Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Porsche Boxster Chick Car?
Yes/Tak 50 33.78%
No/Nie 98 66.22%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 03:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,131,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
What I meant is sports cars aren't generally a hit with female buyers in the first place, and that is what Porsche is known for. SUV's like the Cayenne and Macan are a different story. Those will appeal to a broader audience. (Although to me Porsche selling SUV's in the first place is kind of ...)
I still don't get why people get so uptight about a company that made these and these making SUVs. Those SUVs is what rescued Porsche from the near-perpetual threat of bankruptcy and put them on the financial footing that let them continue making the cars that the "purists" deem "real" Porsches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 09:44 PM

905 posts, read 790,241 times
I voted no to being a chick car, because around here it actually seems to be most popular with gay men. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:37 AM

770 posts, read 931,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svicious22 View Post
I voted no to being a chick car, because around here it actually seems to be most popular with gay men. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Ah, so you're just trying to bash Porsche and Porsche owners today. Got it.

Must have gotten embarrassed by one on the road yesterday huh?

Old 07-22-2016, 06:13 AM

281 posts, read 327,202 times
Manual transmission -> Roadster
Auto transmission -> Chick car

This applies to the MX-5/124 Spider as well.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:22 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post
I share similar thoughts. But I do I think that line is becoming more transparent with the increasing popularity of their PDK transmission. I'm currently rocking a 6-speed Cayman S, but if I had to do it all over again, the decision would haunt my dreams. Those lightning fast paddle shifts are intoxicating!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM

3,759 posts, read 5,852,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmbpmp View Post

This applies to the MX-5/124 Spider as well.
I would like a manual Miata and I don't care what people think about my sexual preference. LOL

Old 08-27-2016, 07:25 PM

447 posts, read 651,425 times
a little bit sure when compared to a 911 cayman or some such the thing is i see beautiful sporty ladies driving all models of porsche and think a hot blonde trophy wife totally deserves a boxster hehe

Old 11-28-2016, 12:54 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,328,356 times
I know three Doctors that own Porsche Boxster's. Two silver one white. All of them are stick. One of the Doctor's wife drives a Suburban. So that is three guys driving what someone here might consider a woman's car? I have known two other people that had owned Boxter's and they were both guys. I have known women that own 968's and they loved those cars. A woman here had driven a 911 Targa for years. I don't see it as a girls car at all. I see it as a car for people that want to own a Porsche but don't want to spend $105,000 to do it.

Someone mentioned that Porsche is building SUV's and they have never built an SUV ever. They have built a Crossover.

They did not build a crossover to keep from going broke as that poster mentioned. Porsche has been one of the most profitable car companies on the planet. So profitable infact that they made a play for VW and might have been able to pull it off accept that the CEO for VW swallowed Porsche whole. If Porsche had pulled it off it would have been akin to a minnow eating a whale. Profitable though? The company has been profitable for a very long long time and building a crossover helped the bottom line even more.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:09 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,153 times
I didn't read your thread, but I bet if you had asked this question in ALL of automotive, you would get a much different answer in the poll. Its hard to tell how many in here are bias.

Old 11-28-2016, 01:27 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,757,770 times
My understanding is the early versions were pretty lame and therfore something a "chick" would buy (e.g. all looks/name and no performance - on the assumption men are more likely to know and be concerned about performance).

However I was told later versions got better. By that time, I think it already had a reputation though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche