Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 07:51 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,996,482 times

Advertisements

Former President George W. Bush admitted that 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded during his administration and said he wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, The Grand Rapids Press reported late Wednesday.

“Yeah, we waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed,” Bush told the Economic Club of Grand Rapids in Michigan. “I’d do it again to save lives.”

Bush admits waterboarding 9/11 mastermind, says he'd do it again - NYPOST.com

I believe waterboarding is a war crime. I understand that Lifeguard Bush wants to save lives for political purposes, but it's wrong. Everyone who actually knows about interrogation, knows that you're more likely to receive misinformation when you torture. Look it up.

Waterboarding is not simulated drowning, it is real drowning.

"The victim experiences the sensations of drowning: struggle, panic, breath-holding, swallowing, vomiting, taking water into the lungs and, eventually, the same feeling of not being able to breathe that one experiences after being punched in the gut. The main difference is that the drowning process is halted. According to those who have studied waterboarding's effects, it can cause severe psychological trauma, such as panic attacks, for years. "

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

Meanwhile, the Left is obviously upset with BP, as they should be. The Right is upset with the Sestak volunteer offer, because the Right is full of hypocrites who never even knew that Reagan did the same thing. It's politics people. You spend your time reading and posting on the C-D Politics forum, so you should know this ****.

Bush picked the perfect media cycle to "open up." After all, he does have a Facebook page now.

BTW, Bush also doesn't respect you tea people:

Bush, who has maintained a low profile since the end of his presidency, said he would continue to refrain from disparaging President Barack Obama.

“You are not going to see me in the public square criticizing the president,” Bush said, according to The Grand Rapids Press.

Addressing the Tea Party Movement that emerged in response to the bank bailout, the economic stimulus package and health care reform, Bush said,

“These movements come and go.”

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 08:12 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Former President George W. Bush admitted that 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was waterboarded during his administration and said he wouldn’t hesitate to do it again, The Grand Rapids Press reported late Wednesday.

“Yeah, we waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed,” Bush told the Economic Club of Grand Rapids in Michigan. “I’d do it again to save lives.”

I believe waterboarding is a war crime. I understand that Lifeguard Bush wants to save lives for political purposes, but it's wrong. Everyone who actually knows about interrogation, knows that you're more likely to receive misinformation when you torture. Look it up.

Waterboarding is not simulated drowning, it is real drowning.

"The victim experiences the sensations of drowning: struggle, panic, breath-holding, swallowing, vomiting, taking water into the lungs and, eventually, the same feeling of not being able to breathe that one experiences after being punched in the gut. The main difference is that the drowning process is halted. According to those who have studied waterboarding's effects, it can cause severe psychological trauma, such as panic attacks, for years. "

Waterboarding Used to Be a Crime - washingtonpost.com

Meanwhile, the Left is obviously upset with BP, as they should be. The Right is upset with the Sestak volunteer offer, because the Right is full of hypocrites who never even knew that Reagan did the same thing. It's politics people. You spend your time reading and posting on the C-D Politics forum, so you should know this ****.

Bush picked the perfect media cycle to "open up." After all, he does have a Facebook page now.

BTW, Bush also doesn't respect you tea people:

Bush, who has maintained a low profile since the end of his presidency, said he would continue to refrain from disparaging President Barack Obama.

“You are not going to see me in the public square criticizing the president,” Bush said, according to The Grand Rapids Press.

Addressing the Tea Party Movement that emerged in response to the bank bailout, the economic stimulus package and health care reform, Bush said,

“These movements come and go.”

Yawn. The Bush Administration "admitted" this years ago. I believe they did it several times. Even saw a video of it.

It wasn't waterboarding like we think of. The Chinese perfected the thing. What the U.S. doesn't even comapre. Very mild.

Bush has been out of office for 18 months now. Time to let your resentment go. Obama is continuing the same policies. They are both statists. The only difference is in the margains.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Some libs just can't move past their BDS.

It's sad, but I get it, if I was a Democrat watching my guy totally and royally screw up this country, I'd be trying to divert attention too.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Yawn. The Bush Administration "admitted" this years ago. I believe they did it several times. Even saw a video of it.

It wasn't waterboarding like we think of. The Chinese perfected the thing. What the U.S. doesn't even comapre. Very mild.

Bush has been out of office for 18 months now. Time to let your resentment go. Obama is continuing the same policies. They are both statists. The only difference is in the margains.
Can you please explain how "it wasn't waterboarding like we think of?"

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Can you please explain how "it wasn't waterboarding like we think of?"
When people think of waterboarding they think of the Chinese water torture.

We did nothing close.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Some libs just can't move past their BDS.

It's sad, but I get it, if I was a Democrat watching my guy totally and royally screw up this country, I'd be trying to divert attention too.
Some conservatives just can't move past their BDS. (Bush Denial Syndrome)

Y'all fell for Bush, y'all supported him to the end. (The 20%ers)

Buck up and debate the topic at hand.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
When people think of waterboarding they think of the Chinese water torture.

We did nothing close.
And who's telling you this? Dick Morris?

Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Dick Morris? LOLs.

I'm an anarchist. I don't much care for the liberal Dick Morris.

I saw the video of what we did when waterboarding.

Liberals try and make it sound like Chinese water torture to discredit Bush. (Interesting since water torture is the brainchild of the left).

It's all nonsense. What the U.S. did in waterboarding was not torture. Not even close.

Stalin and Mao and Ho Chi Minh and Hitler and other liberals of their ilk would laugh at our "treatment".

Put a D behind GWBs name and Democrats would be defending it and Republicans would throw a hissy fit.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Funny you mention Morris. I have the television on in the other room. I can hear him talking. LOLs.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Dick Morris? LOLs.

I'm an anarchist. I don't much care for the liberal Dick Morris.

I saw the video of what we did when waterboarding.

Liberals try and make it sound like Chinese water torture to discredit Bush. (Interesting since water torture is the brainchild of the left).

It's all nonsense. What the U.S. did in waterboarding was not torture. Not even close.

Stalin and Mao and Ho Chi Minh and Hitler and other liberals of their ilk would laugh at our "treatment".

Put a D behind GWBs name and Democrats would be defending it and Republicans would throw a hissy fit.
You lost me at "I'm an anarchist. I don't much care of the liberal Dick Morris."

Run along, Jolly Roger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies