Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 10:52 AM

1,257 posts, read 1,865,463 times

Advertisements

I had an absolute horrid agent selling my house. It took nearly a year to sell. She did as little as possible and only at the end of the contract and after I was ready to cut her off did she get off her lazy behind and get aggressive. One of our issues was price and we knew that but we took her advice and listed for what we thought was a good price. In the end we had to drop about 20k off the price to get it to sell.

Personally I now wish I had never sold in the first place. Eleven months of having your house available at all times for showing is a strain. We loved our home and hated to sell. FlaladyB is correct. Your other price is way out of bounds from what you are selling for now. I am shocked that it didn't sell at 169.

Take a look at your agent and be aggressive in making sure they are marketing your house. If not fire them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 06:40 AM

97 posts, read 136,770 times
I am thinking of just putting for rent. Wait for the market to pick up.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:12 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,305,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enero6 View Post
I am thinking of just putting for rent. Wait for the market to pick up.
Can the market get any better than it is right now ?

Old 08-03-2015, 03:55 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,184 times
Rental market? No not likely. Landlord dream right now

Housing in the area? Absolutely can improve and likely will very slowly. Assuming mortgage rates stay under 5%-5.5% or so.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I have a NEED for 4 bedrooms rentals!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2015, 08:27 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
If you couldn't sell it at 169K last year, why would you think it would sell for 215K this year? You went 46K higher instead of lowering 5K to try to stir up some interest. I would not get a realtor from another county. Google best realtor in Port St. Lucie, I did and sold property within a month almost at list and a lot more than I thought I would get on one place.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 AM

FLALADYB...my contract with my realtor expires in October. So have to wait until then to put it for rent

Old 08-05-2015, 10:33 AM

194 posts, read 427,794 times
Why can't you sell

1- Because it is in Victoria Parc. As previously noted by others, the whole community has been vacant for years with just a handful of homes ever built and it still looks like it as the new builders apparently have done little to give the entrances and roadways any kind of fresh look.
2- You have the HOA fee at $352 per month. There are no facilities to use, pool, clubhouse etc. So right now you pay $352 per month for basic cable, internet and maybe landscaping (not sure). Not many buyers will sign up for that.
3- If I have it right you home backs a public street.
4- You have a tough sell and you have an under market agent commission. I am not an agent but that does not help.
5- You had it listed for around a year between 169k and $179k without selling. There is no way you can make that kind of jump and expect to actually sell it. It needs to be listed closer to that lower number IMO.
6- You cannot base your list price based on what other similar homes in other Tradition communities are getting. They are not the same, other communities there are already built out with common facilities. Victoria Parc is years from that and you must take that into account when trying to sell your home.
Just my opinion but I would absolutely rent it. I would contact your agent now and ask to also list it for rent along with leaving it for sale. I do not know why the agent would not as they would be entitled to a commission on the rental and that is better than nothing. By renting it now you will buy additional time in the hope that the new builders can get the place moving with new homes and adding some common elements which would give you a much better opportunity to sell down the road.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Thanks Jim!

Now that everyone has told me that I will not be able to sell, but to rent. So how much should I rent it for?

Old 08-08-2015, 10:07 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,192,672 times
Have your realtor run comps on rentals. Mine did and our home was rented in less than a week at full rental asking price. IMHO, you need to talk to your realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach