Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 PM

1,179 posts, read 973,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Obama will be a two term President because Republicans (especially the base, which is Right Wing Radical Christian fundamentalist) are too bigoted and divided to ever vote for.....

1) a Mormon

2) an Indian-American (too dark and maybe a "muslim&quot

3) a Southern Baptist preacher who had a knack for releasing criminals on parole who ended up molesting children and killing police officers

4) a woman who quits her office as governor to get "paid" and gets up on her preachy moral high horse about "family values" yet can't even govern her own or prevent her own unwed teen daughter from getting knocked up

5) a flandering candidate whose sole claim to fame is that he was mayor of NYC during the tragedy of 9/11

So I say 2012 looks really good for President Obama
Good points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 AM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
DC....especially if he runs against the intellectual giant of Palin or Newt Gingrich...

That would be great! I get a huge grin on my face every time I imagine Newt giving BO a sound intellectual thrashing on live TV. Boy King won't be able to "ahh" and double talk his way out of that, LSM school girl crush or not. It reminds me of years ago when Newt stomped Clinton's guts out. Good times.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 AM

24,370 posts, read 22,982,365 times
DC will be cool to him so he'd probably go back to Chicago or Boston. The university set would still support him.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM

351 posts, read 532,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTFrag View Post
I find it amazing that someone can label a bunch of backward, unworkable, dust-bin ideas "progressive". Well I will tell you there is no "progress" in the progressive agenda. It is a complete misnomer.
Very progressive for american standards. Unless you are of the camp where old retired marines singing in front of disgruntled, and probably drunk, crowds progressive.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:23 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,645,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Hopefully to a more progressive nation than this place.

They would do well in a western European nation. I could imagine them London or Paris.
Yes, those progressive nations where they tax the H*LL out of you, give you nothing, are suffering worse economic fates than the US right now and that take everyone's picture (and not as a souvenir) when you get off the plane? yeah, that is progress for you.

Wherever he is living it sure won't be in the White House. Hawaii again maybe.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:32 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,968,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Any guess's where the Obamas' will live after they get kicked to the curb in 2012?....assumming Americans don't evict them from the White house sooner?
Obama will be living in The White House until Jan 2017.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:54 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,899,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That would be great! I get a huge grin on my face every time I imagine Newt giving BO a sound intellectual thrashing on live TV. Boy King won't be able to "ahh" and double talk his way out of that, LSM school girl crush or not. It reminds me of years ago when Newt stomped Clinton's guts out. Good times.
Um... your post makes no sense in the context of the quote. Are you qualified to judge what constitutes an 'intellectual thrashing'? Clearly you are not alone. At least half this thread consists of people who can't (or won't) recognize intellectual ability (to say nothing of competence) even when it is sitting right in their own White House.

H

Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,073,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Um... your post makes no sense in the context of the quote. Are you qualified to judge what constitutes an 'intellectual thrashing'? Clearly you are not alone. At least half this thread consists of people who can't (or won't) recognize intellectual ability (to say nothing of competence) even when it is sitting right in their own White House.

H
maybe if we had an intellectual in the white house we could recognize it.

Lets be honest, Obama didnt get elected for his intellect....

Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Yes, those progressive nations where they tax the H*LL out of you, give you nothing, are suffering worse economic fates than the US right now and that take everyone's picture (and not as a souvenir) when you get off the plane? yeah, that is progress for you.

Wherever he is living it sure won't be in the White House. Hawaii again maybe.
Nonsense. What countries would those be? You think just because Greece (not that progressive) is in trouble that Denmark, Sweeden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium... ... are in trouble as well? Europe has Greece, and Spain ... maybe Portugal. The U.S. has Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, California (all of it) and the entire South East to prop up. Overall I think Europe is holding its own. And, it must be said, all those pictures and body scans are required only when those people are flying to America! It is the U.S. that insists on those heightened security measures. For travel to sane parts of the world there is vastly less inconvenience to European travelers. I'm sure you come by your incorrect opinions honestly so I'm giving you a pass, but get out a little, educated and aware Americans are this country's best hope.

H

Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Default b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
maybe if we had an intellectual in the white house we could recognize it.

Lets be honest, Obama didnt get elected for his intellect....
I'm almost afraid to ask what it is you think he was elected for. The White House has had some serious candlepower sitting in the hot seat of late but because it didn't come in the usual geeked down package the acumen was overlooked. Jimmy Carter hid rocket scientist credentials behind an aww shucks peanut farmer exterior and was run out of the WH on a rail. Clinton, a Rhoades Scholar, could hardly be considered a rube, but at least one poster here thinks Gingrich has a dual core CPU to bring to the dogfight. I've seen in print, often, the standard delivery of Obama's IQ being 135. More recently I have read, that to people who do this sort of thing for a living, Obama's actual IQ, based on performance is closer to 172. I believe it. My own IQ is 175+ and the saying "it takes one to know one" is very, very true". No, his diction does not have the finest polish. Which President in recent memory has had real Elder Statesman quality? America, it must be said, does not rate intellect that highly. If he wanted it, Clint Eastwood would land the GOP nomination handily. So would, you guessed it, Ahnold. No other country in the world (excepting Italy) would put anyone other than a career politician in charge of the entire country and its military. Could it be that deep down we understand that the position of President is, in many ways, symbolic? Could it be that there is subliminal awareness of the fact that a Cabinet bolsters the performance of the Commander in Chief? Perhaps there is comfort in the knowledge that a Congress, a pretty large Congress, exist to be a check and balance against what might otherwise turn into dictatorship? Present levels of hysteria notwithstanding, I submit that, all in all, the country has never been in better hands. The U.S. could do a lot worse than re-elect Obama.

H

Last edited by Leisesturm; 06-08-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies