Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:30 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
No...it's not both. Jew is not a race it is a religion. Can you point me to where any knowledgeable person says that Jew it is a race?
You'll get conflicting reports on this, also some say it's both and neither. There is no defined answer by any reputable source that I'm aware. You could go with a statistical distribution, but I don't have the information. So until one of us produces the end all and be all analysis breakdown, we have a stalemate.

Regardless, pulling out a religion or race card is stooping to the level of Sharpton or Jackson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 03:33 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
No...it's not both. Jew is not a race it is a religion. Can you point me to where any knowledgeable person says that Jew it is a race?
Actually, depending on your discipline it can be considered a race. There are anywhere from 3 to 25(?) different races on earth, again depending on how your particulate discipline defines race.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Actually, depending on your discipline it can be considered a race. There are anywhere from 3 to 25(?) different races on earth, again depending on how your particulate discipline defines race.
^ this

Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpin girl View Post
actually, depending on your discipline it can be considered a race. There are anywhere from 3 to 25(?) different races on earth, again depending on how your particulate discipline defines race.
link?

Old 06-04-2010, 03:37 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
I know lots of jews that identify themselves as such and are absolutely non-religious.

It's also a religion, Sammy Davis jr. proves that.

People refer to themselves as 1/2 Jewish and the bible and other religious books refer to people of Jewish ancestry, blood etc.

Sorry it doesn't meet some nice neat definition but that's the way it is.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM

So when are y'all gonna stop hogging the anti-Semitic race card? Sharpton is getting worried he won't get it back.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I know lots of jews that identify themselves as such and are absolutely non-religious.

It's also a religion, Sammy Davis jr. proves that.

People refer to themselves as 1/2 Jewish and the bible and other religious books refer to people of Jewish ancestry, blood etc.

Sorry it doesn't meet some nice neat definition but that's the way it is.
Nothing you have said here proves that Jew is anything but a religion. Referencing, or relating with or to, does not make Jew a race just a reference. I understand that most people refer to Jews as a race but it would be closer to a nationality than race like American, Indian, etc.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:47 PM

205 posts, read 239,541 times
Jews are a race and are talked about in the Bible as being a believer also. Jews are protected by the God of the Universe and anyone that is against them God will be against them. Islam has always been against the Jews because of their weak god Satan the ruler of this dirt clod. Compared to God's vast universe made up of trillions of galaxies that is what the earth is, a dirt clod. LOL

what is a Christian: You believe in Jesus Christ who was crucified on the cross for your sins, period. Don't have to go to church, give your money, and do this or that. in fact nothing you do or I do can earn this.
See the good news (what our churches should be teaching) is once you are a Christian, you will always be. You can worship Satan himself and go out sin unto death and still you are a Christian. The Head can not say to the foot I don't need you. You can turn away from God but God can not even if he wanted to, turn away from you. Why because of his perfection not because of anything you do or don't do. On the other hand if you grew up as a Muslim or Jew and believe Christ was a prophet and not the Messiah then you are condemned and will be burned forever in the lake of fire. Jesus could die for the entire world’s sins but one, the unpardonable sin NOT BELIEVING IN JESUS CHRIST. There has to be an arbitrator between perfect infallible God and sinful man-kind. this is where the Jews and Muslims make their biggest mistake in their life. They think they can go straight to perfect God in their human stinking sinful flesh it would be easier to go have a talk with Muslim Obama then to go to perfect God, good luck on that one though.
The sad thing about the Muslims is they know nothing about the Quran only meaningless rituals and regurgitated unbiased false facts. They will burn in hell because they don't use their brains that all powerful God gave them.

Jews and Muslims use the brain God gave you, your eternal life depends on it!!!
You have in you book Jesus was a prophet he never stated he was a prophet he said I am the Messiah no one comes to the Father except through me, He was telling the truth.
Now analyzing the facts question why do you have a liar in your supposedly infallible Holy Book? I will tell you why Satan could not get rid of Jesus Christ too too many people seen him and his resurrection, he would have loved to, but then nobody would have believed his pack of lies. Satan is the egotistical bastard that wants to be prayed to 5 times or more a day and is into meaningless rituals. God already knows who he is and we as humans can not in physical bodies even glorify him. Remember in upper room Jesus states I will send a mentor a teacher who will teach you about me and HE WILL GLORIFY ME.
Why is it called the tree of knowledge of GOOD and Evil instead of Evil and Good. Gee everyone knows that evil is worse then good, or is it? In the 10 commandments why the first #1 of Ten Commandments states is do not worship any other God yet murder is 6th. Does this make any sense? Not to us but to God makes perfect sense. That is why he states my ways are higher from the earth to the heavens. If you talk to most ask them Why God destroyed world with Flood? They will tell you because of wicked and evil people on the earth, yet we do wicked and evil better more precise then they could have imagined. They couldn't even make a ice cube!!!! They had no conveniences back then. Our Ministers have let us down just like our politicians neither can or knows the truth this is why there are 50,000 plus religions, which again analyzing the facts, by asking questions. Why would perfect God need more then one religion? To the Jews why did Hitler kill 6.5 million Jews (God's chosen people the ones he protected) and even harder question why did God allow it? Answer these questions with all information at your disposal and you will see that Satan is in charge of religion he is here to fool the majority of the world in to giving up their eternal life with the one and only true God. Muslims why does your religion insist on extinction of the Jews? Then why are they still here and will always be here? Your Fore Fathers for generations in the past have always tried to extinct the Jews even to exodus generation when Moses was freeing them yet they are still here. I will tell you why you worship a weak god a creature not the creator the God of the Universe. He will not allow the Jews to be destroyed by any force you can come up with and he even goes on to state fact if you bring arms against the Jews God will destroy you if you protect the Jews God will honor and protect you. This is why USA is the most prosperous and has the best lands and freedoms in the world. gee how come Allah didn't prosper your country and give you freedom and best environment to raise families in? Yet you pray to him 5 times a day and you have nothing no life for family, no freedoms and want to live in America and leave your country that Allah gave you? Gee does that make any sense it is easy that your god is weak and a manipulator as Jesus states a Liar from the beginning, he wants you to destroy the Jews to make the God of the universe a liar as promised to Abraham in Genesis. Why does Satan want this, he is condemned to the lake of fire by going against God's righteousness as stated in Isaiah 14:17-22. Extinction the Jews will of course never happen as it hasn't by your past generations that are now burning in the lake of fire , they now know who is the true God of the universe but it is too late for them.

Now Muslim and Jew what do you think of Jesus Christ the arbitrator who is God in the flesh the actual right hand of GOD, sent here to save the world!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 03:48 PM

469 posts, read 579,263 times
Quote:
link?
You're going to find a hundred different links which will have variations of the same list. The scientific classification of race is a soft science. Archeologist, anthropologist, sociologist. I saw this guy on the Tony Brown Show who had a PhD in ethnography. No one discipline has the definitive list on what classifies as a race.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
You're going to find a hundred different links which will have variations of the same list. The scientific classification of race is a soft science. Archeologist, anthropologist, sociologist. I saw this guy on the Tony Brown Show who had a PhD in ethnography. No one discipline has the definitive list on what classifies as a race.
There is really only one race, the human race, everything else is a sub-race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies