Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 09:23 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

Floridians can buy hurricane supplies tax-free this weekend

TALLAHASSEE - Floridians are going to get a chance to buy hurricane supplies tax-free.

A three-day sales tax holiday on hurricane preparation supplies starts Friday and will last through Sunday.
During that period, state and local sales taxes will not be charged on batteries, gas containers, flashlights and portable generators costing $750 or less.

Taxes will also not be charged on coolers, reusable ice packs, tarps, and battery- powered radios.
Florida legislators enacted the sales tax holiday as a way to encourage residents to get ready for this year’s hurricane season. The Atlantic season started Thursday and lasts six months.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration forecast calls for 11 to 17 named storms, with five to nine hurricanes. Two to four hurricanes are expected to be “major” with sustained winds of at least 111 mph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 08:19 AM

No sale: PGA rejects $2 million bid
Service district had wanted golf course

PORT ST. LUCIE — The PGA of America has rejected St. Lucie West Service District's bid to buy the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club.
District Manager Dennis Pickle was notified Saturday that the PGA had rejected its $2 million bid for the 18-hole course, he told the district Board of Supervisors on Tuesday. The district, which provides waterutility and surface-water management to 7,000 properties, intended to lease a portion of the course to either the Country Club Estates Homeowners Association or a third party to operate the existing golf course after an unspecified amount of retention ponds were installed to alleviate heavy flooding during major rain events.

The district wanted to maintain the greens; residents with golf-course views would have had waterfront property.
For the PGA's part, it would rather sell the course, at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive, St. Lucie West, to a different kind of buyer, a spokeswoman said Tuesday.

'We informed the water district that we weren’t accepting their pre-emptive offer at this time because we would like additional time to seek out offers which would maintain the property as a golf course,' a PGA spokeswoman said in an email.

The PGA in April announced plans to sell the course, which is in Port St. Lucie, and its PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance, just west of Interstate 95 in unincorporated St. Lucie County. The district's effort to buy the course was met with fierce opposition from some residents of Country Club Estates, who feared property values for homes
along the course would plunge with a district purchase.

'I am optimistic the course will be purchased by a reputable individual and/or entity who will maintain the course as it has been maintained by the PGA,' Country Club Estates HOA President Mary Ann Russell said in an email Tuesday.

Vice Chairman Gregg Ney said Tuesday.
'The vocal minority within Country Club Estates took very careful aim over the last couple of weeks and shot us all in the foot,' Ney said. 'They put the entire community at risk of going to a developer as opposed to the services district, which would have worked with them to maintain the golf course and would guarantee that it would never be developed into condos.'

The course is the only available St. Lucie West site for more retention ponds to lessen flooding during major rain events, Pickle said. The Enclave and Lake Forest communities were underwater in 2012 during Tropical Storm Isaac. Homes without sandbags nearly flooded, and Cashmere Boulevard was impassable for three days, he said.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:27 AM

JOB FAIR FOR CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW CROSSTOWN BRIDGE .. AND MORE- JUNE 29TH

https://youtu.be/mB8c8CZalEY

Old 06-11-2017, 03:57 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
Looks like the Lucky's grocery store is going to be building their store in SLW- across from Friendly's. I'm not sure exactly where or what building they will take over, but that is what I was reading from P&Z.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:25 AM

88 posts, read 117,649 times
that is going to be interesting since i don't know of any empty stores right there and I know they said they weren't building new

Old 06-12-2017, 05:45 AM

It looks like plans have been submitted to the city to build a Sonic at the NE corner of Cahmere & St Lucie West by Lowes. It also looks like a Taco Bell and a Starbucks have been approved for the corner of port St lucie and SW Wayne St

Old 06-12-2017, 07:23 AM

my fault, didn't even know the taco bell already was started

Old 06-12-2017, 10:29 AM

361 posts, read 750,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
Looks like the Lucky's grocery store is going to be building their store in SLW- across from Friendly's. I'm not sure exactly where or what building they will take over, but that is what I was reading from P&Z.
According to page 41 of the plan shown here: http://psl.granicus.com/MetaViewer.p...meta_id=138305

Lucky's will be within the building in "Town Center" next to PetCo in the current location where Jetson & Dollar Tree are.

The owner of the property is seeking permission to build a new attachment to the right of PetCo to relocate Dollar Tree there.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:53 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
So I wonder what is to happen to Jetson's?? They are leaving I assume?

Old 06-12-2017, 02:14 PM

481 posts, read 760,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeetheUSA View Post
So I wonder what is to happen to Jetson's?? They are leaving I assume?
Possible just a move to Gatlin Blvd?

http://x.lnimg.com/attachments/48066...D02F7FD73C.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach