Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtone View Post
I guess you didn't read the part of my post where I mentioned that I have no idea where the gas comes if I patronize another gas station? And, why do you care if I or anyone else choose not to patronize a BP station?
I guess you dind't read the part of my where I said that I don't care where you buy gas.

Some people are genuinely uninformed...they think BP owns the stations or that if they go somewhere else they aren't buying BP gas. I think they deserve to know the truth.

You know the truth....good for you. You are boycotting knowing that it won't make a difference except to hurt your local BP station owners and employees. I find that to be particularly offensive. You don't care that you are still buying BP products and putting money in BP coffers....just so long as SOMEONE suffers you feel better.

Geesh....kick any puppies lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stantheman78 View Post
Wondering if people are thinking about or actively boycotting BP. I buy gas from Sams club.

of course
I thought about it myself, but it is hurting the little guy that owns the station, plus they said BP sells unmarked, so there is no telling where you are still buying their gas
I still have a problem buying from EXXON and now I hear this news
so there you go
same crap different day

Old 06-09-2010, 06:51 PM

86 posts, read 179,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
I have another question " anyone think for themselves anymore " ?

Theres something ' fishy' about this explosion .

Not to speak of the fact that our leaders didn't enforce regulations in case something like this happened .

WHO WILL GAIN ? FOLLOW THE MONEY .The answer my friend is blowing in the wind-mills or 'maybe' Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy ! .
Nothing fishy about it. It was blown up on purpose and the oil was intentionally left to drift to the coast to prove a point and serve an agenda. The proof will be in our doubled and tripled energy prices down the road. You wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies