Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
I see you are from OR, so this kind of crap is what I expect from you. It's funny because we conservatives are not rich, nor are we all white, or straight. A liberal is someone who has not been victimized. And a news flash for you, no crime against a person is a crime of love, they are all hate crimes.
A few nights ago a woman was stabbed and her rings and earrings were stolen off of her while she lay there. She was white and the people that stabbed her were 2 Mexicans. Would you consider that a hate crime? I bet not because she was white. If it were 2 whites that did that to a Mexican woman, you would be in an uproar.
You are so typical of the left way of thinking. That is it's you way or the wrong way. You are is what is wrong with this country.
As far as 2000 year old Christianity, things are the same now as then. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Murder is still murder, rape is still rape, theft is still theft. Treating people badly is still wrong. Times may have changed but poeple are still people, they still do all the bad things that they used to, it's just now it's considered "ok" to do more of them. We don't punish enough, and look at where society has gone. People now feel that they are somehow entitled to run a muck because they can. Because they can get off easy. Yep, you are a true libby.
Lemme see if I have this straight...because the poster is from Oregon, and she said what she said, automatically it's a) 'crap' and b) she automatically gets labeled a liberal? And c) she is what is 'wrong with this country'?

Pop quiz---who the Sam Hill died and left you in charge of anything? I get so bloody sick and dang tired of anybody that's not kissing a conservative's a**, or acting or voting or even living like a conservative SAYS they should live, then they're a liberal...bullcookies

You just poked the bear with a stick...and by the way, I type these words in response to you (running amuck, I am) because I CAN, not because I raised my hand and you gave me permission (as if)

I, like the poster, am a citizen of the United States Of America---NOT the United States Of 'You're A Liberal Because I Don't Like What You Say Or Where You Live'...I and my dad before me served this country in the military, so I have a real problem with folk wrapping themselves in the flag and calling people 'un-patriotic' simply because they either support the current administration or have the balls to open their mouths and have a counter-conservative opinion...

I'm sorry that the USA right now doesn't represent some Norman Rockwell painting, where one group of people (conservatives) makes the rules, and everybody else better shut up and sit down...the USA is indeed (to these eyes) a melting pot, where ALL races, genders, religions, and political/intellectual points of view should be discussed and respected...NOT 'you're a liberal because you think funny and 'cause I said so'

You were spot-on in one of your statements, though, and I agree that not all conservatives are rich, white, or straight...I live in a neighborhood that's chock full of GOP-folk, and we still talk to each other, socialize with each other and (gasp!) discuss politics with each other...they are very much aware that my wife and I voted for Mr Obama, and continue to support him...we have NEVER been shunned, or talked down to, or any of that other 'ewwww---you're an Obamabot...GO AWAY!' horseapples that seem to permeate this forum on a daily basis...we sit and talk, like adults, about our political differences and current affairs, and at the end of the day, whether we agree with each other or not, we are still neighbors and friends and still respect each other...been that way for over 3 years now...

So, to bring this to a close, she represents the 'left way of thinking' WHY? And where did she come across with a 'her way or the wrong way' vibe? Please tell me, because I really would have hated to have missed that...no, I think it's because her thoughts in her post didn't sync with what YOU think is right, so her writing is 'crap', and she's a typical 'libby' (which by the way, is the brand name for a line of food products)...sorry for your luck if you think that she, myself, or anyone else that has an opinion counter to yours are going to sit on our hands and NOT post here, because we're automatically 'liberals and crap artists' by your say-so...this country is founded on the principles of freedom of speech---to wit, you can call people liberals til pigs fly, if that floats your boat, but get ready to deal with it when people tell you to (as they say in the UK) 'sod off', because your conservative opinion isn't the RIGHT one or the ONLY one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 03:18 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Lemme see if I have this straight...because the poster is from Oregon, and she said what she said, automatically it's a) 'crap' and b) she automatically gets labeled a liberal? And c) she is what is 'wrong with this country'?

Pop quiz---who the Sam Hill died and left you in charge of anything? I get so bloody sick and dang tired of anybody that's not kissing a conservative's a**, or acting or voting or even living like a conservative SAYS they should live, then they're a liberal...bullcookies

You just poked the bear with a stick...and by the way, I type these words in response to you (running amuck, I am) because I CAN, not because I raised my hand and you gave me permission (as if)

I, like the poster, am a citizen of the United States Of America---NOT the United States Of 'You're A Liberal Because I Don't Like What You Say Or Where You Live'...I and my dad before me served this country in the military, so I have a real problem with folk wrapping themselves in the flag and calling people 'un-patriotic' simply because they either support the current administration or have the balls to open their mouths and have a counter-conservative opinion...

I'm sorry that the USA right now doesn't represent some Norman Rockwell painting, where one group of people (conservatives) makes the rules, and everybody else better shut up and sit down...the USA is indeed (to these eyes) a melting pot, where ALL races, genders, religions, and political/intellectual points of view should be discussed and respected...NOT 'you're a liberal because you think funny and 'cause I said so'

You were spot-on in one of your statements, though, and I agree that not all conservatives are rich, white, or straight...I live in a neighborhood that's chock full of GOP-folk, and we still talk to each other, socialize with each other and (gasp!) discuss politics with each other...they are very much aware that my wife and I voted for Mr Obama, and continue to support him...we have NEVER been shunned, or talked down to, or any of that other 'ewwww---you're an Obamabot...GO AWAY!' horseapples that seem to permeate this forum on a daily basis...we sit and talk, like adults, about our political differences and current affairs, and at the end of the day, whether we agree with each other or not, we are still neighbors and friends and still respect each other...been that way for over 3 years now...

So, to bring this to a close, she represents the 'left way of thinking' WHY? And where did she come across with a 'her way or the wrong way' vibe? Please tell me, because I really would have hated to have missed that...no, I think it's because her thoughts in her post didn't sync with what YOU think is right, so her writing is 'crap', and she's a typical 'libby' (which by the way, is the brand name for a line of food products)...sorry for your luck if you think that she, myself, or anyone else that has an opinion counter to yours are going to sit on our hands and NOT post here, because we're automatically 'liberals and crap artists' by your say-so...this country is founded on the principles of freedom of speech---to wit, you can call people liberals til pigs fly, if that floats your boat, but get ready to deal with it when people tell you to (as they say in the UK) 'sod off', because your conservative opinion isn't the RIGHT one or the ONLY one
So, what's your opinion of the Obama Administration's response to the oil spill?

Old 06-10-2010, 03:32 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb LOL...Score One For You, Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, what's your opinion of the Obama Administration's response to the oil spill?
Got into one of my world-famous 'lengthy rants' and went totally off-topic...

I myself think that they could have responded a bit faster, and with more...there are those here who have mentioned having the oil sucked up into 'super-tankers' ( I believe that was the phrase used)...also, Gov. Jindal's idea about the sand berms sounded good to these ears as well...

I hope that the administration keeps (to quote Rand Paul) its' 'boot on BP's neck', because, at the end of the day, it was THEIR well that exploded, and 11 of THEIR workers needlessly lost their lives, and it's THEIR oil which is currently responsible for (by all accounts) the worst natural disaster in our country's history...

Further, I hope that BP is held totally accountable for any and all compensation to the families of both the late workers, and those along the Gulf Coast whose lives and livelihoods have been immeasurably altered by the spill...

I know you may not, in the end, agree with me, but you asked a straight question, and I tried to respond with a straight answer...

Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,215,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
It was on CNN this morning. Couldn’t find the segment on the website. but the Engineer pointed out three things that will raise the danger of additional spills…

1. Stopping drilling/pumping raises risks of blowout at the point where you cap. This is what was happening with Deep Horizon when it blew.
2. Stopping drilling now will lead to the oil rigs that are in the gulf being moved to other locations around the world where they can be productive. Later when the moratorium is lifted, other wells will be brought in but many will not be the newer advanced ones, they will be older ones that have greater risk.
3. Stopping the pumping of oil from the gulf will lead to the need for additional oil imports. Tankers entering American Ports in greater number will raise risk of tanker wrecks/spills.
I heard that interview. It was very interesting.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. Absolutely, if you can can write this down to Obama being a nincompoop you are refusing to see the bigger picture. What about that is ironic? Typically American response to an issue, dismissive ad hominem attacks when hyperbole isn't appropriate. Try comprehension.

H
you must be the most ironic poster on CD! That takes tallent! LOL!

You start with "I dont know what you are talking about" and end with "Try comprehension"

That is funny.

in between there was a bunch of blah blah blah blah and other liberal mumbojumbo

but thanks for playing.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times
The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Rolling Stone Politics

Read this article and then tell me you think the administration has done everything it could. I was defending Obama untill I read this. Starting to think he was nothing but talk.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
The Spill, The Scandal and the President | Rolling Stone Politics

Read this article and then tell me you think the administration has done everything it could. I was defending Obama untill I read this. Starting to think he was nothing but talk.
I commend you for opening your eyes. I've tried to impress upon the posters to the "oil spill" threads that this is a "must read." Those who are open to questioning government will read it. Those who prefer to turn a blind-eye and give the Obama Administration a free pass are seeing their credibility on this forum go straight down the drain.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Morning Bell: How the White House is Making Oil Recovery Harder | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Every day it is becoming more and more apparent that Obama is deliberately dragging his heels, refusing suggestions and offers of help. Why? The only reason I can see is to allow as much damage to be done as he can get away with in order to demonize Big Oil, advance his green agenda and garner support for Cap and Trade.
Finally someone says what I have been thinking all along. Obama is not stupid as his behavior on this tragedy shows. Just today I heard that the "experts" he said they called in for advice, gave that advice, and Obama and Salazar did just what Emanuel would have wanted in using this crisis to stop drilling in the offshore areas. The "experts" are saying that they told him not to stop drilling the 33 other wells he suspended drilling on since you just don't drill those holes and then stop in the middle of the task because to do so would allow weakened spots from the drilling and could cause further spills.

Anybody can see that they lied about the expert advice they got, to serve a purpose. That purpose is obviously to make this one as bad as possible and to grease the skids to Cap and Trade. WE HAVE BEEN HAD ON THIS ONE AND THE WHITE HOUSE people have to be laughing their butts off as he gets ready to kick someone else.

These people are so using this tragedy for political gain and we are sitting back and accusing them of everything in the world except what they are doing.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:41 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I commend you for opening your eyes. I've tried to impress upon the posters to the "oil spill" threads that this is a "must read." Those who are open to questioning government will read it. Those who prefer to turn a blind-eye and give the Obama Administration a free pass are seeing their credibility on this forum go straight down the drain.
The worst part of all this, to me, is that today word is coming from those "experts" that Obama bragged about asking for advice that they told them something very much unlike what Obama and Salazar came up with when they went after the 33 deep water rigs and told them to stop drilling. Those "experts" have said that they told them not to stop drilling on those holes because to stop in the middle of the job may allow the weakened holes to "blow" one day in the future. In other words, you have started a job and to stop that job in midplace is not very smart.

Now why did Obama and Salazar go after expert opinion and then avoid it completely? I say it is because Obama and his people are not stupid but have found a way to advance their program through this disaster and they are very willing to have it be as serious as possible to use it to get their programs, like Cap and Trade, stuck up us while those who support them are willing to have just that happen. I don't know who all is behind this man but they are taking us down a path to something that most of the wildest progs here will be against once they see that we have been had. When is too late?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
WTHeck....along with keys to The White House, upon his inauguration Obama received these....

....giving him practically UNLIMITED power and authority to cut through red tape in the case of an emergency.

He's got no excuse, "Oh, there's too much red tape. Oh, we don't have permission to do that. Oh, that's against EPA regs. Oh, that action would require a 6 year environmental impact study. Whatever can we do?"

WTHeck....he's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. If he can't get the job done then just who can?
Are you seriously suggesting that the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES is powerless to confront this disaster except through regular channels? That there is NOTHING more to do here?
Exactly!

0bama has the presidency, which means he can use this national emergency to authorize a lot of ideas and temporarily suspend some regulations, its right their in the laws already. Bush suspended the Jones Act to allow foreign vessels to move supplies in and out during Katrina, 0bama has the power to authorize all available resources, and he sits on his hands.

The Netherlands and Saudi Arabia offer the use of their specialized ships, to clean the spill before it hit shore - 0bama's response, 'Thanks, but no thanks"

Jindal requests permission to build berms - 0bama's response - "I'll have to let my agency chew on this for two weeks."

State governors begging for booms, skimmers and assistance - 0bama's response "Slaizar has his boot on BPs neck, and Holder is sending in DoJ lawyers to LA."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies