U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:32 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,710,756 times
Reputation: 758

Advertisements

anything "debated" here on CD? If you have, please tell what and why. I am curious to see if anything anyone is saying has had an effect on anyone.

Personally, I have not, (changed my mind about anything) but I have learned some things that I did not know before and I guess that is why I keep coming back. There are a few posters who make me stop and think and that is a good thing to.

So...what'cha got?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Georgia hope to move soon
328 posts, read 157,190 times
Reputation: 61
Nope. Mostly the libs **** me off. Some of the people who I have a lot in common with we disagree on Israel so I have yet to find someone here that I agree with everything on. But I have not changed my mind on anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:38 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,710,756 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
Nope. Mostly the libs **** me off. Some of the people who I have a lot in common with we disagree on Israel so I have yet to find someone here that I agree with everything on. But I have not changed my mind on anything.
I think it would be hard to find two people who think exactly alike. I use to occasionally argue with very good friends on an old board I used to visit frequently and there are a couple of friends here that I do not see eye to eye with but they are very smart and mostly nice, so it is OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Neither here nor there
14,810 posts, read 14,017,934 times
Reputation: 32944
I haven't changed my mind about anything but there are some here who bring good facts and knowledge to the table that have enlightened me on several issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,710,756 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I haven't changed my mind about anything but there are some here who bring good facts and knowledge to the table that have enlightened me on several issues.
Yeah, that is what I look forward to, things that I never really thought about, before someone brought it up and had very good research to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
3,849 posts, read 3,274,174 times
Reputation: 1694
Can't say my mind has been changed about anything it was made up about. But there have been a few issues where I've read without posting that have given me pause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,710,756 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Can't say my mind has been changed about anything it was made up about. But there have been a few issues where I've read without posting that have given me pause.
Care to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM
 
24,843 posts, read 32,428,746 times
Reputation: 11453
Yes. On gay marriage. I have always understood being gay however, I did not see the reason for marriage.

I was one that thought a "civil union" with some legal documents to give rights was close enough.

Now I understand the pain of not being able to marry. I learned this from reading the posts over the years.

Thanks to those posters who enlightened me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
3,849 posts, read 3,274,174 times
Reputation: 1694
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Care to share?
Not really, considering that the reason I didn't post in those threads was that I either really didn't have an opinion about them or found them too stupid to bother with. I do try to read at least the original post on most threads here and, on some of them, I end up reading through the entire thread without coming to any conclusions about the subject. But, despite the opinion of some who shall remain unnamed, I find this to be a very good place to learn about issues I otherwise would have no clue about. As well as a good place for me to inject my own opinion when I do have one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2010, 01:19 PM
 
Location: The Heartland
4,457 posts, read 3,710,756 times
Reputation: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Not really, considering that the reason I didn't post in those threads was that I either really didn't have an opinion about them or found them too stupid to bother with. I do try to read at least the original post on most threads here and, on some of them, I end up reading through the entire thread without coming to any conclusions about the subject. But, despite the opinion of some who shall remain unnamed, I find this to be a very good place to learn about issues I otherwise would have no clue about. As well as a good place for me to inject my own opinion when I do have one.
What you say here seems to be the way most are going to see it. Thanks for the input.

How have you been by the way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top