Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 06:57 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

Those of you that have been "landlocked" to only being able to get in and out of your homes on the west by way of Savage Blvd to Gatlin .... rejoice!! FINALLY!

Port St. Lucie Council approves funds for Crosstown Parkway connector | Video » TCPalm Mobile

I know you're happy!

From what I saw it won't be the road of your dreams with sidewalks and curbs.. but ..its a road and a way OUT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:29 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,794,563 times
Yeah- I saw that on the news this morning and instantly thought about the thread on here about that. Good deal!

Old 05-18-2012, 12:32 PM

89 posts, read 193,965 times
Default What No Bond For Developers?????

Coming from the Northeast and being involved in the infrastructure of several new housing developments in RI and MA it is hard for me to believe that the City of Port Saint Lucie would not be holding a bond equal to 10% of the total
cost of the project. Are they asleep at the wheel or are there no provisions in place for a bond? If there was a bond required who released it prior to the completion of the project? Great City Management!

And just think, Governor Scott just signed into law that HOA's cannot sue developers for infrastructure defects and shoddy road work. What a great State this is turning out to be. That sob will not be getting my vote in the next election.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:12 AM

That area of homes is NOT an HOA.

It is not a part of Tradition either

From what I understand they are taking money away from another project and giving it to this one.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Correct. They are taking from the Bayshore Blvd project, which will be moved to next year:

Port St. Lucie Council approves funds for Crosstown Parkway connector | Video » TCPalm.com

Old 05-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Correct. They are taking from the Bayshore Blvd project, which will be moved to next year:

Port St. Lucie Council approves funds for Crosstown Parkway connector | Video » TCPalm.com
Fine, but it still does not release the City from requiring a bond by the original builder. Does not matter whether this is a HOA or independent community. You are all missing the point, in most areas of the USA a builder MUST post a bond equal to 10% of the total estimate of the project. The builder would solicit a bonding company who in turn sets a policy premium based on the builders credit and credentials in the trade. The City is named as the bond beneficiary and if the builder defaults, like Kennedy, then the City collects the amount of the bond from the bonding company and the builder will never ever again be able to build anywhere. If a bond were in place the City of PSL would collect the funds and not have to take the money from their coffers. We save on possible tax increases.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:50 AM

59Chevy, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Believe me, I'm all for holding people/companies responsible for things they say they are going to do. I just read an earlier thread about the lack of access to this area and was trying to shed light on it.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:14 AM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Those of you that have been "landlocked" to only being able to get in and out of your homes on the west by way of Savage Blvd to Gatlin .... rejoice!! FINALLY!

Port St. Lucie Council approves funds for Crosstown Parkway connector | Video » TCPalm Mobile

I know you're happy!

From what I saw it won't be the road of your dreams with sidewalks and curbs.. but ..its a road and a way OUT!
Great news!!! Happy for the residents who live there.

Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 AM

Maybe I'm confused about your question. The "builder" being who?

The homes were built by inividual builders- scatters lots - no one particular builder, lots of different ones. The only responsibility they had was the one house there were building on.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Maybe I'm confused about your question. The "builder" being who?

The homes were built by inividual builders- scatters lots - no one particular builder, lots of different ones. The only responsibility they had was the one house there were building on.
Let me see if I can clear this up for you non construction individuals, no insult intended or implied. In our case, at Heritage Oaks, the builder or call him the DEVELOPER, was Kennedy Homes. He did all the roads as well as the rest of the infrastructure. Maybe under different company names but it does not matter.
He should have been required to post a bond equal to 10% of the total cost of the infrastructure cost. It it was $20,000,000 then a bond equal to $2,000,000 should have been held by the City of Port St. Lucie. If he did not finish the roads submitted in the original plan approved by the Planning Board then the City would complete the work and pay for it against his posted bond.
A bonding company is like an insurance company. The higher the bond the higher the premium cost per year. The premium is based on how the builder has performed in the past, just like a credit report. Bad report, higher the interest rate for a loan.
Hope this clears up what what I am trying to get across with the importance of a bond being required by Developers. btw, bonds do not affect the individual building of homes, only infrastructure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach