Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2010, 03:18 PM

296 posts, read 273,377 times

Advertisements

newest obama fanboy and fangirl chant: "we're nearly almost half-assed! we're nearly almost half-assed".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 03:20 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
newest obama fanboy and fangirl chant: "we're nearly almost half-assed! we're nearly almost half-assed".
ALL you need to win re-election is just over 50% (and Obama will be FAR above that by the time the next Presidential election rolls around).

Ken

Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I believe we are talking about Obama are we not. I could careless about Reagans approval ratings from many years ago.
The point is some people tend to point out Obama's approval ratings currently as evidence on his reelection chances in 2012. It really has nothing to do with it,

Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM

296 posts, read 273,377 times
you look at the trend of his rating and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

and there are obviously several people in this forum that don't qualify for the not a rocket scientist monicker; not really even walmart greeter or fry super sizer caliber either.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
you look at the trend of his rating and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

and there are obviously several people in this forum that don't qualify for the not a rocket scientist monicker; not really even walmart greeter or fry super sizer caliber either.
Its been virtually the same for the pat 9 months....

Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:

So what kind of job ARE you going to look for - because the fact is (as the previous poster mentioned) his average poll has been essentially FLAT for the last 6 months or so. On December 14th of 2009 he was at 48.4 approval average. As of today he is at 47.9 approval average. There has been very little downward movement for all that time. The trend has been essentially FLAT since late last year - with his average bouncing around just below 50%. In effect he's bottomed out at just below the 50% mark - and as the economy recovers so will his ratings.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Ken

Old 06-03-2010, 06:02 PM

419 posts, read 447,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_HillBilly View Post
I may be in complete disapproval, but by the time 2012 is here he may be sadly the best of the two to throw my vote at. which puppet of corporate America will run on the other ticket? I am so excited to find out. I really am.
Whoever wrote some stupid comment in my rep point thing jingy please just send me a IM instead. That is lame.

Why would I need to do some research over the above comment? What a silly and dumb comment. What do I need to research? The fact that American Presidents arn't puppets having their strings pulled. The fact that some people feel that there is a weak decision about the two tickets we have to vote for? Anyways, be a man and just IM me. Don't be a douche and write stupid stuff in my rep point thingy unles you dig my comment. Douche.

I am getting so sick of this forum. So much anger and insulting on here. I bet if I was in front of you then you would be much more respectable to me and behave like a man.

Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
It doesn't matter whether you care about Reagan's approval rating or not. By historical standards, Obama's near-50% approval rating is pretty darned good considering the lousy economy he inherited. The fact is, if it's only down around 50% when the economy has been bad, what's it going to do as the economy IMPROVES?

HISTORY provides some pretty good insight. You should consider LEARNING about it. ALL Presidents suffer low approval ratings when the economy is bad. Compared to what OTHER Presidents have had happen to THEIR approval ratings under tough economic conditions, Obama is doing FAR BETTER.

Ken
Oh blah blah blah he inherited something and is making it worse. I mean Obama supporters sit here and tell us how the economy is getting so much better then turn around and say considering how lousy the economy is hes doing great.

If he is below 50 he couldnt win election today. So you can sit here and talk up how hes just a little below 50. Today is a much different time then Reagan time. People want change. They actually believed Obama would bring it. They are seeing that was a lie.

The thing is also check out his disapproval rating

Old 06-03-2010, 06:46 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The point is some people tend to point out Obama's approval ratings currently as evidence on his reelection chances in 2012. It really has nothing to do with it,
I agree but you should tell the OP that cause its like he watches daily waits for a day that its at 50% they run and start a thread. Look Obama is doing great his approval rating is 50% then hides when it goes down.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:54 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh blah blah blah he inherited something and is making it worse. I mean Obama supporters sit here and tell us how the economy is getting so much better then turn around and say considering how lousy the economy is hes doing great.

If he is below 50 he couldnt win election today. So you can sit here and talk up how hes just a little below 50. Today is a much different time then Reagan time. People want change. They actually believed Obama would bring it. They are seeing that was a lie.

The thing is also check out his disapproval rating
I think you are being a bit premature, compared to the great depression they at least gave Franklin Roosevelt a few more years. How many presidents do you know that had wars going on in 2 countries, record economic problems, Israel, Iran, North Korea, the largest oil spill in history and still kept close to 50%???

The economy, unemployment are quite a bit off but definitely improving, almost 50% is looking pretty good with all the problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies