Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2014, 07:02 AM

7 posts, read 10,000 times

Advertisements

Retiring and moving to Vero Beach. My husband and I love it there. Our problem appears to be our dogs. We have 2 medium size dogs and are looking for a community environment with pool, clubhouse etc in the $200,000 range. Most listing don't let you know if dogs are permitted and as we live in MD. its hard to look at neighborhoods without going through the HOA per listing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 08:09 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern-straits View Post
Retiring and moving to Vero Beach. My husband and I love it there. Our problem appears to be our dogs. We have 2 medium size dogs and are looking for a community environment with pool, clubhouse etc in the $200,000 range. Most listing don't let you know if dogs are permitted and as we live in MD. its hard to look at neighborhoods without going through the HOA per listing. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Your best bet is a realtor who may have more quick recall about that. Also the weight of the dogs can be the tie breaker some places.

Just watch that they don't steer you to ONLY their own listings, as has been MY experience here and in SOFL. So IMO, you want a large brokerage who advertise all communities. Some have the communities listed one by one with descriptions besides the individual listings.

I assume you mean single house not row/duplex (villa in FLorida speak) or townhouse, or condo?

One I know of is Serenoa in the south west part. I work for people there with two large dogs. It's a smaller quiet community because they stopped building during the crash but they recently started up again. It's nice. I don't know that the clubhouse has all that many activities but I guess that will come with time. I'm only guessing based on going there two or three times a day for vacation service, I've never done live in service so they may have activities...I just don't know. But you could start your own, too! The houses are one or two story. The yards are large enough for two large dogs to run around and they allow fences. The people are nice, too. Not 55+ but nothing going on annoying with kids, either.

5th dead ends there where their entrance is so it's quiet.

Serenoa - New Homes in Vero Beach, Florida - GHO Homes

Bimini Plan in Serenoa, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

Also maybe Pointe West. It may be a better area for you it's near the mall off of Route 60 so shopping is convenient. It's a different type of community - larger with a mix of housing styles. It's really pretty even though it's huge and the houses are all different even in the attached ones so at least there's some variety. They could probably use more landscaping but it's relatively new.

They have some nice reasonable townhouses, too - I work in one with cats IT has a beautiful view of the golf course.

I think they have single homes, too but I'm not sure. Golf, golfcarts but I don't know the "rules" of the golf.

Examples:

1521 Par Court, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

1648 Pointe West Way, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

1525 Par Court, Vero Beach FL - Trulia

I saw dogs in there. Not so sure about fences.

They happen to also have the BEST Independent Living and assisted living facility - The Brennity. It's really GORGEOUS inside. Like, a big indoor salt water pool with a lift. Three "restaurants". (dining halls that LOOK like restaurants )

I would probably consider Pointe West if I were looking and couldn't afford waterfront. IF I could afford a future at The Brennity LOL

Sagora :: Brennity Vero Beach

They have ALOT of activities there that I even hear on the radio. Stuff you don't normally see like "swap meets" for charities or those red hat lady events for the community or other stuff that brings OUTSIDERS in for a day. (NOT in the clubhouse per se...) So it's not your traditional HOA in that sense. And keeps things lively. If you're not into that, it's easy enough to ignore because the community is so large.

I also lived in Woodfield and the tenant before me had at least one dog that I know of. But I found that community to be not so fun and the pool had people's GRANDKIDS in it all the time. And it was small and crowded. IT's the one where the guy claimed someone spraypainted NO KIDS on his car LOLOL.

But it's pretty. I'd never move where they allow a kid to visit a month per year. Or 5 days a week or whatever they have - I forget. Multiply that by all those houses??? NOPE.

I also worked in Trillum, right at the mall. Meets your criteria.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/...Beach-FL-32966

And the NORTH end of Vero is my favorite in terms of peaceful. Check out Grand Harbor. Dogs ok. TONS of options. I'm not sure if there's a clubhouse WITHOUT membership, though. I think it's an equity membership.

Each individual community has it's own pool (or not)

And OAK HARBOR is the 55 plus section. I work there every day. BUT I don't know about the pool situation in that part of the community. You may have to go to the non 55 plus for that. The place is enormous but very pretty and there's golf, a marina etc. But the golf is with the equity membership.

I think the full clubhouse with golf membership is something like 12K to join (refundable when you move out) and about $2-3000 per year.

Now if you don't join the full club membership, I don't know if the individual small HOAs are hefty or not. But it's worth exploring. I know they had condos under 75K a couple months ago, so it's not like all wealthy people living there. They also have RENTALS annual and seasonal which is always a good idea when househunting here. Get your bearings for a year THEN buy something.

Example of a townhouse with a nice courtyard and how they do the landscaping. It's attached, though. There are PLENY of singles, too.

http://www.trulia.com/property/31449...Beach-FL-32967

Oak Harbor section:

http://www.trulia.com/property/30984...Beach-FL-32967

Last edited by runswithscissors; 03-01-2014 at 09:30 AM..

Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM

7 posts, read 10,000 times
thanks for so much information! we do have a realtor who sends us listings but we find a lot are not relevant for us.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:54 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,892,301 times
I just got excited seeing this nice community with 1-2 acres and OPTIONAL HOA in a nice secluded area of Vero. With a gorgeous pool.

Then realized these type of properties usually do not have the pool clubhouse etc.

I know, househunting is HARD!

PLUS you actually may change your mind a year later about what you want, often.

So have fun!

5826 62nd Lane Vero Beach Florida - MLS RX-3012855 | Kingslake

that was my experience too, they just do a DUMP of listings regardless of your actual needs!

Old 03-14-2014, 09:38 PM

10 posts, read 18,379 times
Just wanted to jump in and let you know....we have (2) golden retrievers and are puchasing a home in Falcon Trace, gated community with amenities. Also, the home we are purchasing has a fenced in yard....with a lakeview....there are a few homes for sale. Should definitely check it out....Good Luck!!!

Old 06-23-2014, 03:16 PM

20 posts, read 42,045 times
Citrus Springs (Citrus Manor)...I have two dogs, we have low HOA fees, well maintained lots, pool, tennis court, fitness center, and a library. Homes here are definitely in your price range.

Citrus Manor - Citrus Springs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach