Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:57 PM

6 posts, read 6,525 times

Advertisements

Moving very soon for a job in Tradition are of Port St Lucie. I've been looking at rentals in the tradition area particularly but The Atlantic is well overpriced for the size of the layouts / sq footage. I've looked at some Townhouses in Bedford Park (3 bedroom two car garage). What are everyones thought on those Townhouses and is there anything I should be looking for or out for when living in the area. Again, just looking to rent and would prefer either a luxury apartment or townhouse.

Thanks!
Tekmill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 08:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times
cant control what the Atlantic has for rentals -- thats not really under anyones control since that entire community was built by a company specifically for rentals. It's not individual owners. They were SUPPOSED to be 900-1300...that didnt happen.

The 2 bedroom townhome on Academic is way overpriced- should be maybe 1300 not 1450
the house on Kelsey is listed by a company thats not even in this area and again, wayyy over priced for the smallest sq footage in Bedford Park.
The 2 bedroom in The Lakes is the price IF it had a pool.... its doesn't, but the person listing it is well known for overpricing everything
There is a new home in Heritage Oaks for 1500 - should be 1400 but at least you get some square footage.

ALL the rentals are getting out of hand and over priced all over. It's ridiculous what prices were a year ago and what people want now.

Its a nice place to live, and no, there is nothing to worry about. You get lawn cable and Internet included. Stores at your fingertips, sidewalks and streetlights, access to I95...and things going on all the time that you can attend -many times free.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
When we were looking for rentals, we found most of the prices comparable. At the time (this was October) we considered The Atlantic as they were having some "specials". We ended up at The Belmont and we feel we got a great deal on a nice place.

Tradition is nice, but I can't imagine living and working in that one location. It's like you'd spend your whole life there! LOL

Bella Vista and Kitterman Woods have nice apartments, but are kinda on the other end of Port Saint Lucie.

Are you only looking for 3 br 2 car garage? Most apartments are not going to have that.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:00 AM

I lived there for 6 years and loved it. I liked the easy access to everything....even St Lucie West is only the next exit up.

Kitterman Woods- every person I have met that used to live there did not like it. It's over off US#1 and too far to drive if you are working in the Tradition area.

The other places that are strictly rentals is off Cashmere - The Belmont and The Club are rental condos off St Lucie West Blvd.

there is a new 2 plus den house for $1295 in a gated community in St Lucie West.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:03 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,199,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
I lived there for 6 years and loved it. I liked the easy access to everything....even St Lucie West is only the next exit up.

True! But for me, I know myself well enough that I'd probably only rarely venture out of Tradition 'cause everything is so convenient. I'd feel like I was missing the rest of the area. HA!

Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 PM

6 posts, read 6,525 times
Thanks for all the responses so far! So It's my wife, my one year old and myself so we don't need much more than a two bedroom really. As far as square footage I'd like to stay in the 1200+ range and no carport required! I just saw the Bedford Park 3 bedroom for about 1450 a month so It was intriguing. I'm really shocked at the high prices at the Atlantic for how small it is....As for the Belmont are they renting? Are the prices reasonable?

Old 01-30-2016, 04:46 PM

The Belmont condos are individually owned. There are rentals available in there at the moment. Also The Club just a short ways east

2/2 Belmont $1250 - 2 of them
2/2 Belmont $1300
3/2 The Club $1350
3/2 HOUSE for $1400 - Lake Forest -lawn and cable incl- 2 car garage

Old 02-25-2016, 06:31 AM

182 posts, read 239,382 times
What's driving the increase on rental prices? Is something going on in the area? Also I noticed a lot of homes for cheap at the pipers landing golf club w the membership requirements. What's the gossip on that place and why are people bailing ??

Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 AM

two things - greed to see how high they can price it till it sits there, and a lot of renters looking.

A house that a year ago would be on the market for $1600-1700 I just saw at 2150. No reason or thought behind it. The house was the same house inside as it was then. I hope it sits there unrented.

The Belmont I mentioned above- a 2/2 in there was renting for 800-900 last year. Now its up to a house price

4 bedroom rentals are at a premium- there are only a handful that are less than 2000.

Pipers Landing has a mandatory investment/membership in the club that I believe is $65,000. A bit difficult to swallow and buy a house too. Palm City has a couple of places that have high fees like that.

Old 03-01-2016, 05:53 PM

97 posts, read 136,712 times
FlaLady...I wish I could rent mine for more than 2K!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach