U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:41 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,087,682 times

Advertisements

If the British had never ceded land to Jews to make a homeland in Palestine, how would the world be different from today?

Would all of the turmoil with Arab nations exist? Would radical Islamics be doing acts of terrorism?

Just curious, what others here think about this. I'm not being an anti Semite, and I'm not saying that the Jews are the root of all evil, after all it was Brittan who gave them the land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2010, 06:03 PM

3,313 posts, read 3,885,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If the British had never ceded land to Jews to make a homeland in Palestine, how would the world be different from today?

Would all of the turmoil with Arab nations exist? Would radical Islamics be doing acts of terrorism?

Just curious, what others here think about this. I'm not being an anti Semite, and I'm not saying that the Jews are the root of all evil, after all it was Brittan who gave them the land.
Before Israel was formed jews were doing their own type of terrorism also. There will always be some group that is not happy and will do whatever it takes to get what they demand.
However, the religious philosophy of the jews as compared to the arabs in my opinion is different. Islam is a religion that tends to expand and expand Islam across the world and those opposed are called infidels that if they do not get in line with Islam's demands they deserve some type of consequences and killing them is one of them. Christians did the same and the protestants also.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-07-2010 at 04:43 PM.. Reason: The use of a manual signature is prohibited

Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM

5,412 posts, read 3,480,149 times
Quote:

What do pakistanis killing each other on a daily basis have to do with Israel?

What does Israel have to do with Muslim separatists in southern thailand beheading school girls?

What did Israel have to do with the Iraq-Iran war?
What did Israel have to do with the Chad-Libyan war?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:13 PM

31,434 posts, read 19,664,020 times
Was there trouble in the Mideast before the Jews immigrated to Israel?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:14 PM

19,891 posts, read 16,338,069 times
The middle east would probably be a burning cauldron, without a common enemy to focus on. The Iran Iraq disagreement would look like a lovers tiff.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:18 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,087,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
What do pakistanis killing each other on a daily basis have to do with Israel?

What does Israel have to do with Muslim separatists in southern thailand beheading school girls?

What did Israel have to do with the Iraq-Iran war?
What did Israel have to do with the Chad-Libyan war?
Actually Irans uprising can be tied to Israels existence. Without the formation of Israel, perhaps the Shah would have never been overturned, and if he was overturned, perhaps the Ayatollah wouldn't have been their ruler.

Also, without the United States close ties to Israel, we probably wouldn't have backed Saddam Hussein in his bid to take over Iraq, which would have ended that conflict.

Without the spread of radical Islam, brought about in part by the formation of Israel, the Thai version of Islam may have been considerably more liberal in its following, and not as radical as it is today.

Chad and Libya, I don't know.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 14,022,029 times
Quote:

I think one would have to visit that parallel universe where the ceding of land to create Israel never happened to find out.

This is sort of like asking how would the world be different if Adolph Hitler had gained entrance to that art institute in Vienna that he applied to a few times but was turned down each time.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:32 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,116,671 times
Much better off.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:36 PM

3,276 posts, read 5,794,313 times
Well, you wouldn't have an Arab people that are treated as zoo animals by their zoo keeper Israeli brethren. You wouldn't have a Palestinian populace that can't win for losing economically thanks to the sanctions and closings between the WB and Gaza or the fact that you can't import/export goods or services. I think it's clear that 9/11 occuring on U.S. soil has a lot to do with our support of Israel based on the way they've treated their neighbors (and it goes both ways, but let's not ignore Israeli terrorists). Does 9/11 happen on U.S. soil? Maybe it happens elsewhere. Western support of Israel isn't just bad for the middle east - it's really not good for us.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:55 PM

21,378 posts, read 24,152,982 times
Quote:
If the British had never ceded land to Jews to make a homeland in Palestine
The better question would be what would have happened if the Ottoman Empire sided with Europeans instead of Germany in WW1?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies