Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMc View Post
Really?? Don't you think most of those folks who need a job are expecting it to be a permanent, full time, regular, position, with full benefits, just like the ads always state? Because it isn't. It is like most of the crappy jobs offered here by employers who get away with murder.

Boy, you really are looking petty, here. I think I can say that i have accurate and honest info on Aegis, having gone through the hiring process. You haven't. It is a scam.. constantly hiring 700, 500, 400, etc... there will be another before September. Try getting real, accurate data on Aegis and the amount of permanent employees. Seriously. You're always throwing statistics around... try getting real data. It is a disservice to send people to Aegis.
Btw, I have never, ever seen any of their ads/job postings say anything about temp positions.. all state they are regular, full time positions.

E
AS I SAID.....I was ONLY posting a JOB FAIR... apparently you do not understand that! If you don't like them I DONT CARE....other people WORK THERE so apparently somebody else DID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 09:08 AM

51 posts, read 88,279 times
They don't allow questions during the interview process, either. I'd venture that nobody ends up being employed with them long enough to qualify for the promised medical benefits...also, pre ACA and the prohibition on prexisting medical conditions being held against you, I would think that is the main reason for asking for such a complete and detailed medical record. That, I really don't know. I sure thought it was unusual.

And normally, during new employee orientation is when new employees, not only, get to ask any questions they might have in regards to working for a company, they get answers to those questions. Pretty standard stuff.

Apparently, not for Aegis.

Oh, and just how many do you think work there, anyway? Where are they even going to fit the 700 "new and permanent" employees of this current job fair?? And where will they ever find room for the inevitable 500, 700 or 450 "new and permanent" employees needed during the 2 to 3 job fairs they WILL hold before years end??

That's a lot of employees.. need a pretty big building just to house them, wouldn't you think? I wonder what the official occupancy capacity is for the PORTION of the office building that Aegis leases out. Like I said, ever see the whole entire parking lot.. a parking lot that is shared with many, many other tenants.

The whole process just had a very, very weird vibe. No other way to say it. I would say that they have recruited well over 5,000 "new and permanent" employees in just the last 3 years. This is at least the 4th job fair with the 700 figure. Have seen 500 and 400 and a measly 300 many, many times. It would be one thing to see this just listed at Craig's list... but it is also posted at legitimate job boards such as Indeed.com, Career Builder and Monster.. not to mention, the Dept. Of Employment with the State of Florida. And then there is those ever helpful, unquestioning, news stations that are happy to report that Aegis is holding a job fair looking for PERMANENT employees for regular, full time, with full benefits. AGAIN. AND AGAIN. And again.

E

Old 08-07-2013, 04:14 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bznavyveteran View Post
I must have missed something in this discussion. I have learned that apparently Aegis requires applicants to provide their medical history and does not allow questions during their training sessions. I am still waiting to hear what is the scam. LingLing knows someone who worked there. Why did he leave?
I thought by now everyone would know someone who is working or worked for them since they have hired so many people. Just ask the people around you. I know at least two. For me, I always wonder why this kind of business is allowed in this country. Then I don't know everything about the country.

And to go into detail, I will have to share the detail that can bring me trouble. I am here to share something I know but not everything.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 PM

193 posts, read 405,076 times
I did some searching on the web and found some reviews of Aegis from people who apparently worked there. AEGIS Communications Employee Reviews | Indeed.com

Old 08-08-2013, 09:04 AM

I guess it depends on the particular contract they are working on. For each contract, they were given a script to read to the customers. This part surprises me. If it is related with medical insurance, with complicated coding system, I would prefer someone who is familiar with the system to answer my questions. The healthcare system is very confusing as it is.

For some other contracts, they are required to read through the whole script no matter how angry customers are. if at the end, the customer is still angry and wants to cancel the sales, they are required to send the customer to somewhere else, making the cancellation impossible. Well, if they had enough that day and allowed the cancellation without trying, they can lose their bonus and, then their low paying part time jobs. Some of the scripts are so hilarious.

However, for someone who wants to learn this kind of skills and improves your tolerance level, it is a good place to start. Perhaps, I should work there... Again, I want to make it clear to everyone. I only heard about it from friends. I have never worked there.

Last edited by LingLing; 08-08-2013 at 09:14 AM..

Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bznavyveteran View Post
I did some searching on the web and found some reviews of Aegis from people who apparently worked there. AEGIS Communications Employee Reviews | Indeed.com
Apparently, there are many verified and unverified reviews on the internet.

Oh, I want to add that three years ago, as naive as I was, I negotiated with a business phone package with a "AT&T" rep. They told me the rate will be effective in two months. Two months later, no fee change. I called AT&T and was told no such contract was received. I kept all the records so I did some detective work and found I was talking with some call center guy in Atlanta. They no longer worked with AT&T and AT&T didn't honor their rate. So be careful, everyone.

Last edited by LingLing; 08-08-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach