Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
While this is true to a point, many of times the members also do what the parties stand for.
That would be a good thing, in general I like what liberal parties stand for (even though they might not always live up to it).
Having grown up in a very conservative environment I am cured from conservatism for life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 01:49 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
If only it was a lie.. I wish it was.. but the Liberals have proven it from the formation of the Democrat Party until present day.
That would be a neat trick. Especially back in the day when the Democrats were the conservative party.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
You still havent told me HOW liberals are more tolerant. This is what I am questioning.
There are lots of ways.

For instance, liberals are more likely than conservatives to support legalization of marijuana, a harmless recreational drug, and in any event much less dangerous than either alcohol or tobacco.

Liberals are much more likely than conservatives to supportive reproductive rights: not just abortion, but also contraception and factual and informative sex education in schools. Liberals are also much less likely than conservatives to kill people with different views on abortion than they have.

Liberals are much more likely than conservatives to ask the government to impose religious orthodoxy on the public by calling for government support of religious observances, calling for religious indoctrination in the public schools (school prayer, creationism in the schools, and the like).

Liberals are much more likely than conservatives to accept different kinds of families, including single-parent families and same-sex couples.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Fail badly? Not on your life. I'm still waiting on you and Jack to answer my challenge. I should point out that NEITHER of you have come forth.

Why is that Jack?

Why is that Ambient?

I'll tell you why: Because my point makes too much sense for either one of you to rebut. That's why. So instead of admitting it, you stay silent. Enjoy your popcorn and the meaningless contribution you've made to this thread.

Here's a reminder of the question that's being ignored:
Ok, here's a serious answer: liberal politicians follow their own biased orthodoxy, and conservative politicians follow their own biased orthodoxy. As far as this goes, the two sides are on the whole equivalent. If you seriously think that liberals are so "bad" in their bias and orthodoxy but your side is somehow on the moral high road as far as this goes, then I can't take you seriously.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
If only it was a lie.. I wish it was.. but the Liberals have proven it from the formation of the Democrat Party until present day....

And of course the Libs will deny it, even when faced with the facts.
I keep tellling you conservatives that we're not going back to the days when the Democratic Party (note--there is no such thing as the Democrat Party) supported racism, even though that would presumably bring you back.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
On that note, catholic Portugal has seen its first official gay marriage today

Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That would be a neat trick. Especially back in the day when the Democrats were the conservative party.

Again, you prove that you do not know your history of the parties... The dems always have been racist and always will be.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I keep tellling you conservatives that we're not going back to the days when the Democratic Party (note--there is no such thing as the Democrat Party) supported racism, even though that would presumably bring you back.

They still support racism, you probably support racism, since you are so much wanting to defend the dems for their racism... well, that is fine, you and your white buddies can keep hating on blacks and the rest of the minorities.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:59 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
again, you prove that you do not know your history of the parties... The dems always have been racist and always will be.
southern conservatives.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
southern conservatives.

Northern and Southern Liberals...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies