Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 10:06 PM

278 posts, read 1,001,359 times

Advertisements

Ok I'm switching it up a little.

I asked a lot about PSL and their schools so now I'm wondering about Hobe Sound area or maybe a little north or west of there and the schools in Martin County. I am looking for personal advice and experience. I have already looked online and can get the facts. I want to hear from someone there. I will be there next week to check it out as well.

Looking to move down this summer. We are looking for a country feel, private area. Not a subdivision where all the houses look the same. We like to garden, have fruit trees, maybe a chicken eventually. We have 3 vehicles and a lot of boy toys.. So houses on top of eachother are not for us. Under 150k. We are not afraid of work to fix it up eventually. Whats the rental market in that area??

We also need a good school for my son who has learning disabilities. I hear Martin County Schools (MCS) are much better than PSL Schools. Can anyone explain why? Smaller class size? Superior teaching?
I will have a 4th and 8th grader. How safe are the schools? Busing good? after school programs?

Anyone have kids that go to school in that area? I'd love to hear from you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 05:39 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Default the schools in Martin County

They are consistently ranked as some of the best in the state. I think you would be hard pressed to find property for under 150K though with acreage. I don't think there is much in Hobe Sound as that is next to the intracoastal waterway. Maybe west of 95.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
Hobe Sound... as small as it is... is still part of Martin Co School system

Old 01-23-2015, 05:55 PM

what you are looking for in the price range you are looking for - $150 or less - does not exist in this area.
$150 or less does not get what you are looking for except in PSL. Even then, the pool homes are scarce.

I am not here to make it difficult for you... I am only telling you REALITY since I have searched what is available for what you want. Believe me or not. It is what it is.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 PM

I'd love west of 95 too. I'd even look into Indiantown if possible.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:31 AM

or Okeechobee ...there you would find it.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:39 AM

14 posts, read 27,260 times
Stuart is great. Nice downtown. Palm City has the best schools in the state for k-6th graders. Martin is near the top of the state. Stuart is the states best kept secret, but I am afraid word is getting out as the town is getting more populous.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:23 PM

Thanks for all the info. We visited in February. The only school that was nice enough for us to visit on the couple days we were there was Indiantown. I liked the school itself. It was interesting to see the new school plans they are building there but the surrounding area was horrible.

I did try very hard to work with PSL schools. I spoke with a couple K-8 schools in PSL West area but was totally unimpressed with how rude and disrespectful the office staff was everytime I spoke with them. My last conversation went a little like this..... "If you are this rude to a potential parent then I can imagine how NICE you are to the young students. I will NOT be having my child in your school. Thanks!" and hung up! I felt like they were talking AT me and not communicating at all. I can only imagine how the young kids would feel. I would home school before I let my kids have a school treat them that way.

Thanks for all the advice so far. I'd still love to hear from some actual parents with kids in these schools. Things are always much different once you are part of it then just looking in from the outside.

Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach