Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 03:53 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times

Advertisements

There is a Heritage Oaks Board Meeting tonite at 7 at Town Hall -- in case anyone is interested
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,126,566 times
As an FYI:

There are so many homes East of the Turnpike that are in the mid to high 100,000-550,000 to millions of dollar ranges. So many areas East of the Turnpike are in excellent to very good areas...

A community designated as HOA location does not necesarily mean the houses are better built, more secure, or have good residents.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 AM

63 posts, read 263,792 times
They approved the sale this morning.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post

A community designated as HOA location does not necesarily mean the houses are better built, more secure, or have good residents.
It does if the HOA is strict.... at first I didn't really like how sctrict the HOA seemed but it does help to keep out the losers and keep the value of the properties up...

my agent drove through a while back to pick up some docs since I am out of State and said she was impressed with the way it looked.. well kept etc....

I got it for a fraction of what it would be worth in a normal economy / market... and its in a good location within walking distance to shopping etc...

So I am happy with it I guess... I'll probably just sell if the market ever gets back to normal and cash out anyway.... fix it up new inside.......

Last edited by anonguy; 06-25-2012 at 09:07 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
There is a Heritage Oaks Board Meeting tonite at 7 at Town Hall -- in case anyone is interested

as I went.. nevermind the horrible story that goes with this.-- there was not a quarm so the vote goes again

Old 06-27-2012, 08:01 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonguy View Post
They approved the sale this morning.....

It does if the HOA is strict.... at first I didn't really like how sctrict the HOA seemed but it does help to keep out the losers and keep the value of the properties up...

my agent drove through a while back to pick up some docs since I am out of State and said she was impressed with the way it looked.. well kept etc....

I got it for a fraction of what it would be worth in a normal economy / market... and its in a good location within walking distance to shopping etc...

So I am happy with it I guess... I'll probably just sell if the market ever gets back to normal and cash out anyway.... fix it up new inside.......
So you're not really interested anyway....just looking for an investment?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Each HOA has a different person that "takes care" of a specific community in Bristol Mgmt. This person came on last fall and it hasn't been the same since. I have lived here almost 4 years -- with no complaints from me. I have actually helped the HOA along the way -and as many of you that are here on a regular basis...never had anything bad to say
Well.. no longer. I LIKE HOA's...but I don't like what has been happening recently. My owner/clients are really mad and feel harrassed, as do I - no longer a happy camper here.
So will you look for a better HOA? Or will the experience stay in your mind and affect future decisions? Just wondering. I don't like HOA's but sometimes admire the communities.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 AM

Harry, its interesting that I have lived here for 5 years without any of the things that are going on now. Its not the HOA..it the one person from the Management company that changed things. You talk about condo commandos.. well, here is one only worse since he's not even an owner. Its also unreal that he has decided to pick and choose who it is that gets a violation or not. One person gets a violation notice and the same thing is going on 3 doors down and they get nothing. A dirty roof gets a violation notice instead of sending them a letter saying.,,,please clean your roof. Yet, next door and all over are other dirty roofs and they are still dirty a month later.

It doesn't change the way I feel about HOA's, but has definitely turned me against living in Heritage Oaks..

Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 AM

27 posts, read 76,312 times
I loath HOA's. I like my gardens out front. I like my personalized landscaping. I like wiring around the outside of the house so I can put some outdoor speakers up and listen to the music which is the background/soundtrack of my life. An HOA would probably never have allowed me to build the entranceway and pergola I did out front of this place... I digress. Ok so I will no longer be "following" any homes in Tradition nor Heritage Oaks. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 06-30-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Harry, its interesting that I have lived here for 5 years without any of the things that are going on now. Its not the HOA..it the one person from the Management company that changed things. You talk about condo commandos.. well, here is one only worse since he's not even an owner. Its also unreal that he has decided to pick and choose who it is that gets a violation or not. One person gets a violation notice and the same thing is going on 3 doors down and they get nothing. A dirty roof gets a violation notice instead of sending them a letter saying.,,,please clean your roof. Yet, next door and all over are other dirty roofs and they are still dirty a month later.

It doesn't change the way I feel about HOA's, but has definitely turned me against living in Heritage Oaks..
Yeah, I'm sure HOA's are well intentioned. What I was getting at is the fact that they are so easily derailed, such as in your situation, with such an everyday occurrence as a change of management.

Old 08-05-2012, 03:04 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
I had an interview with my Vero Beach HOA manager before my closing in 2009 and we reviewed the bylaws and I got to ask any questions I had.

Now I'm temp living in Jacksonville and service very expensive condos with my business. The HOAs keep "forgetting" to do the interviews and renters are extensively moving into the building claiming no knowledge of the bylaws and therefore extending the process required to make them follow the bylaws. Such as, in part: no unleashed dogs, people carrying around open booze and dropping red wine all over the lobby's marble floors, kids running around the building without grown ups and shoeless, and renters having large groups of "guests" without registering them, using up all the facilities like every single pool chair at once blasting music on full power etc etc etc.

The residents didn't spend up to $800K to live like that. Even IF their property value has decreased by 40%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach