Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:11 PM

22 posts, read 90,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Hi Jody,
I believe FLladyB has posted all the fees. At the lake at Tradition, the HOA fee is different among three different models. I am sorry to say I have never paid any attention to these fee. I will try to find out all the fees for you.

Note to FLladyB, is it possible for you to post all the fee again? or find your post for Jody? I did a quick search and was not able to find the post.
Thanks for responding LingLing. I am new to this forum and don't really know how to get around here. I have tried using the search but nothing comes up. If you find out anything can you PM me or whatever they call it here? Thanks again, Jody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,052,247 times
Buyer's are not buying because prices will continue to DROP like flys in a freezer by this time next year. Expect another 15% decrease in home prices by May of 2009...guaranteed ! I am holding out like thousands of others.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Time your "holding out" correctly, however, if you are like most people who need a mortgage.

If interest rates rise, home prices will fall, but you'll be paying the same amount.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:59 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Hi Jody, I have sent you all the info.
For someone who just wants to know, here is the fee,
The Lakes: fee includes
24 hour manned gate, lawn maintenance, 2 heated pools, 4 lighted tennis courts, one lighted basket ball court, large clubhouse with fitness facility, internet, alarm monitoring, basic cable, Tradition HOA
Capri III (2br/2ba), $961/Quarter
Oakmont (3br/3ba), $1038 Quarter
Carlyle (4br/3ba),$1129/ Quarter

Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM

I don't mean to **** on the parade....but PLEASE, PLEASE be careful when buying ANYWHERE in Florida with an HOA....especially if the community is 5 years old or more. I have read several articles that state that HOA's are in dire need of money because of all of the abandonment (foreclosures) and that the people that are still there are having their HOA fee's increase by hundreds of dollars to compensate for those that are no longer paying. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
I don't mean to **** on the parade....but PLEASE, PLEASE be careful when buying ANYWHERE in Florida with an HOA....especially if the community is 5 years old or more. I have read several articles that state that HOA's are in dire need of money because of all of the abandonment (foreclosures) and that the people that are still there are having their HOA fee's increase by hundreds of dollars to compensate for those that are no longer paying. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.
I don't know how much the foreclosures have influenced our HOA fee. I think we are paying $100-$150 extra per month to live in Tradition. However, we like our community, where everyone is helping each other. Our community has volunteers that help others who are in need to go shopping or see the doctor or put up shutters. The effort is coordinated by HOA. I am proud of our community and also volunteer to buy some supplies for the volunteers’ group. I guess it is a personal preference. If you feel that is wasting money, then there are many houses all over the country that don’t have HOA. However, your concern is a valid one.

Last edited by LingLing; 05-30-2008 at 04:42 PM..

Old 05-30-2008, 06:54 PM

Hi All and thanks for all the information. Traditions sounds like a wonderful place to live with all the amenities and close knit families. While I would love to live in a gated community with beautiful homes and lawns taken care for me, I guess I just cannot afford it. With the high real estate taxes and home owners insurance, any area with a HOA fee, puts me in over my head. The way I see it, even if I could find a great deal on a house and buy at say $150,000, my taxes homesteaded would probably be somewhere between $300 to $400 a month. Add another $200 a month for homeowners insurance and I would be paying $500 to $600 a month. If I put 20% down on the house, my mortgage payment would be about $800 per month. Totaling $1300 to 1400 a month. There is no way I can add a couple of hundred dollars in HOA fees to that amount and have any money left over to pay for health insurance, utilites, food and other basic needs. I don't know how people are doing it. Wish I could but unless my calculations are wrong, I can't. Am I figuring the cost of living down there about right or am I way off?
Thanks, Jody

Old 05-30-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyj1622 View Post
Hi All and thanks for all the information. Traditions sounds like a wonderful place to live with all the amenities and close knit families. While I would love to live in a gated community with beautiful homes and lawns taken care for me, I guess I just cannot afford it. With the high real estate taxes and home owners insurance, any area with a HOA fee, puts me in over my head. The way I see it, even if I could find a great deal on a house and buy at say $150,000, my taxes homesteaded would probably be somewhere between $300 to $400 a month. Add another $200 a month for homeowners insurance and I would be paying $500 to $600 a month. If I put 20% down on the house, my mortgage payment would be about $800 per month. Totaling $1300 to 1400 a month. There is no way I can add a couple of hundred dollars in HOA fees to that amount and have any money left over to pay for health insurance, utilites, food and other basic needs. I don't know how people are doing it. Wish I could but unless my calculations are wrong, I can't. Am I figuring the cost of living down there about right or am I way off?
Thanks, Jody
I once knew a Jody that was in commercial real estate. Is this you Jody ?

Old 05-31-2008, 02:16 AM

Heydade, No, wrong Jody. I am not in real estate, commercial or otherwise. I am just trying to decide if I want to and/or can afford to move to Florida.
Good luck finding the right Jody

Old 05-31-2008, 02:05 PM

Hi Jody,
I think your calculation is quite right. My feeling is that your tax +insurance will be ~$300 per month total. However, all these number includes HOA fee can change. I think you are doing your homework well and will make a decision that fits your budget and lifestyle. I personally won't let my house payment get in the way of my other important needs.

TriMT7, you are familiar with PSL. Would you please suggest good area with no HOA fee? Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach