Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 07:32 AM

138 posts, read 244,010 times

Advertisements

Looking to get a floor put in, anyone know any reasonable options they can recommend ?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 11:03 AM

53 posts, read 122,276 times
Look into getting the existing concrete floor polished and stained. It beats the hell out of constantly cleaning dirty grout. You can choose from an almost unlimited color and the finish from matte to mirror gloss.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:51 PM

138 posts, read 244,010 times
Never even crossed my mind but after checking it out online it looks very sharp. So do we know of any companies that do it and is it comparable price wise to tiling or cheaper ?

Thanks, great idea..

Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 AM

53 posts, read 122,276 times
TRANSCONCRETEDESIGNS.COM

You can get it done to any degree of finish you desire. No, I have not used them yet but plan to in the very near future.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:33 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
I have mostly tile floors in my home except the master bedroom. The carpet was a light colored plush that was showing wear and stains. I thought about tile, paint, and or polishing. But I did like the transition from tile to carpet when entering the bedroom. After a lot of research, I went with commercial carpet tile. It now comes in different piles and patterns that make it more attractive in a home. I ordered it from a mill in Georgia direct. I installed it myself with pressure sensitive adhesive. (very easy) It turned out very well and the stuff is almost bulletproof. I was glad I went with carpet after I removed the wall to wall and saw the uneven and uncentered relief cuts in the concrete. Of course tile would have worked also.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,217,602 times
Post Slippery When Wet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Monterey View Post
Look into getting the existing concrete floor polished and stained. It beats the hell out of constantly cleaning dirty grout. You can choose from an almost unlimited color and the finish from matte to mirror gloss.
I am not sure if it will be the same......but my neighbor had her garage floor painted with one of those garage floor paints that are offered and she regrets it everytime it rains......the water has no where to go since the floor is no longer porous and it just pools on the floor...and like the roadway signs it is "Slippery When Wet"......when it snows the problem is magnified even more......for as the snow melts she gets a bigger puddle and has slipped and fallen several times......

Old 08-15-2012, 07:06 AM

361 posts, read 749,876 times
The garage floor you are talking about is epoxy.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:09 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty78 View Post
I am not sure if it will be the same......but my neighbor had her garage floor painted with one of those garage floor paints that are offered and she regrets it everytime it rains......the water has no where to go since the floor is no longer porous and it just pools on the floor...and like the roadway signs it is "Slippery When Wet"......when it snows the problem is magnified even more......for as the snow melts she gets a bigger puddle and has slipped and fallen several times......
They make an anti-slip compound that can be mixed into the paint for such situations . Whoever applied it for her should have known that. I don't worry much about snow in Florida, but mixed it in anyway. I thought about wet cars dripping on the floor.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 AM

403 posts, read 1,079,598 times
Yea, silica sand helps to prevent or minimize slipping on epoxy or floor paint surfaces. I would avoid using those products as long as possible though. Concrete stain is a little difficult in Florida too because in order to get desirable results pebbles used in concrete outside of the state of Florida give it the black spots as opposed to the white ones in Florida concrete, which are usually sea shells and not pebbles.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:43 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,107 times
Default Stained Floors

I have seen stained concrete floors in commercial applications like Whole Foods and Coffee shops in New Orleans and it looks great. I worked for a place that had concrete warehouse floors and they decided to grind it down and stain. I was a mess, the machines worked for days in a 50x50 area and it was messy, they used diamond discs, very slow, messy and noisy. I think most concrete is stained when poured for a better finish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach