Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,592 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I recently moved with my 2 kids to Vero Beach and I'm looking to make some good friends that also have kids so we can enjoy activities, playdays...My son is 8 and my princess is 11 years old. We moved from South Florida and I noticed is kind of hard to make new friends here? maybe I'm wrong! my background is European I'm very social, family orientated, my kiddos are American, loving and fun!
I hope I can meet great people soon !
Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 05:15 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Have you thought about joining the pta at your kid's local school and yes it can hard making friends here since its a smaller area.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:09 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris2164 View Post
Hi everyone! I recently moved with my 2 kids to Vero Beach and I'm looking to make some good friends that also have kids so we can enjoy activities, playdays...My son is 8 and my princess is 11 years old. We moved from South Florida and I noticed is kind of hard to make new friends here? maybe I'm wrong! my background is European I'm very social, family orientated, my kiddos are American, loving and fun!
I hope I can meet great people soon !
Thanks for reading
Also maybe volunteer at the school where you can meet other volunteers. I did that when my kids were in school and still have some of the same friends from then-and my youngest is 30+ now. Another way we made friends were through scouts. Still have friends from the cub scout era for my sons, too. Church is also another way to get to know people. Kids playing sports also gives you a whole group of parents to get to know. Dance and music classes also gives you another group of parents to get to know. I became the surf mom when the kids got into surfing and drove them and their friends to the beach until they could drive and even years after. Usually some of the other moms would meet up with us to watch and photograph, too. Often we planned picnics on the beach etc.

Even doing things like having an end of school year party and inviting the kid's class and their parents to a BBQ etc will give you a base of possible friends. We also made friends taking the kids to public parks, swim pools, and the beach. Just start up conversations with the regulars. Also all of you get out of the house and play in the yard and neighborhood kids will see you and come over to play which also usually means you meet their parents. Sometimes we would even get knocks on the door when the neighborhood kids knew my kids were staying at Grandpa's in TN and they would ask my husband if they would come out and play.

If you work, plan outings that include co-workers and their families.

The main thing is....you have to get out of your own house to meet friends. There may be a lot of nos from some too busy or willing to take time to enjoy life , but you just keep trying till you find those that fit in with you and your family. Welcome to Florida. Hope you get to love it and make lots of lasting friends who almost become family like we did.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 2,592 times
Thank you both for taking the time to respond
Great tips! !

Old 05-27-2015, 02:43 PM

56 posts, read 69,978 times
Are there any meetup groups in your area for young families? I would check there and you may also find meetup groups for your adult interests. Once you have some established interests with other people it would be an easy step to getting your children together.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:04 AM

97 posts, read 136,817 times
How about church? Are you attending?

You can always find parents with children at church who have all kinds of family activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach