U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 01:55 PM

128 posts, read 104,410 times

Advertisements

States with the most homes in foreclosure - Yahoo! Real Estate

1. Florida
2011 foreclosure rate:
11.9%
December, 2011 unemployment: 9.9% (6th highest)
Home price change (2006Q3-2011Q3): -49% (3rd largest decline)
Processing period: 135 days
A forlorn home in Spring Hill, FL.
Photo: Flickr | Richard Elzey (http://www.flickr.com/photos/elzey/ - broken link) Florida’s 2011 foreclosure rate for mortgaged homes is not only the highest in the country, but it is almost twice that of New Jersey — the state with the second-highest rate. As with many other states on this list, Florida has a very long foreclosure processing period of 135 days. There is more to the state’s high foreclosure rate than just that, however. Home prices dropped 49% since the third quarter of 2006, which is the third-largest drop in the country. The state’s unemployment rate of 9.9% is among the highest as well. Finally, the state’s mortgage payment delinquency rate is 17.4% — the nation’s absolute highest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 AM

55 posts, read 49,946 times
Florida was one of the top markets during the "Great Mortgage Fiasco", so it only makes sense that it'll be one of the top during the "Great Real Estate Correction" that follows. Especially when you consider that Florida's economy for the last 20 plus years was based on growth and new construction. Things suck now, but give it time.....it'll all wash out in the end.

howlinowl

Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM

2,554 posts, read 3,305,164 times
Makes homes more affordable now!

Old 02-20-2012, 03:02 PM

140 posts, read 159,151 times
Default buy

it's time to buy and live in .... not to flip

Old 02-22-2012, 11:41 AM

25% of all forecloses I was in Florida for 40 years until what it became was lawyers ROBO signing a quarter of the nations home related issues.

This is not just a real estate problem its what real estate people don't get you clearly don't understand the ripple effect of whats being done here.

Overseas we are all seen now as morons and as thief's as they have been sold down the road more then any place here in Florida.

The lawyers crushed with the bankers the state of Florida.

People there seem to stick there head in the sand , while I try and help 90 year old couples not to lose their homes , the look on a face a father with a wife and 3 kids with no where to turn and no where to live is for me alot to handle.

Makes homes more affordable now! ( you should be ashamed making money off others misfortunes and then you tell people what a great place it is while homes are being ripped away from familes and old people ? for your profit very nice .)

Then of course since I made a true statement I get banned for trolling whatever that means as I really need to make money from this board , I lived there 40 years and did 10 years in the service I have earned the right to express my self , I dont recall you on the helicopter with me ?

Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM

Florida Leads Nation in Foreclosure Rate - DailyFinance

there are my facts to back it up for those here who say I come here to flame its the simple truth not flaming .

Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM

14,728 posts, read 16,447,260 times
I guess New Horizons hospital must now be offering Wi-Fi in patient's rooms.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM

Exclamation You really hate facts wow

Your in need of help now your going to tell me about Obama's bill he passed when Bush Jr had it wriiten up for him to sign ?

I asume your going to tell me about your degrees , yea all my google and facbook stock does is make me money good luck skippy.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:07 PM

14,728 posts, read 16,447,260 times
Wow. I suppose the diagnosis definition under the DSM IV would be somewhere between Florida induced PTSD and anxiety/paranoia disorder not otherwise specified.

What time do they serve dinner?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:20 PM

55 posts, read 49,946 times
There's some truth to what you're saying, Seogorilla. Banks, lawyers, dirivitives. A lot of this mess can be laid right at the feet of our government for creating a climate where the market could be manipulated. Seen a show a long time ago about one guy, he was writing up mortgages, and then turning around and selling them to the banks for the dirivitives. They tried to make him out to be the bad guy, but since he was turning them around so fast, what incentive did he have to do credit checks?? Write 'em up, sell 'em and take the cream and at the time there was nothing illegal about it (that I know of).

I remember back before everything crashed, I stood outside my 3 bedroom 2 bath, 2 car modest home that I purchased in 2000 for $74900 and looked at another simular but newer home that sold for a quarter of a million dollars. I told my wife that it was crazy, that there were no jobs in Port Saint Lucie that could support those kind of prices. Hell, I'm far from an expert....but even I could see that something had to give. I put everything on lockdown, paid off the credit cards, luckly our vehicles were all paid off and held on. Lost my job in A/C and refrigeration just before everything imploded. All the companies that used to stop by my house and offer me jobs to jump ship and go work fro them (company van in my driveway, so they'd stop and ask) weren't hiring anymore. Finally found another job outside of that field for about 2/3 of my previous pay. Some say I was lucky....but I never refinanced or took a equity loan during the good times, so I was able to keep my house.

I hate to say some folks deserved to lose their homes, but there were a lot of folks living large on credit cards and equity loans, and when the proverbial you-know-what hit the fan.......

And just because the bank will give you the money doesn't mean that you should take it. Knew a guy who bought a $350000 house at the peak of the bubble....his job was delivering US Today newspapers to hotel rooms. How the hell he thought he'd be able to swing the payments on that I have no idea.

And I can't really see how a real estate agent could be at fault, you qualify for the loan and got bucks in hand....they're job is to show and sell you houses you can afford. Unless they're working underhanded with the appraiser to bump up the appraised value to pad their percentage... but I'm not in that field, so I may be wrong about that.

howlinowl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach