Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 07:52 AM

10 posts, read 21,684 times

Advertisements

I'm glad you like it. Went there this week and had a calzone...OMG!!! You have to try that next time. I knew you would like it. I get excited when I find a good place to eat. And I really like this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM

2,955 posts, read 4,966,675 times
I'll have to put it on the "when I'm in PSL list". Always glad to hear about a good pizza.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,290,822 times
Went to Tavolis and picked up a large mushroom and onion pizza. Have to say I was disappointed in the pizza. Wasnt anything like a Buffalo style pizza, crust to thin, hardly any sauce and not much cheese. It was a good quality , it just wasnt very good and looked and tasted nothing like the pizzas from my hometowns ....

Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM

56 posts, read 121,206 times
Will be sure to try when we head down to PSL in a few weeks...

my criteria is Bronx pizza ...so we will see !!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:50 PM

89 posts, read 193,055 times
Two other places to consider are Frank & Als (Exit 120 north to St Lucie West, left on Peacock and it is behind the Shell Gas station on left in the strip center. Frank is from NYC.

Or Cheech's. Gatlin to Port St Lucie Blvd. Right on PSL Blvd past Publix and McDonald's to strip center on left near liquor Store. Cheeck is from Brooklyn. Also has thick Sicilian. Great veal too.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,779,776 times
59chevy, is it the shopping center before or after Paar that Cheech's is at? I want to try his pie out sometime! What is his store's name?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 AM

16,888 posts, read 16,007,807 times
I've never been there. I just went to their little website. I read the menu. Now I won't ever go.

I wouldn't ever want my sub, "smothered" in pizza sauce. A true big pizza is 18", not 16". The prices are jacked up. The toppings for the pizzas are way overpriced.
You have to pay a couple bucks extra to get their good pizza sauce! LOL!
"Extra cheese" is a "specialty topping"?
Not much choice if you want a sub, either. Strictly hot subs only. No veal. No shrimp. No cold cut combo cold sub.
Too much emphasis on "whole milk" this and "creamy" that.....who wants that? It's a pizzeria!
So, with all of that in mind after checking it out, and after being subjected to the illiterate misspellings on the menu that are just inexcusable (what's it take to look over your own menu, one minute?) ,
I'll pass on that place next time I'm in Port St. Lucie.

There are better alternatives.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:20 PM

87 posts, read 241,864 times
Default Loved it!!!

Went there yesterday and the pizza was fantastic!! I am happy to say that this is definitely the best pizza on the Treasure Coast. Craft beer and craft pizza......YUM!!!!!!! Really did love it!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM

87 posts, read 241,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I've never been there. I just went to their little website. I read the menu. Now I won't ever go.

I wouldn't ever want my sub, "smothered" in pizza sauce. A true big pizza is 18", not 16". The prices are jacked up. The toppings for the pizzas are way overpriced.
You have to pay a couple bucks extra to get their good pizza sauce! LOL!
"Extra cheese" is a "specialty topping"?
Not much choice if you want a sub, either. Strictly hot subs only. No veal. No shrimp. No cold cut combo cold sub.
Too much emphasis on "whole milk" this and "creamy" that.....who wants that? It's a pizzeria!
So, with all of that in mind after checking it out, and after being subjected to the illiterate misspellings on the menu that are just inexcusable (what's it take to look over your own menu, one minute?) ,
I'll pass on that place next time I'm in Port St. Lucie.

There are better alternatives.
Wow!!! You must be such an optimist Rainroosty. I would hate to be married to you unless I was 100% perfect without any flaws. The place is awesome!!! Maybe you should visit before spending a few minutes proofreading the menu and analyzing all the adjectives used on the menu. Just a thought.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:43 PM

16,888 posts, read 16,007,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjb131313 View Post
Wow!!! You must be such an optimist Rainroosty. I would hate to be married to you unless I was 100% perfect without any flaws. The place is awesome!!! Maybe you should visit before spending a few minutes proofreading the menu and analyzing all the adjectives used on the menu. Just a thought.

^^^ Your post is bizarre. ^^^

I made all valid points - so, why would I visit there, based on my observations?
Are they going to charge me if I visit and order something and I'm not happy with it? Yes? Oh! Then let me just not go at all, since....(all the points I stated already.)
Sorry about our wedding. .....lmbo!

edit: ...and to be honest I'm not impressed with the amount of toppings that they put on the pizza for the price that they charge.

I already said that I've never been there so don't get so upset. My point is only that I am not likely to ever visit because I am unhappy with certain aspects of their menu, which should appeal to people so that they will come in.

The pizza looks decent, the calzone looks too skimpy and I don't like how they have the garbage container, uncovered and up against the pizza making station. They have no real website (just a menu), they have not had restaurant health inspections published yet and customers need to access the restrooms by walking through a food area.

I just don't like that; it's not for me.

Last edited by rainroosty; 04-30-2012 at 06:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach