Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 08:26 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,683 times

Advertisements

Pricing a Home by the square foot is the least effective way of determining the value. It fails to account for the Lot Size, or the Location of the Parcel. Two Homes, the same model with the same options on the same street -- one of them is located on the Golf Course and one is on the corner of a busy intersection......there will be a big difference in selling price.

There is a theory about smaller vs larger home prices -- there is a greater pool of potential buyers for the smaller home. The larger home will not have as many qualified buyers, and will have to be priced accordingly. Also, the "plumbed" areas in a home (Kitchens and Bathrooms) contain a bigger percentage of the costs than the Bedroom or Den. A large home with 3 full bathrooms compared to a smaller home with 2 FBs will not cost 50% more to construct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 08:58 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times
are you sure those aren't NEW CONSTRUCTION?

I don't show that on MLS at all... I only show 5 closed in Copperleaf since January- 3 were on Sun and 2 were not

Old 07-08-2016, 10:25 AM

1,690 posts, read 2,796,340 times
I may be missing the point of this thread. What does this have to do with Copperleaf? Are you just giving out random info, or what?

Old 07-08-2016, 10:47 AM

2,525 posts, read 1,946,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissybird View Post
Hello All,

Has anyone heard anything recently about Copperleaf, good or bad? There seem to be a lot of recent home sales and homes for sale just on the one street called "Sun Circle." There are, I think, 78 homes on that circle, and 12 are for sale/have sold since February 2016 according to realtor.com. Not exactly a mass exodus, but it seems a little high.

Also, secondary question: I've noticed that the per sq. ft. sales/listing prices in Copperleaf decline as total square footage increases. For example, 5/3 homes are selling for/listed at around $128/sq. ft., 4/2 homes are selling for/listed at around $155/sq. ft., and 3/2 homes are selling for/listed at around $162/sq. ft. I'm not used to seeing that. Normal? Odd?

Any info is appreciated.

Best,

Chrissy
See U --

It would really help your understanding if you read the last post on the previous page. It raised 2 questions that are answered here....

Last edited by FiveLoaves; 07-08-2016 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-08-2016, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 2,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLoaves View Post
There is a theory about smaller vs larger home prices -- there is a greater pool of potential buyers for the smaller home. The larger home will not have as many qualified buyers, and will have to be priced accordingly. Also, the "plumbed" areas in a home (Kitchens and Bathrooms) contain a bigger percentage of the costs than the Bedroom or Den. A large home with 3 full bathrooms compared to a smaller home with 2 FBs will not cost 50% more to construct.
Thank you, that makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
are you sure those aren't NEW CONSTRUCTION?

I don't show that on MLS at all... I only show 5 closed in Copperleaf since January- 3 were on Sun and 2 were not
Definitely not new construction, but not just closing, that's why I said "for sale/have sold." Apologies if that was unclear. My realtor printed out a CMA summary and there were 11 homes in total either sold, for sale, or contingent for the date range Feb - present, on Sun Circle. I confirmed this on realtor.com. A new for sale went up last night (or this morning), so that's 12.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,519 times
Hi, my husband and I currently live in Palm City and we love it here. We are also planning on moving to Copperleaf. We are African Americans and find that Palm City is far more friendly than Jupiter, FL. Feel free to reach out to me privately if you wish.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,519 times
Default My point of view on HOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12349876 View Post
Seriously bigoted would be choosing a neighborhood only because it is "diverse". The original poster implied they don't want to live in an area which is mostly "White". I pointed out the reality that White is just a social construct and not reflective of the people who you consider White. The original poster doesn't realize "White" can be very diverse. But to them, they judge only based on that criteria, and consider it a negative. And my points about so-called "minorities" is spot on. Most of our schools have a majority of so-called minority. Most of our neighborhoods have become populated by that term.

Now, if the poster had said they don't want to live in a diverse area, you hypocrites would be attacking them. Yes, that would be bigoted, just as only wanting to live in a diverse neighborhood is. Bigotry is the core of liberty. I have my preferences, and it is based on discrimination. Discrimination is NOT assault, violence or property damage. It's the right to choose or reject among all choices, even ignorant ones like racism. That is what the original poster is doing. They have the right to be a bigot. I was simply pointing out that they are not righteous, but pandering to boost their ego and it was based on bigotry and they are too blind to realize it.

Epiphany1 should ask their Realtor to find a neighborhood that is "diverse". If that Realtor wants to keep their license, they will inform Epiphany1 that they are not allowed to.... And anybody wanting to live in a community with an HOA doesn't want diversity. That is the opposite of an HOA. HOA's are about collectivism. Making sure every home is the same color, has the same restrictions, is burdened by the same overbearing rules. An HOA doesn't want you being diverse by painting your Condo pink. It wants it beige like the others are forced to be. An HOA doesn't want to have you play your diverse Salsa or Rap music. It wants you to keep it quiet and within your own confine. If you want diversity, then stay the heck away from an HOA.
Hi, we currently live in Palm City and live in a community with a very strong HOA. Again, we love it! Our community is beautiful, clean and quiet. We would not leave except for the fact that we wish to build in Copperleaf.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:25 AM

22 posts, read 19,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedDog View Post
We just moved to Palm City from Los Angeles County, CA and I did a lot of driving around PSL to "check it out" due to the talk of cheaper housing, etc . . . I saw a lot of tell-tell signs of criminal activity that I left in LA County . . . I think I'm liking Palm City better and better. Diversity is in the eye of the beholder and I see lots of diversity in Palm City. I find everyone to be friendly enough and just like me - looking to find my little piece of paradise and pursuit of happiness. I'd recommend Palm City to anyone.
Thanks for this post, Dog. I would like to hear you expand more as to what things you noticed specifically around PSL.

I currently live in West PSL, and am thinking of moving to Martin Co. in the near future. I have been here a year, and I just have a vibe about the area that is unsettling. I haven't seen anything, and I don't feel unsafe per se, but I can't ignore this feeling that I have.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:55 AM

62 posts, read 136,059 times
Sun circle is closest to the turnpike and the lot sizes are the smallest

Old 10-26-2016, 12:15 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,866,005 times
Why not just move in and make it diverse. Be a pioneer. Archie Bunker is long since dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach