Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,534,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
I see no reason why a Hispanic living legally in the United States would be offended by the law. I don't know the numbers, but plenty of Hispanics in Arizona support the law. In addition to the reasons why anyone would support the law, here are some reasons why it benefits Hispanics-

1) Illegal immigrants from Mexico make legal Americans of Mexican heritage look bad.
Really? Hard working, God fearing honest people make Mexicans look bad?

Quote:
2) Legal Hispanics suffer the same negative effects (economic burden, increased crime, etc.) that white and black Americans do.
Yet there are tons of studies that show illegals do not increase crime. Moderator NewtoCA started a thread about this the other day. Furthermore, there are no studies as to how much revenue illegals contribute due to sales/property taxation

Quote:
3) An honest look at the law shows that legal residence of any race have nothing to worry about, including Americans of Hispanic descent.
If you were thrown into jail based on the color of your skin, I wonder if you'd be singing the same tune.

Quote:
The way some people portray the law, you would think the police are going to be driving around arresting Hispanic people. Here are a few problems with that theory-
1) The law is not based on race, its based on immigration status. European, African, Asian, Hispanic, it doesn't matter, if you're here illegaly, that is going to be a problem.
2) The Arizona police aren't that dumb to go arresting everyone who looks Mexican. They don't want to get sued.
3) Many people from Mexico are of European descent, and wouldn't look very different from an Anglo in Arizona.
Many Mexican-Americans are already wary of the police and feel they are hassled enough. Did anybody bother to ask the legal Mexican-Americans citizens how they felt about this legislation? Or was it a bunch of white folks from Arizona who know no Mexicans outside of who cuts their lawn who wrote the law?

Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 07:01 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,262,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
So weed out the bad cops and move on. There are way more good ones that will uphold the law as it is suppose to be. If we ditched every law because some cops did not uphold it the way they should we would not have any laws.
So far, Joe Arpaio is quite popular. I don't see Maricopa County ditching his expensive butt any time soon.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
Illegals increase crime by being in the United States illegally.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Mexican Americans who live here should be happy that this law will help prevent their tax money going to criminals vs US citizens.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,193,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I totally disagree with you, Fox News Outlet, isn't any more bias then STUPID CNN OR MSNBC OR NBC or any other news outlet. They all have their stories, they all are bias to a point, every freaking single one of them. I'm sorry but i find that fox tells you more about the news you want to here, and i listen to all of them, let me fase that, i use to, cannot stand CNN OR MSNBC. There is bias on these forums, there is bias all over the place, this is life. And i happen to find that some of the other news outles, are wayyyyyyyyyyy more bias then Fox, which is the most popular.
Good post Ms. jewel. I used to watch other news channels just to get bored with their weak stories. I do watch Fox a great deal but then come to the forums for balance. Unfortunately the only balance I get is Fox bashing. Very little input of reality based fact. Leaving me with the only resource left, Andrew Sullivan...

Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Right. Well, depsite what "your friend" says, this poll shows that legal or not, brown and black americans are still a little leery of racial profiling.

What are you throwing La Raza in the discussion for, again?
I am a legal brown and not an ilegal brown big diffrence between the two.a bank robber when he gets caught he goes to jail according to the laws.same should should be if an ilegal brown is caught they should be delt with according to the laws.I have no worry about racial profile non what so ever. I do know family members and friends who end up in jail and evry time they say the cops where racist. its an excuse I know my people

Old 07-17-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I am a legal brown and not an ilegal brown big diffrence between the two.a bank robber when he gets caught he goes to jail according to the laws.same should should be if an ilegal brown is caught they should be delt with according to the laws.I have no worry about racial profile non what so ever. I do know family members and friends who end up in jail and evry time they say the cops where racist. its an excuse I know my people
Mwah! You totally get that enforcing the law is not racist.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Mwah! You totally get that enforcing the law is not racist.
don't be so surprise there are many people who know this

Old 07-17-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
don't be so surprise there are many people who know this
I am not surprised but there is someone on this thread who thinks otherwise.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am not surprised but there is someone on this thread who thinks otherwise.
I am well aware of those people, the few radicals that like to incite the rest of us.and one of them is Mr. Obama himself. when he said "hispanics would not be able to go out for ice cream because they might be stop and ask for their papers" somhting like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies