Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,880 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to port saint lucie and I've heard port st Lucie is really boring and there's really nothing to do.. Is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,288,982 times
This has been discussed many time on here , do a search , lots depends on what you like and the area you came from. some that came from large areas think it's boring , others that came from different areas think it's wonderful ...look around and only you can decide what's boring to you ..welcome

Old 10-07-2014, 01:42 AM

217 posts, read 365,219 times
Yes, it's true. Unless you'd like to get into surfing, fishing, hiking. Try reddit's PSL sub

Old 10-10-2014, 12:40 AM

108 posts, read 180,528 times
Default It's all relative....

...to where you're coming from. I moved to Lake Park, Florida when I was 20 years old from a small city in Kansas called Liberal. Find it on a map, I dare ya.... it's in the southwest corner of the state. 15000 people at the time (30 years ago) and the nearest so-called "big city" was Amarillo Texas 150 miles away. Talk about nothing to do. Moved to Florida and they have this place called "the beach"....crazy...it's like sand and water all around the state. Mall that's probably bigger than all the retail in Liberal. Orlando a couple hours to the north, Miami and Lauderdale a couple hours to the south. Even Lake Okeechobee to the west. Been living in the Palm Beach/St. Lucie area for 30 years now and still not bored of it. But even so, I met a few kids back when I moved here who thought it was boring. They have no idea.

howlinowl

Old 10-11-2014, 03:02 PM

10 posts, read 14,760 times
"What is there to do in port saint lucie fl

Last edited by Sunscape; 10-12-2014 at 05:30 PM..

Old 10-15-2014, 12:04 PM

63 posts, read 129,417 times
I'm a young professional (late 20's) who is currently staying in St. Lucie County (at the moment) and works in Palm Beach County, and I have to make a ~40 mile commute there-and-back to work Monday - Friday. The commute is long and boring, but it's unfortunately necessary until I find somewhere to live in the Palm Beach area closer to work and closer to all of the entertainment. For someone in their late 20's coming from a bigger city, I find Port St. Lucie very slow and boring, and I can't wait to find a place in surrounding West Palm Beach.

My advice:

1) Find a job.
2) Save your money.
3) Find a place to rent (probably in your case with roommates) in Palm Beach County.

There is a LOT more to do in Palm Beach County than in St. Lucie County or Martin County. Martin County (in particular) has a "little" bit more going for it than St. Lucie County (such as Jensen Beach and downtown Stuart, which has some somewhat decent bars such as Crafted Keg and Terra Fermata) but overall, it just does not compare nor approach the entertainment and experiences that Palm Beach County offers. If you like to go out and have fun with friends, you are going to have a bit of trouble doing that in St. Lucie/Martin Countys due to the fact that there aren't that many places to hang out for someone your age. To reiterate, your best bet is to earn income and rent a place in Palm Beach County.

Let me know if you have any other questions. People may and probably will protest this post (and that's fine), but I deal in facts and these are the cold hard facts.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 AM

45 posts, read 60,575 times
definitely agree with the man above me ^^^^

im 19 and im living in port st luice and made a horrible decision to move here from miami. i absolutely hate it here i want to rip my hair out. unfortunately i work here but i plan on moving back to miami in 2015 hopefully i find someone work down south because i cannot live here another year, i just cant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach