Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:55 AM

2,956 posts, read 4,969,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Well, i appreciate your humility and admissions . I hope you are interested enough in dilgently seeking what IS the truth behind such things as HOW our cosmos arrived out of nothing , WHY it exists , WHAT is the ultimate meaning to it and especially your life , and why Jesus Christ makes good rational , logical sense to believe in and what he said about these greatest of profound issues. Since all World Religions are fundamentally different (as opposed to what many think are the same) as far as truth is concerned re: our origins and the afterlife....I encourage you to find time in your busy studies to get these questions answered by diligently investigating Christ since he is the ONLY One who claimed to be the actual Creator of the Universe and did things to prove that fact beyond question ; a large booklet format called '12 Points that Prove Christianity is True ' thru www.impactapologetics.com will allow you the extremely compelling evidences as to why some 3 billion people worldwide have chosen to put their loyal trust in Christ. There IS the ultimate truth behind things , and the wise take on the roll of diligently seeking after it regardless of where the evidence leads. The choice is yours but there is no greater thing before you.
I appreciate your advice and leave you with the words of an imperfect but logical man.

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,748,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I appreciate your advice and leave you with the words of an imperfect but logical man.

“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Well, i leave you hoping you will take the intiative to diligently look at the scientific evidence for Christ since so much depends on it for yourself.

"What this world now needs, is Christian love and compassion" -- Bertrand Russell from his book Anti-Christ .

Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 PM

2,956 posts, read 4,969,835 times
Quote:
Well, i leave you hoping you will take the intiative to diligently look at the scientific evidence for Christ since so much depends on it for yourself.

"What this world now needs, is Christian love and compassion" -- Bertrand Russell from his book Anti-Christ .
Context is everything:

Can an agnostic be a Christian?

The word "Christian" has had various different meanings at different times. Throughout most of the centuries since the time of Christ, it has meant a person who believed God and immortality and held that Christ was God. But Unitarians call themselves Christians, although they do not believe in the divinity of Christ, and many people nowadays use the word "God" in a much less precise sense than that which it used to bear. Many people who say they believe in God no longer mean a person, or a trinity of persons, but only a vague tendency or power or purpose immanent in evolution. Others, going still further, mean by "Christianity" merely a system of ethics which, since they are ignorant of history, they imagine to be characteristic of Christians only.
When, in a recent book, I said that what the world needs is "love, Christian love, or compassion," many people thought this showed some changes in my views, although in fact, I might have said the same thing at any time. If you mean by a "Christian" a man who loves his neighbor, who has wide sympathy with suffering, and who ardently desires a world freed from the cruelties and abominations which at present disfigure it, then, certainly, you will be justified in calling me a Christian. And, in this sense, I think you will find more "Christians" among agnostics than among the orthodox. But, for my part, I cannot accept such a definition. Apart from other objections to it, it seems rude to Jews, Buddhists, Mohammedans, and other non-Christians, who, so far as history shows, have been at least as apt as Christians to practice the virtues which some modern Christians arrogantly claim as distinctive of their own religion.
I think also that all who called themselves Christians in an earlier time, and a great majority of those who do so at the present day, would consider that belief in God and immortality is essential to a Christian. On these grounds, I should not call myself a Christian, and I should say that an agnostic cannot be a Christian. But, if the word "Christianity" comes to be generally used to mean merely a kind of morality, then it will certainly be possible for an agnostic to be a Christian.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:03 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,399,713 times
How quickly this conversation went south! Very amusing though!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:00 AM

63 posts, read 263,103 times
Quote:
and why Jesus Christ makes good rational , logical sense to believe in and what he said about these greatest of profound issues..

Ya surely! Living your life based on the words of some guy who most probably had some kind of psychological disorder who lived over 2,000 years ago and ran around claiming to be a God surely makes ""logical sense"".. Are you serious???????

Quote:
as to why some 3 billion people worldwide have chosen to put their loyal trust in Christ.

Because they were brainwashed from birth, that's why and that's the ONLY reason why. That's all religion is.. It's nothing more than control based on fear and guilt. The religious indoctrination of ignorant children is actually a form of psychological abuse.

The sooner all religion is removed from the world, the better off the world will be.

Quote:
Christ since he is the ONLY One who claimed to be the actual Creator of the Universe and did things to prove that fact beyond question .
Actually he's not the only one because I also claim that I invented the Universe. I also did many things to prove my claims but you were not there to see them when it happened. But either way you still should have no reason to doubt me because I have a few buddies that will be writing down my proof for you to read about.

He did things to prove that fact beyond question? Really? And I suppose you were there to see all of that "proof" ? Oh wait that's right.. you weren't.. so what does that make you? A gullible, brainwashed sheep that believes in what a bunch of guys wrote down 50-80 years after jesus christ died who were writing third hand accounts at best. That's exactly what the Gospels are if you didn't know... 100% HEARSAY. No one who wrote the gospels actually ever even met jesus or even saw him alive.

Quote:
But you WILL believe an accidental one celled pond protozoa that popped into existence from dead chemicals in the atmosphere is your ultimate Ancestor ?!

I couldn't care less who my ultimate ancestor is. I also don't feel any need or desire to invent ideas to explain away things that no one understands which is exactly the root of religion. Religion and "Gods" were born out of ignorance.

Do yourself a big favor and start living in reality and not 2,000 year old la la land.

Last edited by anonguy; 08-04-2012 at 05:54 AM..

Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM

140 posts, read 398,341 times
Well, that one got as far off topic as any I've seen.

By the way, not all single men are in their 20's & 30's. I'll be retiring there in 2013 & hope to be able to find some female compansionship.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:53 PM

138 posts, read 242,686 times
So the singles scene in PSL is all about bible thumping ? Guess I'll take my wife with me.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:08 AM

5,016 posts, read 7,399,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalIt View Post
So the singles scene in PSL is all about bible thumping ? Guess I'll take my wife with me.
Is this true?

I'm a 50 year old single woman desperately planning a move out of South Florida.
(Originally from the midwest - never really fit in down here. I'd like a slower pace, but not a total ghost town.)
Any opinions?
Might I fit in?

Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,307,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Is this true?

I'm a 50 year old single woman desperately planning a move out of South Florida.
(Originally from the midwest - never really fit in down here. I'd like a slower pace, but not a total ghost town.)
Any opinions?
Might I fit in?

Bible thumping is not big in Port St. Lucie.

I actually think .007 lives in the panhandle, which is "the South," where Bible thumping IS big!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach