Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,505 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I are looking to potentially move to the PSL/Stuart/Jupiter area this summer. We are looking for [active] family-oriented neighborhoods that we can rent in for a year, then potentially buy in within another 1-2 years. Would like to be somewhat close to the beaches and things to do. Price range for rental is $2k (+/-). Any suggestions on specific neighborhoods we can check out??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,159,256 times
Depends on how much home you are looking for and what you are expecting/used to. Anything in Palm Beach County will be expensive both in rent, purchase, and living.

The beaches are here.. we are on the coast.

If you are looking to be entertained all the time- Jupiter (used to live there myself and loved it, but that was before the cost got out of hand)

If you are looking for a break from traffic and people and cost -- further north in PSL or Stuart, Palm City

Old 02-28-2016, 03:22 PM

110 posts, read 173,297 times
I live in Jupiter and truly you cannot compare it to PSL or even Stuart. You are covering a huge territory. You need to zoom on one city/area. Have you visited any of these towns?

Renting for 1-2 years is a good idea and yes, $2,000 (plus utilities) is doable. Some rentals will include cable and some will not. Also know, if you have pets your choices may be more restrictive.

If you are willing to give more details condo, townhouse, #bedrooms, etc.) I may suggest a few areas in Jupiter. Also please define 'active'. Do not know Stuart all that well and do not know PSL at all.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:50 PM

Petunka.. if you know nothing about the other areas how can you say anything about them at all for any comparison

I lived and worked in Jupter myself for many years. I also worked in Hobe Sound. I work in Stuart, Palm City and Port St Lucie now but still do business in the Jupiter and surrounding area when needed.

I mentioned expensive - right now the lowest 3/2 house rental in Jupiter is $1700 and only 1299 square feet. Prices go up from there. The least expensive Townhome or Villa is the same. The least expensive condo is actually more money since most were used as furnished rentals for Season. These are all in Jupiter Proper -- and may/will change if its in surrounding areas such as Palm Beach Gardens etc.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:41 PM

110 posts, read 173,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
Petunka.. if you know nothing about the other areas how can you say anything about them at all for any comparison

I lived and worked in Jupter myself for many years. I also worked in Hobe Sound. I work in Stuart, Palm City and Port St Lucie now but still do business in the Jupiter and surrounding area when needed.

I mentioned expensive - right now the lowest 3/2 house rental in Jupiter is $1700 and only 1299 square feet. Prices go up from there. The least expensive Townhome or Villa is the same. The least expensive condo is actually more money since most were used as furnished rentals for Season. These are all in Jupiter Proper -- and may/will change if its in surrounding areas such as Palm Beach Gardens etc.

Gosh, I only said, I cannot compare Jupiter to other areas because I do not know them. AND, the poster did not say he wants to rent a house.

In our community 2bedrooms and 21/2 baths townhouse ( walking to the beach) units are rents for about $1,400 (nothing available at the moment). The poster said $2K if I am not mistaken.

I only said $2K in Jupiter is doable. Am I wrong? I am not a real estate agent and sorry for giving my opinion.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,505 times
We are looking for a house, preferably, but would consider a tow home. We have visited all 3 areas and were impressed by them all, which is why I was hoping to get some thoughts on neighborhoods in any of them to help us narrow our decision. By "active" I simply just mean there are things to do near by, and more young families versus retired couples.

Any information about neighborhoods or communities to look into would be appreciated

Old 02-29-2016, 07:19 AM

17,084 posts, read 21,747,304 times
PSL doesn't have a beach but has plenty of cheap real estate. I would suggest finding employment first then focus on living near to that. The employment might dictate your price point also.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:31 AM

623 posts, read 960,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post

Stop being a know it all and dissecting people's opinions. Your only on here trying to get customers

Old 02-29-2016, 07:39 AM

The beach/ocean for everyone along the Port St Lucie, Stuart, Palm City, area is across the river over on Hutchinson Island.

The mainland for all of these areas is up against the River which is not generally used for swimming but a lot of boating.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
Stop being a know it all and dissecting people's opinions. Your only on here trying to get customers
Im giving them facts so they can get a better idea of what reality is on things. Better than being told something by someone who has no idea, and even says so.

If you know better information boston904-- then why not give YOUR information instead of bashing me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach