Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:02 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,589,636 times

Advertisements

I live in New Orleans and we have some neighborhoods that look bad and are bad, we have other neighborhoods that look inexpensive and neat but are bad and we have neighborhoods that look good and are good but are very close to the bad neighborhoods and of course we have the prime and very good neighborhoods that few can afford.
I am planning to move to PSL in the fall and would like to know what neighborhoods to avoid. I see many affordable houses on the internet under 100k but one can't tell if the neighborhoods are dangerous or safe. WE are looking for a retirement home and want to avoid making a big financial mistake. We are going over in mid-August and would appreciate an idea of what areas are definitely off limits, maybe off limits, ok neighborhoods and prime neighborhoods. I have always heard the three rules of real estate buying: location, location, location.

Sidney in New Orleans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 04:30 PM

120 posts, read 287,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsidw View Post
I live in New Orleans and we have some neighborhoods that look bad and are bad, we have other neighborhoods that look inexpensive and neat but are bad and we have neighborhoods that look good and are good but are very close to the bad neighborhoods and of course we have the prime and very good neighborhoods that few can afford.
I am planning to move to PSL in the fall and would like to know what neighborhoods to avoid. I see many affordable houses on the internet under 100k but one can't tell if the neighborhoods are dangerous or safe. WE are looking for a retirement home and want to avoid making a big financial mistake. We are going over in mid-August and would appreciate an idea of what areas are definitely off limits, maybe off limits, ok neighborhoods and prime neighborhoods. I have always heard the three rules of real estate buying: location, location, location.

Sidney in New Orleans
my girlfriend lives in PSL, and she loves everytging on the west side. everything is pretty new in that area

Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM

1 posts, read 9,532 times
Default Thinking of moving to PSL

I am retiring from the military, and am looking at moving to PSL, Florida. I have read many posts. Some say the place is great, some say its horrible. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if the house I am looking at is in a bad place. This would help me narrow my search before I fly in to look at houses.

The house is on SE East Blackwell Drive.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM

162 posts, read 308,925 times
Default Tradition

I agree with PhillyBound (maybe cause I am from Pittsburgh? ).

We bought our retirement home in the Town Park neighborhood of Tradition. Any neighborhood there is very nice as well as the neighborhoods in West Port St. Lucie.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the older sections of the city can respond to those areas.

Happy Hunting!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,852,625 times
The only real bad neighborhood I know of in PSL is Ft Pierce LOL

Old 04-03-2012, 04:19 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,288,731 times
I moved here 6 months ago and live in the same general area... Nice as far as I'm concerned ...if you want I can drive around that street (or give me the address ) or that house and look closer for you ??
There is a nice bike/walking path that runs down Green River Parkway from Walton Rd all the way to Jensen beach blvd ......
Check the sex offender registrars with the address also

Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,589,636 times
Default Bad Neighborhoods in PSL

I live in New Orleans and here the undesirable neighborhoods are not as clear cut, we do have areas that are low income and unfortunately high crime due to drugs. I am not wanting a gated community but would like to know areas to stay away from when looking on the internet. Is West Port St. Lucie, west of ??, I 95?. With all the vacant houses i am concerned about breakins. I don't want to be the only occupied house in the area. We have that here after Katrina and it is not nice, weeds, crime, drug activity.

Sid

Old 04-03-2012, 05:14 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,288,731 times
Others will certainly define it better but I believe it's west of the turnpike

Old 04-03-2012, 06:46 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,916,524 times
I've always defined west psl as the area west of the turnpike (north of Becker Road up towards Gatlin). Once I cross over to California Blvd, then I'm moving into St. Lucie West- which is another nice location also in western area. I've lived in port st lucie for a while before moving to Palm Beach County. It's changed alot over the years. I can't think of any particular "bad" neighborhoods (comparable to what you've seen in New Orleans) but some areas are better than others.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,133,729 times
Blackwell is east of US#1. Some good .. some bad. Please check the crime statistics and registered sex offenders on the police website before you fly down.

CrimeReports.com

just move the map with your mouse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach