Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM

14,249 posts, read 17,885,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I'd rather they not come here. There's always Australia and New Zealand. They can go there.
Quite a lot have already come here. We have a few where I work. Usually white, young, skilled and well educated. A lot of the same are heading to Australia and New Zealand. I notice a difference between them and our young US staff. The South Africans are much more "driven" to be successful. Perhaps because they know that going home isn't an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,836,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Bushmen and Bantus have to sort out their history themselves, that is none of our business.
Why is it your business when it comes to Afrikaners?

Quote:
As I said, I am not saying whites should be expelled or anything like that, but they should arrive at the same economic level the rest of the population lives. There is for instance no reason why whites should own more and/or better land than their percentage of the population suggests.
Well...except if of course they OWN the property...it appears you are suggesting wealth redistribution,is that correct?

Quote:
I have seen interviews with some of those Afrikaners, they still think they are better, they don't mix with blacks etc. Basically they still have the mentality of colonial people.
I am sure you could find the same with black tribes about other black tribes...

Zulus do not think too highly of Xhosa and vice versa...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
An Englishman is an Englishman...even if other people dont consider themselves as such.

The difference is the intermingling between the zulu and xhosa makes it very possible that a great number(If not majority) of the zulu population in south Africa have ancestry that could be considered rather "native" to that area.
Hmmm I would like to see some proof of this,the various tribes there were not really that friendly with each other.

And of course the Xhosa themselves migrated to the region from elsewhere....see how this works,people have constantly migrated to other regions,it just seems some here think 'belonging' to a region should be based solely on skin color.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why is it your business when it comes to Afrikaners?

Well...except if of course they OWN the property...it appears you are suggesting wealth redistribution,is that correct?

I am sure you could find the same with black tribes about other black tribes...

Zulus do not think too highly of Xhosa and vice versa...
Because they are Germanic people like me, unfortunately....

Of course I am suggesting redistribution and if necessary expropriating whites and giving their excess land to blacks. Same problem exists in most of southern Africa.

Of course, but again, that is not my problem. Quite a number of black Africans are also racists, but it is up to them to settle their problems.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Because they are Germanic people like me, unfortunately....
They have lived there for over 350 years...and aren't all people the same???

Quote:
Of course I am suggesting redistribution and if necessary expropriating whites and giving their excess land to blacks. Same problem exists in most of southern Africa.
Wow,interesting,where do you draw the line on this redistribution?

Quote:
Of course, but again, that is not my problem. Quite a number of black Africans are also racists, but it is up to them to settle their problems.
I agree,and Afrikaners ARE African.You simply are using skin color to discriminate...isn't that wrong?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM

If I have this correct, the Afrikaners should get what is coming to them/leave because of their past treatment of black Africans based on skin color...and the reason they should be punished/forced to leave is because they are white....

Is that basically it?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM

351 posts, read 532,867 times
Quote:
Hmmm I would like to see some proof of this,the various tribes there were not really that friendly with each other.

And of course the Xhosa themselves migrated to the region from elsewhere....see how this works,people have constantly migrated to other regions,it just seems some here think 'belonging' to a region should be based solely on skin color.
The "One description fits all" mentality of the dutch in south Africa sets back true tribal representations in southern Africa. Hate never stops offspring from intermingling though as history tells us.

Most places on this earth had people migrate to them. Surely setting up shop in a place does not take your original identity away from you.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times
Quote:
They have lived there for over 350 years...and aren't all people the same???

Wow,interesting,where do you draw the line on this redistribution?

I agree,and Afrikaners ARE African.You simply are using skin color to discriminate...isn't that wrong?
If they had mixed with locals during those 350 years they would not be a separate ethnic group anymore, so it is their own fault they are indeed not Africans in the eyes of Africans, and not in mine, either.
Their ancestors had no right to steal the land from blacks (of any ethnicity), so why should they be allowed keep what their ancestors stole? If a thief is caught, is he allowed to keep the prey?

There are enough statistics one could use as guidelines to determine who owns too much.

The point is you try again and again to put it is though Afrikaners are as African as Bantus or Bushmen and thus equally entitled to African land, but apart from Afrikaners themselves and their friends nobody thinks so.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,304,014 times
Quote:
Why?They are relatively recent arrivals to region of South Africa...displaced/subjugated those who were already living there...
And the bantu groups only arrived in South Africa a couple of hundred years before the Europeans killing or displacing all the stone age hunter gatherer Khoisan people who originally lived there. What's your point? The bantu groups literally only just reached the fish river in South Africa and couldn't go further south because their tropical agriculture food package couldn't grow any further south. The Zulu only made it south of the fish river be relaying exclusively on cattle for food because none of their crops would grow. That's why whites found the European like parts of South Africa populated only be stone age hunter gatherers who the Bantu hadn't yet got around to killing off like they had in most of the rest of Central and Southern Africa. Read about the Bantu expansion.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
The "One description fits all" mentality of the dutch in south Africa sets back true tribal representations in southern Africa. Hate never stops offspring from intermingling though as history tells us.
Wouldn't the continuation of that hate BY black south Africans be criticised and held to the same standards as that committed by the Afrikaners?

Quote:
[Most places on this earth had people migrate to them. Surely setting up shop in a place does not take your original identity away from you.
Actually it does....You consider Zulus South African right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies