Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 09:01 AM

53 posts, read 122,276 times

Advertisements

I have seen and heard evidence of a predator in the neighborhood. Neighbors have spotted a coyote and this morning there were two dead Armadillos on my street. It was easy to see that one was viciously attacked before ending wheels up in the middle of the road. Neither was struck by a vehicle. BE CAREFUL PET OWNERS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 10:04 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,463 times
Armadillos tend to jump when a car goes over them and that is how they die. A coyote is a bad thing but we have bob cats in our hood. I like them because they keep the population of rabbits and armadillos down. I hate it when they dig up my yard.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
There was a news report recently about coyotes in the area. Ft pierce I think. Try a Google. They are around. Could also be feral dogs.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:36 AM

53 posts, read 122,276 times
I did google and found reports of coyotes in the Preserve area and we are not far from it.

Old 04-14-2013, 06:31 AM

More than likely someone has been feeding neighborhood cats and it has attracted the wrong crowd. First it starts with the opossums and then the ratcoons then the bobcats and coyotes. You have to remember that the wilderness is just outside the city limits. One of the city officials was telling me that they had a hog problem at City Hall of all places. People often go out to enjoy their pool and find an alligator in it or find one in the house that crawled through the doggie door. Snakes in the kitchen and all kinds of things going on.

In Miami a couple of years ago there was one neighborhood where several cats were being killed and left torn apart. They eventually persecuted a neighborhood teen thinking he was torturing the poor things but the DNA evidence said it was a coyote. The poor kid will never get his life back.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:24 PM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,107 times
I promise I am not feeding the snakes.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM

135 posts, read 207,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslhomie View Post
More than likely someone has been feeding neighborhood cats and it has attracted the wrong crowd. First it starts with the opossums and then the ratcoons then the bobcats and coyotes. You have to remember that the wilderness is just outside the city limits. One of the city officials was telling me that they had a hog problem at City Hall of all places. People often go out to enjoy their pool and find an alligator in it or find one in the house that crawled through the doggie door. Snakes in the kitchen and all kinds of things going on.

In Miami a couple of years ago there was one neighborhood where several cats were being killed and left torn apart. They eventually persecuted a neighborhood teen thinking he was torturing the poor things but the DNA evidence said it was a coyote. The poor kid will never get his life back.
I can't see a completely "innocent" kid being prosecuted if he hadn't been up to something mean. Maybe it put a good scare in him.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 AM

As I said DNA evidence from the cats proved otherwise. That's what happens when people go "Nancy Grace" on things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach