Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2012, 04:51 PM

3 posts, read 14,869 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to relocate to the Sabastian area and are coming down to visit in early October. We're looking for local information on the area. Hows the house market looking in the area. Up? Down? Stable? What are some of the best and/or closest beaches to Sebastian? Water temp's of the ocean during summer, fall and winter? How is the local economy? Job market in the area? Does the area have adequate box store shopping?, restaurants?, Local parks or community pools?

We've also been told that some towns have a large turnover population with snow birds in the winter and tourists in the summer. Other towns have a lot of full time families that are raising families in in safe and stable neighborhoods? Which type of area is Sabastian?

Any thoughts on traffic and crime in the area? I know that every city has both, however how does Sabastian compare? Thanks in advance for any comments and feedback.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 05:46 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkroj View Post
My wife and I are looking to relocate to the Sabastian area and are coming down to visit in early October. We're looking for local information on the area. Hows the house market looking in the area. Up? Down? Stable? What are some of the best and/or closest beaches to Sebastian? Water temp's of the ocean during summer, fall and winter? How is the local economy? Job market in the area? Does the area have adequate box store shopping?, restaurants?, Local parks or community pools?

We've also been told that some towns have a large turnover population with snow birds in the winter and tourists in the summer. Other towns have a lot of full time families that are raising families in in safe and stable neighborhoods? Which type of area is Sabastian?

Any thoughts on traffic and crime in the area? I know that every city has both, however how does Sabastian compare? Thanks in advance for any comments and feedback.........
The housing market has stayed about the same for the last year. It's down about 30% from the peak. The closest beaches are Wabasso, Golden sands, (my favorite)and Treasure shores. Great fishing, surfing, and camping at Sebastian inlet. Ocean water temps are low 80's summer, 70's in fall and 60's in winter. The local economy is pretty stable, although there aren't many jobs other than service and retail. Plenty of shopping in the area. Plenty of restaurants , parks, and a large pool. I would say Sebastian has about 90% full time residents. There are families and kids, retirees, and some singles. It's safe,stable, and quiet. The traffic is very tolerable.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 PM

65 posts, read 163,320 times
Default any bad areas to avoid in Sebastian?

along Sebastian blvd?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBridge View Post
along Sebastian blvd?
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach