U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 5,340 times

Advertisements

I have seen various questions about Newport Isle, but it seems most of the responses are from a few years ago. My husband and I are going to be relocating to Port St Lucie in a few months for his job. We've looked at houses in Tradition, Newport Isle and surrounding neighborhoods and I fell in love with one in Newport Isle!! We asked our realtor about the area and her response was "it has come a long way". She reassured me she wouldn't show me houses that she wouldn't live in, but that comment scared me a little bit. How is Newport Isle now? Is it a safe community? Do you have any other suggestions if you don't think it's safe? Thanks for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 03:36 PM

52 posts, read 82,700 times
We looked in Newport Isle a few weeks ago. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Houses look good from the front, large homes. Looking at the back yard area seemed to have a lot of teens running around with dogs with no leashes. I see nothing but future trouble there. I'm just saying! This is a gated community with gang activity, so we heard!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:49 PM

We didn't see any teens with loose dogs walking around, in fact we didn't see anyone. Just out of curiosity, what kind of "gang activity" have you heard of? Do you have any other suggestions of places to live? We live about an hour and a half away from PSL and don't know much about the area... we'd love to hear any suggestions!!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:30 PM

52 posts, read 82,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfarlow07 View Post
We didn't see any teens with loose dogs walking around, in fact we didn't see anyone. Just out of curiosity, what kind of "gang activity" have you heard of? Do you have any other suggestions of places to live? We live about an hour and a half away from PSL and don't know much about the area... we'd love to hear any suggestions!!

Check River Place, we just bought there.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:14 PM

2,546 posts, read 3,297,212 times
River Place is over near St James- just as a note.

As for Newport, there are a number of threads on here that you can read.

It's best to inspect a community at the time people are home - usually on the weekend or 5-7 pm in the evenings on weekdays, or when the school bus's come home.

Also, every community has different things they include or don't include. For instance Newport Isles does not include lawn maintenace on their homes. It's up to the individual owner/tenant to take care of their own lawn.. or not.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
River Place is over near St James- just as a note.

As for Newport, there are a number of threads on here that you can read.

It's best to inspect a community at the time people are home - usually on the weekend or 5-7 pm in the evenings on weekdays, or when the school bus's come home.

Also, every community has different things they include or don't include. For instance Newport Isles does not include lawn maintenace on their homes. It's up to the individual owner/tenant to take care of their own lawn.. or not.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. I have read through most of the comments, but everything I've found is from a couple years ago and I wanted to know how the community is now. My realtor said they did a massive overhaul of the management about six months and they have really turned things around, but I would like to get more information about the community or any surrounding communities before we buy!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM

2,546 posts, read 3,297,212 times
all I can ask is what was your impression of the community when you were here? Did you check out the pool when people were in it, pay attention to the cars in the neighborhood, the lawns, how well it was kept, ???

Old 08-28-2011, 08:37 AM

I did noticed that some of the yards were not maintained very well and there were some older, rundown cars in a few driveways, but I've noticed that in a lot of neighborhoods in Port St Lucie. We were there around 1 in the afternoon, so we didn't see anyone at the pools or in any of the rec areas. I guess I am just looking for a little guidance. I live about an hour and a half away and my husband works a lot, so we aren't able to make it down there very often. I know almost nothing about PSL, so I need someone to point me in the right direction. Once everything is settled with my husband's new job we will have to make a decision on where to buy very quickly and I don't want to end up in a house/ neighborhood we'll regret buying.

Old 08-28-2011, 05:01 PM

133 posts, read 105,188 times
They do have new good Property Management that should go a long way in dealing the issues already discussed. As to other HOA developments in PSL, you could look at St. Lucie West which is an older master planned community developed by the same company that did Tradition. It is about three miles north of Tradition and has about 10 different HOA communities. Other HOA communities you may want to consider is St. James, a golf community on the northern end of city near Midway Roadand and Sawgrass Lakes on the southern end near Becker Road.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
Default What's the latest on Newport Isles?

"Gang" activity, real estate agents dropping suggestive comments....what is the real/latest scoop on Newport Isles? Is it a good investment or a place to run from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach