Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He did his duty and saved the lives of his comrades, so he is recommended for a medal.

It is not complicated.
I am a little dubious of your posts but, it sounds like you agree with your OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 12:14 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And that's justification for Israel's actions?

If you want to play that game: Stalin killed more Ukrainians than Hitler killed Israelis, let's make Ukraine the darling of the apologists.
No, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and how israel is singled out and the arab treatment of palestinians being far worse, yet lefties completely ignore that. Israelis aren't the Palestinians alleged "arab brothers" yet they treat Palestinians much better than the arabs do. Yet you ignore it.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
He did it to rescue his brothers in arms, so I think he deserves the medal.

Israeli commando who shot six passengers in aid convoy in line for medal - Times Online

Six of the nine passengers killed in an Israeli raid on an aid convoy bound for Gaza were shot by a single Israeli commando, who is being considered for a medal of valour for saving his injured comrades as passengers attacked them with clubs, knives and even guns they had taken from downed Navy Seals.

Fresh details of the controversial raid, which has led to accusations of “piracy” and “state terrorism” being levelled against Israel, and which wrecked its strategic partnership with Turkey, emerged yesterday. There were reports that passengers who attacked the Israeli boarding party had been dragging three captured commandos into the hold of the ship when the shooting broke out.

And a British passenger who witnessed the deadly pre-dawn encounter in international waters said that some of the more peaceful activists on board had tried to protect captured Israeli soldiers being set upon by a hardcore of passengers, most of them believed to be Turks linked to an Islamic charity accused by Israel of having links to extremists.
So if a random country like Iran illegally boarded an American ship in international waters, the Americans reacted violently to the illegal raid, and one Iranian killed 6 Americans, would you think that guy deserves a medal?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I am a little dubious of your posts but, it sounds like you agree with your OP.
You were born dubious. Yes, of course I agree with it.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
He did his duty and saved the lives of his comrades, so he is recommended for a medal.

It is not complicated.
Weren't they all trespassing?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So if a random country like Iran illegally boarded an American ship in international waters, the Americans reacted violently to the illegal raid, and one Iranian killed 6 Americans, would you think that guy deserves a medal?
Well, duh. Of course not. Iranians are not the Chosen Ones. Plus, don't bother me with analogies and facts. I'm too busy believing that I'll go to heaven for throwing my blind support towards AIPAC lobbyists and the Lukid.

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
How often have you heard of American ships approach foreign countries after repeated warnings, and how often do they refuse inspections?

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
He did it to rescue his brothers in arms, so I think he deserves the medal.

Israeli commando who shot six passengers in aid convoy in line for medal - Times Online

Six of the nine passengers killed in an Israeli raid on an aid convoy bound for Gaza were shot by a single Israeli commando, who is being considered for a medal of valour for saving his injured comrades as passengers attacked them with clubs, knives and even guns they had taken from downed Navy Seals.

Fresh details of the controversial raid, which has led to accusations of “piracy” and “state terrorism” being levelled against Israel, and which wrecked its strategic partnership with Turkey, emerged yesterday. There were reports that passengers who attacked the Israeli boarding party had been dragging three captured commandos into the hold of the ship when the shooting broke out.

And a British passenger who witnessed the deadly pre-dawn encounter in international waters said that some of the more peaceful activists on board had tried to protect captured Israeli soldiers being set upon by a hardcore of passengers, most of them believed to be Turks linked to an Islamic charity accused by Israel of having links to extremists.

I agree! Good for him!

Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Well, duh. Of course not. Iranians are not the Chosen Ones. Plus, don't bother me with analogies and facts. I'm too busy believing that I'll go to heaven for throwing my blind support towards AIPAC lobbyists and the Lukid.
And yet you're going to deny you're an antisemite?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And that's justification for Israel's actions?

If you want to play that game: Stalin killed more Ukrainians than Hitler killed Israelis, let's make Ukraine the darling of the apologists.
Not fair!

Stalin was still alive after the war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies