U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,121 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me info on fishing/boating in Stuart area.
How long does it take to get to ocean from Palm City area. Assuming 25 knots or so.
How far out do you have to go offshore to find Mahi?
How close does the Gulf stream get to this area?
Is there fishing in the river?
Any other fish/boat info. appreciated.

thanks
RBC
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 01:41 PM

4,508 posts, read 7,604,267 times
Don't have a boat but...

1. Depends on where you are in Palm City
2. Check this guys reports -http://www.tcpalm.com/sports/fishing-boating/
along with several others that are posted all the time as to what fish are biting and where
3. Gulf Stream - about 10 miles out
4. yes... along with sharks, manatees, dolphin

You can also get lost in the fingers of the river if you don't pay attention to where you are going or where you've been.

Don't forget lobster -During the Aug. 6 to March 31 regular season, the daily recreational bag and on-the-water possession limit is six spiny lobsters per person for all Florida waters.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:04 PM

12,296 posts, read 14,294,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbc123 View Post
Hi. I'm hoping someone can give me info on fishing/boating in Stuart area.
How long does it take to get to ocean from Palm City area. Assuming 25 knots or so.
How far out do you have to go offshore to find Mahi?
How close does the Gulf stream get to this area?
Is there fishing in the river?
Any other fish/boat info. appreciated.

thanks
RBC
If you are up the river in Palm City (heading towards American Custom Marine) you can spend 45 mins getting to the ocean. Some of that area is "no wake, slow speed."

Google "algae bloom stuart" and you will see why the fishing has been bad lately.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:10 PM

12,296 posts, read 14,294,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim sadler View Post
I'm in south Stuart and getting in I-95 is a snap. One huge advantage in Stuart is that our property taxes are not insane like in Jupiter and other places in Palm Beach county. Housing in Jupiter is for people with lots and lots of money. Our beaches are far nicer than Jupiter's as well. We even have free parking at the beach and plenty of it.
South Stuart has big water on three sides with limited points of entry and exit. The result is low crime rates as an escape after a crime is unlikely here. Usually if we have a bank heist it is some tourist who has no clue about the difficulties of escape in the area. We also have a rather large number of cops for the size of the population which I suspect is due to the large number of very wealthy people in the area. On Jupiter Island there are no dwellings under one million dollars including condos or apartments over a garage. Jupiter Island is part of Martin County. It is a very long island with one road and tons of police surveillance.
Jupiter Island proper does not have any condos but the south end of Jupiter Island (Tequesta) has plenty of condos for 200-400K.

You better check on your Stuart beaches, every storm seems to get them closed due to erosion. Jupiter beaches crush Stuart's (especially when the algae bloom ruins them)

Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 PM

88 posts, read 42,764 times
*sigh* no more small town living in mc.. they are trying to make Martin county boom as much as psl did.... And psl sucks!

Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 AM

10,604 posts, read 15,391,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Jupiter Island proper does not have any condos but the south end of Jupiter Island (Tequesta) has plenty of condos for 200-400K.

You better check on your Stuart beaches, every storm seems to get them closed due to erosion. Jupiter beaches crush Stuart's (especially when the algae bloom ruins them)
I think you're using different terminology than everyone else.

Tequesta has nothing to do with Jupiter Island. It's it's own village separated from Jupiter Island by the Intracoastal Waterway.

Jupiter Island has condos.

And if you're talking about proximity of Tequesta to the "Town of Jupiter", it's North of Jupiter not South.

Map:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jupi...5!2i674!4f13.1

Old 11-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntd06 View Post
*sigh* no more small town living in mc.. they are trying to make Martin county boom as much as psl did.... And psl sucks!
Says the man who is considering using a bat or cattle prod on his dogs...per his own post.

Have you ever actually "lived" in Port St Lucie?

Old 11-11-2017, 06:00 PM

24 posts, read 32,201 times
I tend to agree with Johntd06 about psl on some aspects. People seem to like (and are moving to) Martin county because the schools are better and the town isn't as money-hungry as to go after homeowners for silly code violations in order to rob them or put liens on their property. Sit in on the kangaroo court hearings sometime and you'll see.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton Harris View Post
I tend to agree with Johntd06 about psl on some aspects. People seem to like (and are moving to) Martin county because the schools are better and the town isn't as money-hungry as to go after homeowners for silly code violations in order to rob them or put liens on their property. Sit in on the kangaroo court hearings sometime and you'll see.

Im sure Martin co does the same things on violations as does St Lucie County. Since they are too different counties their courts are also different. Violations aren't for money...they're for violations, just like traffic tickets are for doing something you know you shouldn't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach