Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM

1,307 posts, read 5,489,897 times

Advertisements

And, I've lived here for 34 years, long before you came in and chased away my wild animals. You should have been here when Port St. Lucie Blvd was a 2 lane road with no traffic lights, and you had to drive to PGA Blvd or Vero Beach to get on I-95; it didn't exist in St. Lucie or Martin counties.

Look. All the signs were here before you moved here. Did you notice the huindreds of miles of paved roads, all with electric and phone service? Did it occur to you to wonder why they were there? Did it occur to you that the planning had been done for a city of well over 250,000 people -- and we're not much past halfway, now?

Taxes have not gone up "thousands" in a two year period. That would be pretty hard to do, since the taxes on a typical 3/2 do not add up to "thousands" total, let alone have gone up that much.

And crime? Not only has it NOT gone up "bigtime", but Port St. Lucie is rated in the top 25 of all coities inthe entire nation for safety!

Yes, houses have gone up in price. That's certainlky not unique to Port St. Lucie. In fact, even though they have gone up, they're still lower priced that all the counties to the south, and several to the north! That's not "sad", that's great! Port St. Lucie is just about the only place left on the lower East coast where you can still get a bang for your buck.

The city has planned exceptionally well for the growth. You certainly don;t see the kind of uncontrolled growth that happened further south. All those wide roads you see today? They were originally laid out with enough room to expand. Now, if you think the roads should have been built from the beginning to handle the future population, who do you expect to have paid for that? Doesn't it make much better sense to widen the roads and build new ones when there is not only a demand, but enough people to pay for them?

Look. I'm sorry you had a bad experience in Port St. Lucie. I'm sorry you didn't take the time to learn the area and understand what was going to happen before you moved here. But, I wish you wouldn't take it out on the rest of us, especially when you have so many incorrect "facts".

Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 AM

421 posts, read 466,250 times
Default well you guessed wrong

Been here 5 yrs, before the building of houses and roads boom. But so what? I live east of rt1 and it is quiet and peaceful yet close enough to rt1 to get everything i could possibly want and need. I am still paying ALOT less in everything then i paid in NJ...so yes i am verrrrrry happy indeed.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:01 AM

800 posts, read 3,078,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_affordable_home View Post
Hello sir, what is your budget for a house? There are some decent houses for 150k in north Florida
I just sold a 2 year old home in Deland for $162K!

Old 10-26-2006, 12:56 PM

266 posts, read 1,023,108 times
Default Floridadragon

I currently live in Apopka with my husband and 2 girls. Me and my husband are both in our early 30's and have only lived here for a little over a year. As like many cities/towns there is a good and bad part of Apopka. We live in "new Apopka" or thats what they call it. Newer developments and some newer shops/grocery stores.

I feel like the area we live in is very safe and we are zoned for the brand new schools that opened this year (but since you said you weren't planning on children that wouldn't make much difference). They are building a new bike trail through Apopka, and plan to redo the dowtown area to make it more "upscale" or "quaint" feeling.

We are about 5 min from 429 which brings you to Disney (25-35 min) and to the turnpike (15 min). The malls are about 25-35 min depending on which you go to (closest are Altamonte or Seminole). Target is about 20 min away (one in Altamonte and one in Mount Dora).

My husband may be transfering to SC and when we got the CMA for our house, we are not making any profit from last year so the prices for homes are better now then year ago. We pd $270 for a 1900SF home.

Hope that helps with giving you an idea. As far as Longwood, the homes are older, I believe are a little more expensive, but its a nice town. My daughters pediatrician as well as my doctor and hairdresser are there.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:04 PM

800 posts, read 3,078,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLmomof2 View Post
I currently live in Apopka with my husband and 2 girls. Me and my husband are both in our early 30's and have only lived here for a little over a year. As like many cities/towns there is a good and bad part of Apopka. We live in "new Apopka" or thats what they call it. Newer developments and some newer shops/grocery stores.

I feel like the area we live in is very safe and we are zoned for the brand new schools that opened this year (but since you said you weren't planning on children that wouldn't make much difference). They are building a new bike trail through Apopka, and plan to redo the dowtown area to make it more "upscale" or "quaint" feeling.

We are about 5 min from 429 which brings you to Disney (25-35 min) and to the turnpike (15 min). The malls are about 25-35 min depending on which you go to (closest are Altamonte or Seminole). Target is about 20 min away (one in Altamonte and one in Mount Dora).

My husband may be transfering to SC and when we got the CMA for our house, we are not making any profit from last year so the prices for homes are better now then year ago. We pd $270 for a 1900SF home.

Hope that helps with giving you an idea. As far as Longwood, the homes are older, I believe are a little more expensive, but its a nice town. My daughters pediatrician as well as my doctor and hairdresser are there.

Apopka is a great location with the 429 toll road. It really makes it easy to get around.

It's hard to make a profit in a year. Good luck with selling your home and with your move.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:46 PM

17 posts, read 65,159 times
I grew up in Orlando since I was 4 (now 35) and have seen it change for the worse. 2 1/2 years ago my wife and I moved to Sabal Point in Longwood. Best investment ever. Orange County Public Schools (Apopka) are so far behind Seminole (Longwood). My daughter gets the best private school education from Sabal Point Elementary (PUBLIC SCHOOL so its FREE). I highly recommend this area for young couples looking for the best schools money doesn't have to buy. lol

Last edited by sunrico90; 02-08-2008 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: PLease create a new thread, this one is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach