Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Sad.....I guess freedom of speech only applies when you arent hurting peoples feelings.
But she was speaking of Israeli's, many of them emigres from other countries (many have been PAID to move to Israel)

You cannot question either of the sacred cow's, the military or Israel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The media isnt "burying" anything because her comments are not disparaging of someones race. When you call a womans basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hoes" its alot different than saying (poorly) that Israel should give back the land they have stolen since 1948.

Tragically, even an innocent, off the cuff slip of the tongue has now cost this woman everything, the rightwing attack machine, with its barking dogs always at the ready, have created a firestorm that forced an almost 90 year old woman to retire.

I saw this one coming. You dont criticize Israel and you dont criticize the U.S. military.
That's not what she said. She said jews should get out of palestine and return to germany and poland. That's calling for ethnic cleansing, which is worse than a single racist comment. Sorry. Try again, antisemite.

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Why are you playing the religion card?

You dont know my opinion on any group of people, yet feel the need to call me an antisemite.
You call yourself one when you post the things you've been posting.

And I'm right anyway, and you know it. You just don't have the courage to admit it. That's not my problem, it's yours.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
But she was speaking of Israeli's, many of them emigres from other countries (many have been PAID to move to Israel)

You cannot question either of the sacred cow's, the military or Israel .
AGAIN....how was she questioning Israel by saying openly that JEWS should go back to where they came from?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM

351 posts, read 533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post

And I'm right anyway, and you know it. You just don't have the courage to admit it. That's not my problem, it's yours.
What have I posted that is anti jewish on here? Calling them 2.2% of the population at most?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
That's not what she said. She said jews should get out of palestine and return to germany and poland. That's calling for ethnic cleansing, which is worse than a single racist comment. Sorry. Try again, antisemite.

If I played the same game you have played for 22 pages, I'd probably be banned.

You are, undoubtedly, a huge fan of demagoguery, employing it yourself in almost every reply.

Go watch some Glenn Beck.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
AGAIN....how was she questioning Israel by saying openly that JEWS should go back to where they came from?
I'm not going to explain the incentives for people to move to Israel.
Look it up.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post

Tea Parties/Wingnuts/conservatives labor under the illusion they are always correct.

For these people, they are not only always correct, their detractors are always wrong.

Thats why, as the first two years of Obama's Presidency has proven, the art of compromise is impossible with radical conservatism.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:55 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
What have I posted that is anti jewish on here? Calling them 2.2% of the population at most?
First of all, their number is irrelevant. Being in the minority does not make a group worth anything less than anybody else.

You know what you've posted.

If you believe in your feelings you should be able to be honest about them.

Would you actually say that you have no problem at all with Jewish people in America? None? How you decide to answer that, or if you decide to answer it at all, is up to you. You can believe whatever you want to believe. It just seems like you would want to stand by your beliefs, regardless of the response you get for them.

Old 06-07-2010, 10:58 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,385,843 times
Her statement merely demonstrates how ignorant she is, and probably always has been, in her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies