Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 06:46 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times

Advertisements

I was disappointed to hear that after a lengthy renovation and delayed opening, Anna's Pizza PSL location is closed by City Hall. That shopping strip mall is cursed I think! It's really a difficult spot, given how close the stores are to the road and how narrow the parking is. I think the new Grilled Cheese restaurant is going in close by. Anyone else have more details for us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 06:51 PM

1,690 posts, read 2,795,951 times
PORT ST. LUCIE — Somerset Academy Inc., is the winner of the competition to develop a free vocational-technical career academy in the Tradition Center for Commerce.

The charter school company, which already operates two charter schools in Port St. Lucie, won the competition for the vo-tech school by default because no other institution responded to the city's wide-ranging solicitation.

The City Council voted 4-1 Monday to begin negotiating a contract with Somerset for the size and location of the school.

The council is to vote on the contract Nov. 13.

The school would cost about $18 million to build and equip, Richard Moreno, executive director of Charter School Services Corp., of Fort Lauderdale, which would build the school.

Councilwoman Stephanie Morgan, the lone dissenter, said she felt the process was rushed, 25 days was not enough time to give companies to respond and considered the lack of other responses a "huge red flag."

"I just don't think it's the right fit at this time," Morgan said. "We have one chance to get it right."

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...12/1725312002/

Old 11-10-2018, 02:04 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
who is the mobile groomer on here-- please contact me. A group of 7-8 dogs are looking

Old 11-13-2018, 06:19 PM

23 posts, read 24,918 times
"That shopping strip mall is cursed I think!"

Agreed! That spot in particular really. Nothing can ever survive there. As far as the grilled cheese goes I only have the updates from their facebook but it looks like they're making steady progress.

Does anyone have any clue about when we will get updates on City Center? An article from Sep said the buyer and the city should meet in the next month(October) but that's come and gone with no new word.

Also, I've asked before but anyone know anything about the big lot on the intersection of Meeting St and Waterway Ln in Tradition. I think it's under Mattamy Homes now but I'm not sure who to contact. They've finally cut the long grass and even put new mulch down though it seems like the entire area down to the square got it too.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:22 PM

Does anyone have any clue about when we will get updates on City Center? An article from Sep said the buyer and the city should meet in the next month(October) but that's come and gone with no new word.

Also, I've asked before but anyone know anything about the big lot on the intersection of Meeting St and Waterway Ln in Tradition. I think it's under Mattamy Homes now but I'm not sure who to contact. They've finally cut the long grass and even put new mulch down though it seems like the entire area down to the square got it too.

Old 11-13-2018, 06:44 PM

I have to ask... .why would you have a "store" or a business for grilled cheese?

To kirbyoung -- for anything to do with whats going on in Tradition, you can call the Attorneys Fishkind & Associates, Inc. office at (772) 345-5101

or they list another number Tel: 772-207-0057

Old 11-13-2018, 06:53 PM

So I haven't been there but this place, Grilled Cheese Gallery, is extremely popular in West Palm. I think its partly that comfort food trend. They do make food other than Grilled Cheese variations but I guess if you're feeling like some cheesy goodness, you couldn't get much better than a place like that. It's a niche a lot of people may not have known they needed filled until now.

I appreciate the response; I actually contacted them and they pointed me toward Mattamy Homes so I guess that plot of land must have switched hands in the recently sell-off.

https://earth.google.com/web/@27.267...N2RMT0tma0EQAg

Old 11-13-2018, 08:07 PM

Posting here a lot tonight but:
New article stating, " The operators of the Original Tiki Bar and Cobbs Landing in Fort Pierce hope to open a waterfront restaurant on a new section of the city's Riverwalk in December 2019.

The City Council voted 4-1 Monday night to start negotiations with Salty4Eleven LLC, owned by Diego Larroude and Donna Qvarnstrom-Burke, to construct, operate and lease the proposed waterfront restaurant."

How does everyone feel about these guys opening a restaurant on the water in PSL? I'm not partial to a tiki-style restaurant but I suppose they could do anything with it since it would be a new restaurant with a brand new building. It's much better than my fear of yet another chain though I have heard the Tiki Bar has gone down in quality over the past year.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:03 PM

481 posts, read 760,166 times
Port St. Lucie to sell 9.75 acres in Tradition for $849,680 to eye instrument maker.

"It will be a Taj Mahal in terms of an industrial building," Tesch told the council during the meeting. "You will be amazed at the quality of the facility."

Tesch and city officials said they believe the Oculus project will continue the trend of new companies setting up shop in the land known as the Tradition Jobs Corridor.

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/lo...on/2057606002/

Old 11-25-2018, 10:45 AM

Becker Road primed for major changes in near future
Treasure Coast Newspapers USA TODAY NETWORK - FLORIDA

PORT ST. LUCIE — Motorists who routinely drive Becker Road should enjoy the heavily wooded stretches while they last, because development is destined to change the face of the 7.5-mile east-west thoroughfare.

Less than 20 years ago, parts of Becker Road remained unpaved and the surrounding neighborhoods were sparsely populated.

But the advent of the massive Tradition project in 2000 forever changed the rural character of Becker Road on the city's southern edge, eventually bringing interchanges on Interstate 95 and Florida's Turnpike and thousands of commuters.

These days, real estate development is underway or in the works from one end of Becker Road to the other — Gilson Road on the east to Village Parkway in Tradition on the west.

The City Council On Nov. 13 enacted a change to the city's growth plan, setting the stage for business and apartment development on land previously designated for single- family houses on the west side of Becker, from the turnpike to I-95.

High-end residential development is going full-blast on Becker east of the turnpike in the massive Veranda project as a wave of housing construction sweeps across the city.

East Side

Traffic congestion is so bad on the east side of Becker Road it fails to meet service standards along the two-mile length of the Veranda project, county records show.

The Veranda plan envisions 3,230 residences on 1,122 acres, city records show.

The developer is required to widen Becker Road to four lanes along the failing segment, city records show. But timing is still to be determined.

A roundabout is planned at Becker and Gilson roads to smooth the traffic flow, St ef Mathes, a representative of developer Veranda St. Lucie Land Holdings of Jacksonville, told the council on Nov. 13. But he didn't say when it would be built. Gilson Road, which links the city to Palm City and the rest of Martin County, also is failing, county records show.

A major commercial, industrial and residential project also has started on the south side of Becker Road, just east of Florida's Turnpike, city records show.

Retail and office space totaling 36 7,057 square feet; 90,000 square feet of warehouse space; and a 120-room hotel are planned in the 97-acre St. Lucie Land development, city records show. A mix of 581 single- and multifamily residences are part of the plans. So far, a Mobil gas station with a Subway sandwich shop have been built, but the land to the south and west remains undeveloped. It's just west of the Veranda Falls Shopping Center, which features a Publix supermarket and Duncan Donuts. Yet most of the storefronts are vacant, including the former Cornerstone Bistro.

The Mobile/Subway and Veranda Falls are part of the St. Lucie Land project.

West Side

Becker Road seems relatively tranquil west of the turnpike, but the recent change to the city growth plan promotes business and apartment development on 787 lots previously designated for single-family homes.

Mayor Greg Oravec repeatedly has said he fears the change will allow the kind of hodgepodge of commercial development seen along southeast Port St. Lucie Boulevard. But other council members have said they believe commercial development is bound to come to Becker Road so they decided to focus it at the major intersections and try to reduce the impact on nearby residents. For example, a town center is envisioned at Becker Road and southwest Port St. Lucie Boulevard, which ultimately leads to Citrus Boulevard in Palm City Farms. Becker R oad's intersections with Savona and Darwin boulevards would be developed with a mixture of stores, offices and apartment buildings under the change to the growth plan. “As the city has evolved, the plan for Becker Road has had to evolve,” said City Councilman John Carvelli. “We want to stimulate high value growth for the residents in that area.'

West of I-95, the city is negotiating to sell 20 acres at the northeast corner of Becker Road and Village Parkway to Publix. It's part of the 1,161 acres the city acquired in Tradition Commerce Center in June from Tradition Land Co. The Urban Land Institute earlier this month urged the city to formulate a big-picture strategy to developing that land instead of a piecemeal approach. The commerce center runs generally from Becker Road north to Discovery Way, between I-95 and Village Parkway. In June, Mattamy Homes bought 1,941 acres, generally from the south side of Becker Road, north along the west side of Village Parkway to Crosstown Parkway. Plans call for 4,000 homes and 250,000 square feet of commercial space. Becker Road currently dead-ends on the Mattamy property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach