Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:06 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm not talking about the words. I can't stand the music. Musically the national anthem sucks.
It was original a drinking song.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 07:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It was original a drinking song.
So?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I did not start this thread, a new member did and I guess one of the mods deleted the whole thing and now it is back with me as the starter after I started a new thread asking where the original went. If a mod would like to send me a PM and explain what is going on, I would appreciate it.
The mods here do what they want without explanation!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:23 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So?
Somebody commented that they didn't like the music. I simply provided one of the possible reasons why.

You don't find that interesting?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
our anthem is beautiful and stirring however I found this man's reasons to be more about showing off his voice than his point of god in the lyrics. it just seemed disingenuous and more about opportunity to sing than content. for me I would have been more moved had he spoken the words.

YouTube - Marvin Gaye sings American National Anthem
Wow. I never heard this before, thanks for sharing. Marvin is missed by all. RIP, Marvin.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:42 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
he'd fit in nicely in hitler's Germany.
How......stupid.

Care to explain a man singing the National Anthem of the United States of America would fit in nicely in Nazi Germany?

Or is it simply you hate the USA?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:42 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
our anthem is beautiful and stirring however I found this man's reasons to be more about showing off his voice than his point of god in the lyrics. it just seemed disingenuous and more about opportunity to sing than content. for me I would have been more moved had he spoken the words.

YouTube - Marvin Gaye sings American National Anthem
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
meh. He should've busted out the 5th verse/stanza too. Wonder why he didn't....oh yes, right it was a Tea Party event...the 5th verse would never work in that crowd.

First, there is no fifth verse. Second you ask why the man sang it…Well the answer is in the video if you aren’t too biased to see it. The answer given by the speaker had at least something to do with the words “in God we Trust” and where that came from.

The gentleman who sang this fourth and last verse of the song likely was moved by the question as the words of the verse include the following:

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

Nahh… you liberals have it right, he is just some exhibitionist who likes to show off in front of crazies who love the wrong amerika.

snort

Old 06-07-2010, 07:44 AM

351 posts, read 533,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm not talking about the words. I can't stand the music. Musically the national anthem sucks.
Top 10 worst national anthem I have ever heard to be honest

Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
How......stupid.

Care to explain a man singing the National Anthem of the United States of America would fit in nicely in Nazi Germany?

Or is it simply you hate the USA?

See it works like this. To liberals, loving ones country is jingoistic. Liberals want to be citizens of the world. The notion of national patriotism to them is anathema. The Hitler uber-patriotism is a good analogy to Americans who love their God/Country and guns…

Old 06-07-2010, 07:45 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Why does anyone want to put this man down for singing what he believes in?
He is not a star! He is a normal American "joe" who sang the part of his national anthem that he likes the best.
Why so much hatred, very few can sing it this well.
WHY?

Because many many people on the left hate this type of display and the idea people love this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies