Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:09 PM

53 posts, read 28,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I don't get it, all the networks, cable news, newspapers, etc., always turn to a Mexican, or Mexican-American to debate the Arizona immigration law. Why? It is like asking rapist what they think of DNA test kits.... what do you think the rapist is going to say? Just stupid, you already know where most will stand.

Political Correctess run amok. Why doesn't the media ever debate the law with African Americans? They are US citizens too last I knew.
Why ask anti immigration groups if they support a racist law. That's like asking the KKK if they support Jim Crow laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 10:14 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
Plenty of LEGAL Hispanics do not like illegal immigration. I wish they would interview one of these people! There are lots.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:45 PM

53 posts, read 28,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Plenty of LEGAL Hispanics do not like illegal immigration. I wish they would interview one of these people! There are lots.
Plenty of Hispanics who are against illegal immigration and against this law. The majority of Hispanics who support the Arizona law are vendidos.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
What is a vendido?

What is the main reason that Hispanics against illegal immigration are against this law? Fear of racial profiling?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
I don't get it, all the networks, cable news, newspapers, etc., always turn to a Mexican, or Mexican-American to debate the Arizona immigration law. Why? It is like asking rapist what they think of DNA test kits.... what do you think the rapist is going to say? Just stupid, you already know where most will stand.

Political Correctess run amok. Why doesn't the media ever debate the law with African Americans? They are US citizens too last I knew.
It's okay to ask them - as long as they'll ask others and are prepared for the American through-and-through MA's to be just like anyone else.

The PC media most likely asks only Mexicans and the more Mexican-Mexican-Americans because they give the more politically correct answers that the media wants to hear.

It's also the media's agenda to try to turn this into a race matter - and it wouldn't suit them to have black Americans for example agree with immigration laws.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:09 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,038 times
Quote:

Why not ask them?
OP..I hope that you aren't comparing Mexican-Americans or Mexicans to rapists?

Old 06-03-2010, 11:10 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Are you saying that mexican-americans are criminals from the moment they are born?

I believe that's called "racism"

Old 06-03-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
What is a vendido?

What is the main reason that Hispanics against illegal immigration are against this law? Fear of racial profiling?
A "vendido" would be someone who racists believe is a sell-out to his so-called race. Mexican isn't a race of course but those who use this term believe it is. The racists believe that a hispanic would always put race before country, and so anything that isn't what The Race (aka La Raza) instructs would make someone a "vendido" to the race. Patriotism to the USA, a belief in the need for laws and an orderly immigration process would make someone a "vendido" to the race which is supposed to be the only thing that matters.

Todo por La Raza, nada afuera La Raza. Everything for The Race, Nothing aside from The Race.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Are you saying that mexican-americans are criminals from the moment they are born?

I believe that's called "racism"
Then why do you suppose the MSM does this? It doesn't dare ask a black or white American about the Arizona law. It assumes that hispanics of recent Mexican descent would automatically be against immigration laws for the USA or believe that anyone from Mexico has a right to break any immigration related law they like.

I think the OP is simply asking why the MSM is so apparent in it's agenda.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:15 PM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
I see no reason why a Hispanic living legally in the United States would be offended by the law. I don't know the numbers, but plenty of Hispanics in Arizona support the law.
Would white people be offended if we pass a law that allows police to stop and interrogate anybody that looks like a neo-nazi or KKK member.

They make white people look bad, so why won't white people support that law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies