Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,581,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldTheBeans View Post
All I see is vehement attacks against these entities from the left. The main argument is they are brainwashing folks etc. etc. etc. Well I've not seen many right leaning posters quote these folks often. Me thinks if the lefties would stop watching these guys they'd probably go out of business but you can't control yourselves from yelling at the TV or radio on a daily basis.
I'm very conservative and can't stand any of the pundits you just listed. They do brainwash people, but so do the left wing media outlets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:48 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
I don't know... maybe the same reason the right keeps attacking Bill Maher, the Obamas, David Letterman, and just about every news network OTHER than FOX? It's just how things go in this ridiculous two-party system we currently have here - constant attacks and bickering, with no good solutions for any of our real issues. Nice, huh?

Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I can honestly say that I have tried to listen to left wing radio. When I did, I kept hearing things that I knew were false presented as unquestioned fact. Many of these false claims were debated on CD at the time and proven to be without merit, but they still made the same claims and they all agreed with each other. I concluded at the time that left-wing radio might be interesting to listen to as long as you aren't an informed listener.
Switch out "left wing radio" for FOX News or Rush Limbaugh, and you pretty much summarized my thoughts on the subject.

For the record, I don't listen to any of this crap - whether it's right-leaning or left-leaning. The only talk radio I listen to is Howard Stern, and occasionally Dr. Drew or Adam Carolla streaming on my iPhone. And in terms of the TV coverage, I only watch the local news and sometimes Jon Stewart for laughs. Why rely on the obviously biased sources for news & current events, when you can do the research for yourself? Of course I'm a reference librarian, so my views (on this topic) might be a little different from your average American.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I don't know... maybe the same reason the right keeps attacking Bill Maher, the Obamas, David Letterman, and just about every news network OTHER than FOX? It's just how things go in this ridiculous two-party system we currently have here - constant attacks and bickering, with no good solutions for any of our real issues. Nice, huh?
There's a difference between an attack and an attempt to silence speech. Wouldn't you agree?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
Speak up.... I don't think they can hear you.

I don't get it. To you conservatives in this thread, do you honestly think that NO ONE on your side attacks the other? Because you sure as hell are now.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
There's a difference between an attack and an attempt to silence speech. Wouldn't you agree?
Yes, but who is trying to silence anyone's speech? I don't see ANY "lefties" calling for the arrest of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, in fact most of us don't even want them off the air... I even ordered Beck's latest book for my library, LOL.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Speak up.... I don't think they can hear you.

I don't get it. To you conservatives in this thread, do you honestly think that NO ONE on your side attacks the other? Because you sure as hell are now.
I think they just put their fingers in their ears (or cover their eyes, in the case of internet forums), whenever the hypocrisies are clearly pointed out to them. And while I don't think two wrongs make a right, no pun intended, the hate from both sides does need to be mentioned... perhaps we should all stop attacking, but I know that would be asking too much of your average American.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:54 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,531 times
Quote:
Yes, but who is trying to silence anyone's speech? I don't see ANY "lefties" calling for the arrest of Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, in fact most of us don't even want them off the air... I even ordered Beck's latest book for my library, LOL.
Have you heard of the left-wing organisation called Media Matters?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
Quote:
I think they just put their fingers in their ears (or cover their eyes, in the case of internet forums), whenever the hypocrisies are clearly pointed out to them. And while I don't think two wrongs make a right, no pun intended, the hate from both sides does need to be mentioned... perhaps we should all stop attacking, but I know that would be asking too much of your average American.
It's just this victim mentality that I'm sick of.

EVERYONE wants to be the victim but no one wants to own up to their faults. It's sickening, really...

Just a bunch of 5 year olds in adult bodies is what I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies