Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 06:53 AM

26 posts, read 45,787 times

Advertisements

My parents are making the move to FL finally. I've been scoping some houses on the web for them. It seems St Lucie West or PSL/Tradition is the area price-wise that we should be focusing on. With that in mind, I would appreciate your thoughts on the following communities. Price, taxes/HOA, extra fees, etc.

Cascades
Heritage Oaks
King Isle
St James

They are looking for an active community. Since they would be snowbirding I think it's important that they be in a gated community. Friendly community and one that is safe to walk around. One that has a lot of social opportunities for them to get out and do stuff.

If course if there are other communities that fit the bill other than the ones I mention above, feel free to suggest. They would be looking to spend about $150000-$175000 max. (Closer to the $150,000)

Thanks in advance for your honest opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 12:12 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Cascades and Kings Isle are both 55 plus communities. The others are not. They are open to any age.

Cascades and Kings Isle --have a lot of planned events all the time because they are designed for people that have retired and what their days filled with more than a job.

Heritage Oaks has some planned community things like the football games etc., but that is not their purpose. There are plenty of other things to do in Tradition itself or find other things they are interested in.

St James is not a part of St Lucie West and it kind of out by itself. If they like to golf, they can golf there, but that's about it.

All of them are safe to walk around and all of them have snowbirds.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:12 AM

361 posts, read 749,961 times
I can speak on Kings Isle as I do a lot of computer repair in that community. It is extremely safe -- one of the safest communities I have ever been to. The guards check everyones ID at the gate.

People are extremely friendly there and it's one of those everyone knows everyone type of communities. I know they have several different social clubs and events organized. They even have a 'traveling club' where people in the community schedule trips to different places together. Kings Isle is a great neighborhood & central to all of the St. Lucie West shops.

Also Kings Isle is very big -- it has several different "communities"(?) inside of the large development.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:25 PM

Thank you FlaLady and PSLW. Both Cascades and Kings Isle sound like good options for them. Are they similar as far as fees go, taxes, hoa, CDC fees, etc?

We are planning a trip down soon. They are waiting to go to contract on their NY home.

Old 03-17-2014, 05:29 PM

PSLWater - would you suggest one of those inner communities over the other in Kings Isle?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM

98 posts, read 167,274 times
Is Town Park at Tradition an over 55 community?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 PM

361 posts, read 749,961 times
I spend most of my time in Isle of Capri so I am biased http://www.kingsisle.info/about/

Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 PM

162 posts, read 311,166 times
Default TownPark

TownPark is an all ages community. If you have any questions, I live here and there are quite a few of us 55 and older. Vitalia is the only 55 and older community in Tradition.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:02 PM

Any thoughts/opinions on Lake Charles?

Old 03-19-2014, 12:54 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,199,806 times
Lake Charles is also fine- gated - no age restrictions- low HOA because it doesn't cover as much. St Lucie West location is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach