Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're right. If the greenies hadn't forced the producers into such deep water, this would have been solved before it was a problem.
And if Big Oil, and you oil shills weren't so obsessed about "Drill Baby, Drill," we could have avoided this disaster in the first place.

Do you know how much money us consumers will actually save by drilling offshore in our nation's waters? Look it up.

This talking point that the environmentalists are to blame for this disaster is complete B.S. Of course you parrots will repeat anything Limbaugh says, that's all you got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
And if Big Oil, and you oil shills weren't so obsessed about "Drill Baby, Drill," we could have avoided this disaster in the first place.

Do you know how much money us consumers will actually save by drilling offshore in our nation's waters? Look it up.

This talking point that the environmentalists are to blame for this disaster is complete B.S. Of course you parrots will repeat anything Limbaugh says, that's all you got.

Are you sure another Exxon Valdeze would not have occured if we had to ship all our oil? I certainly don't think shipping oil is a foolproof solution.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:16 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're right. If the greenies hadn't forced the producers into such deep water, this would have been solved before it was a problem.
I see somebody was on Palin's facebook page today weak to say the least.

Do you even know the series of events that led up to the explosion?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times
Honestly, I think we're all to blame, not just BP. As a nation, we rely so heavily on oil that's it's almost unbelieveable. Other energy sources should be explored thoroughly and be put to use so we don't have to go through this again.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah....BP's not at fault for this spill at all.

Is it too much to ask that Big Oil drill safely? At least try to follow some safety and environmental regulations?

This was a case of criminal negligence.... all responsible belong in prison
The criminal negligence came from the MMS people who bragged on the safety measures in effect at that well just two weeks before the explosion. Why do I never see anybody talk about that? I am sure I know why.

I seriously think that the top people in the MMS along with their superiors deserve to go to prison along with the big oil people from BP. You talk about regulation and that example of regulation made me sick.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:45 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I am watching CNN and the oil if coming out like never before. Not sure if cutting the pipe was such a great idea.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post

Did Limbaugh say that? I don't know since I only hear him about once a month and haven't got to him yet this month. Do you really listen to him?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Honestly, I think we're all to blame, not just BP. As a nation, we rely so heavily on oil that's it's almost unbelieveable. Other energy sources should be explored thoroughly and be put to use so we don't have to go through this again.
Will your next computer and all the other appliances like it that are constructed of plastic be made of oil once we get real about it all? I didn't think so but you don't seem to know that oil is used in the manufacture of plastic. Are you going to force a return to glass milk bottles and glass water bottles? No? Why not?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am watching CNN and the oil if coming out like never before. Not sure if cutting the pipe was such a great idea.
I missed that since I have been watching Fox all evening. Oh well it may get fixed someday.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:56 PM

683 posts, read 428,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
BP announced that they expected a 20% increase in flow after cutting the pipe. They've got the top hat on but it'll be 12 or more hours before we know if it works or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies