Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM

504 posts, read 456,819 times

Advertisements

Blanche Lincoln WTF Arkansas Dems!!!!!!

Slick Willy and the same DLC establishment dems come to town and boom you guys pick that turncoat DINO Lincoln. With her voting record and stand against any real healthcare reform her winning a Democratic primary is the equivalent of Bush getting elected a second time.

That was utterly pathetic.................. folks pathetic.
She is gonna lose the general. Smart democratic voters will know they are choosing between two republicans so why even show up. Kiss that seat goodbye.

Yall sure do have purty mouths!

Its time for 3rd parties and run off voting for real. This 2 party crap is too entrenched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM

504 posts, read 456,819 times
Please someone from Arkansas please speak up!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2010, 11:57 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
...With her voting record and stand against any real healthcare reform her winning a Democratic primary is the equivalent of Bush getting elected a second time.....
It sounds like we're in agreement that Bush is more in line with a lib-moderate Democrat that a (fiscally) conservative R.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:03 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
I voted for Blanche Lincoln.

And I'm a liberal. I voted for her because I think she has a better chance of beating Boozman in November than Halter did. I voted for her because I wasn't convinced that Halter was liberal or progressive in any way. I voted for her because I find it difficult to trust a candidate that was financed by people outside the state. Who would Halter be loyal to, the people of Arkansas, or the non-Arkansas interests and lobbyists that poured over $10 million into his campaign? I voted for Lincoln because she is a Democrat, and she's finally got a committee chairmanship that can benefit Arkansas. Lincoln voted for healthcare reform. She doesn't always vote the way the DNC wants her to. And I applaud her for that. What the national Democratic party wants isn't always in the best interests of Arkansans. I don't want a Senator that always votes along party lines. I want a Senator that thinks about their vote, thinks about how it will affect the people back home, thinks about how it will affect the people in the nation.

I don't always agree with Blanche Lincoln. But I don't even know if I agree with Mr Halter, because he never actually came out with how he felt about many progressive issues. I can't vote for someone that won't tell me where he stands on issues.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:39 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It sounds like we're in agreement that Bush is more in line with a lib-moderate Democrat that a (fiscally) conservative R.
Tell that to the 11 workers who died in the gulf as a direct result of W's non-regulatory offshore drilling policies.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,282 times
She's a dead man walking now. Just to squeak by in the primaries she spent all of her cash and now has no chance in the actual election in Nov. Yes, this will mean the Dems will lose a seat but it also puts the other DINOs on record that if they betray the party's signature issues then they will draw primary challenges and end up going down. I honestly expect more DINOs will now think twice before stabbing the party in the back.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
She's a dead man walking now. Just to squeak by in the primaries she spent all of her cash and now has no chance in the actual election in Nov. Yes, this will mean the Dems will lose a seat but it also puts the other DINOs on record that if they betray the party's signature issues then they will draw primary challenges and end up going down. I honestly expect more DINOs will now think twice before stabbing the party in the back.
I think the rumors of her death are much exaggerated.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
She's a dead man walking now.
Isn't that the same thing they were saying before the primary?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM

206 posts, read 193,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Tell that to the 11 workers who died in the gulf as a direct result of W's non-regulatory offshore drilling policies.
Ignoring the fact that the Obama adminstration gave BP a safety award for that particular rig are we? Typical.......

Old 06-09-2010, 01:24 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfles View Post
Ignoring the fact that the Obama adminstration gave BP a safety award for that particular rig are we? Typical.......

Actually the last time BP won a safety award was 2006. And the president has no say on who and what RoSPA gives out.

Like I said, you can thank deregulation and lack of big gubment for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies