Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 04:30 AM

1,285 posts, read 3,607,951 times

Advertisements

Bad things come in threes or at least for me. My central air conditioner needs replacing, I have a roof vent that is leaking and now my dishwasher is kaput.
In searching for a dishwasher I have visited Jetson, Sears, Home Depot and Lowe's. Who am I missing? So far Sears had the widest selection but had a mandatory delivery fee, Lowes had some , Home Depot less and Jetson in Ft. Pierce had little selection and a horrible young salesman that could not give me a dishwasher, he knew nothing about sales.
Is there another place for appliances?

Thanks to another forum member the AC is getting replaced reasonably priced and a roofer from my realtors website is fixing the leak this week.

Got to go fishing to forget the joys of home ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 04:51 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,218,285 times
Sears - my wife and I purchased a washer/dryer from Sears and the dryer did not work from day one. When I called to have it repaired the earliest appointment was 3+ weeks away. Needless to say, we returned both units and purchased a set from Lowes...cheaper with a better service contract.

BTW - we lived in NY then and had the units for 5 years with never a problem.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:17 AM

194 posts, read 427,915 times
Go to the WEBSITE of Home Depot or Lowes. Better selection then in store and usually 1 day delivery if in stock. HH Gregg would be third choice, usually they are higher.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:27 AM

Rusty78, Thank you for the speedy reply. I guess I am just an old grump but I dislike being told I have to have Sears install the unit or the Warranty would not be in effect. On the other hand, a lady at Lowe's explained if I could wait a few weeks then they will be offering 10% off for the Memorial Day sale,normally it is 5% if you put it on the Lowe's card, plus free delivery and take away the old unit. Can't be much to hook up a replacement dishwasher and for $130 I will give it a try.
There is always You Tube to help. I am leaning toward a Whirlpool Gold dishwasher even though Consumer Reports magazine recommends Bosch as a best buy. My better half wants an all stainless steel interior and the Bosch is more pricey than the rest. They claim to be more efficient because they do not have a heating element to dry the dishes and use a fan that runs for 6 hours. I wonder how long it will last at that rate.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:29 AM

Jim, good idea to look at HH, they are in Treasure Coast Mall with Sears.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
I don't know if you feel like driving down to West Palm but BrandsMart has quite a selection.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:36 PM

56 posts, read 69,978 times
I have a Whirlpool gold dishwasher. Love it. It is very quiet.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Yep, we just ordered one from HD. Best price, free delivery and take away. Be here in 4 days, everyone else said mid June. None in stock anywhere locally even Brands Mart

Old 05-12-2014, 02:55 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
Can I also put in a vote for Whirlpool? We bought about a year ago model #WDT710PAYM5. It is so quiet, you hardly hear it run. We also got it from HD during a sale, and chose that model due to the reviews on Amazon.

We did run into a problem with HD when it came time for installation. We had measured the space underneath the counter, and saw that the legs could be adjusted down or up, and thought we wouldn't have a problem. However, the company HD used to deliver and install the dishwasher took one look at my set up and said they would not install it -- I had put wood laminate on top of tile, and even though what was underneath the old dishwasher (a GE bleh. . .) was the original tile, what was in front of the dishwasher was the wood laminate. The guy told me I would have to cut around the front of the dishwasher where the wood laminate was (!!!!)

We called our handyman who told us that these guys from HD just want to go in, have an easy install, and then get on the road and leave -- they don't want to spend a hour or so at a home having to get on the floor and adjust the dishwasher legs. Our handyman installed the dishwasher for us that weekend and we went to HD to complain and have them take the installation charge off of our bill (which they did).

This is just a heads up for you, and hopefully you won't have this problem. Our handyman did a great job and we are so pleased with this purchase -- it also cleans a whole lot better than the GE we had too. Good luck!

Old 05-12-2014, 05:05 PM

HI Wiz,
Around here I am the handy man. Wish me luck. We got the WDT910 model, hope it is as good as yours.
Sid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach