Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times

Advertisements

You are the one saying slow......It wasnt.you just want to think it was so you have a reason to cry....sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM

285 posts, read 561,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right up front, I don't.

But I was listening to economist Larry Kudlow's radio show this morning and I was astonished at the number of people calling in claiming Obama was just following the Cloward/Piven and Saul Alinsky method for the destroying the economy.

I just think Obama is a terrible manager and has no one on his staff good enough to help him. Surround yourself with academics and you get a lot of pithy talking points, but these folks couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, much less a crisis the magnitude of this oil spill.

It's amazing to me how people want to put blame on our government or our president for something they have no control over. It's silly. This is BP's problem. No one else. If your going to blame someone blame BP. When it happened they had not a clue as to what to do to stop it. They shoved everything under the sun down that pipe trying to stop the leak. Why was there no clear cut course of action set up by BP just in case this were to happen?

I guess it is just more easy to blame someone else than it is to blame the ones who were suppose to know what to do. The president should be hung by his nuts for this. The president and CEO of BP that is.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
He has no clue what to do he's a college professor. He doesn't know anything about managing a crisis. Heck he hasn't even been a mayor. Seriously.
W

H

A

T

?

WHAT ( you DO know what what means, don't you????) WHAT should Obama have done sooner????

Old 06-07-2010, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
W

H

A

T

?

WHAT ( you DO know what what means, don't you????) WHAT should Obama have done sooner????
Let me suggest that what these two old "rednecks" from the south suggested surely made it to someone in the government and even high up in BP. The fact that what these two suggested would have made a pile of money for the farmers of the nation and stopped much of the problem for the people around the Gulf. I bet some fool at each place looked and pooh - poohed the idea and went down the road. I think that these two old boys which suggested this would work should have been listened and their method should have been tried.

I bet that Obama never heard about this so I can't blame him for it. However, all those professors that work for him didn't know either.

Oh darn it one of those old boys had on farmer overalls. He couldn't have been right.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let me suggest that what these two old "rednecks" from the south suggested surely made it to someone in the government and even high up in BP. The fact that what these two suggested would have made a pile of money for the farmers of the nation and stopped much of the problem for the people around the Gulf. I bet some fool at each place looked and pooh - poohed the idea and went down the road. I think that these two old boys which suggested this would work should have been listened and their method should have been tried.

I bet that Obama never heard about this so I can't blame him for it. However, all those professors that work for him didn't know either.

Oh darn it one of those old boys had on farmer overalls. He couldn't have been right.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
""""I can't blame him for it. """

How good of you to not blame Obama for something that wasn't his fault or under his control....

""""However, all those professors that work for him didn't know either."""

And the RESPONSIBLE parties , BP, HALLIBURTON, and Transoceanic,

didn't either!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
When Holder charges these cronies with negligent homicide you can show up again?

Old 06-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
W

H

A

T

?

Still no answer from the big mouths who scream Obama didn't do enough fast enough!!!

Easy to whine, so hard to think........

Old 12-16-2014, 04:44 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
There is no calamity bad enough that a person won't try to commit fraud with it.
BP oil spill claims adjuster pleads guilty to $257,400 wire fraud | NOLA.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies