U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 03:27 PM

10,604 posts, read 15,320,657 times

Advertisements

You're welcome!

On the airport, I will say I despise the Orlando trips because the traffic and the terminals are PACKED PACKED PACKED with families and crowds. I-95 in Florida is REALLY REALLY bad. And I'm from up North.

NOWHERE as bad as down here. If you google it you'll see tremendous accidents quite regularly. Especially where I lived further north in Jacksonville.

In SOUTH FL they drive like LUNATICS starting around PGA Blvd and the construction is ongoing. (I also grew up in Philly/NJ/NY and down there part time and have lived all over So Fl so it's not that I'm some hick from the burbs up North LOL)

I ALWAYS use West Palm Beach Airport given the choice. It's VERY nice, peaceful and not anything like Orlando. At all.

They are both the same distance from Vero - about 1.5 hrs.

I guess if you commute reverse the KID FACTOR on the plane is not as bad. IE going OUT on off days

Monday mornings can be tricky with commuters but not kids from what I remember.

If he's going to Houston it's probably not as bad as going up North. A NIGHTMARE.

If by any luck he's going to Newark, we now have a commuter airline in our airport that goes there.

Either way, you'll find something. If he REALLY wants to live on the beach that badly, he'll settle for a house that's already built rather then live OFF the beach (if he's anything like me).

Have fun. DO GO all the way down the coast to see EVERYTHING so you have a good point of reference including Hutch. Island or even further south. It's fun to see the vast difference from seclusion and quiet to crazy density but I like BOTH.

You never know what you'll come across.

LASTLY, the temp DOES change around this area getting warmer. That's why they call Vero Beach "Where the tropics begin".

IF hot weather is high on the priority list. But it's not really "cold" till JAX although I'll say each 1/3 or 1/4 segment of the coast probably can vary by 10 degrees or so.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 03-02-2016 at 03:36 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 PM

6 posts, read 13,552 times
If you don't need a huge home, Jupiter Island has a small lot across from beach for 950k. I believe you may be able to have your own walkway to the beach (which is basically private)
It has been on the market for nearly a year.
Jupiter Island is super nice- unlike anywhere else. I think it is superior to Hutchinston Island (although Sailfish Point is pretty nice).
My boyfriend parents have a home on the beach and we've spent a lot of time there. Police are always on the island so you feel super safe- they even helped us get our cat down from the roof. And the trash pickup comes right to your door/garage, so you don't even have to take your trash out. Plus, it's closer to Palm Beach malls, dining and the airport, and the new Jupiter plaza on the water is pretty nice!

Old 09-29-2016, 02:23 AM

115 posts, read 152,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayschels View Post
Jupiter Island is super nice- unlike anywhere else. I think it is superior to Hutchinston Island (although Sailfish Point is pretty nice).
!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upi1gdT2nqU

there's absolutely no difference between the beaches on Hutchinson Island or Jupiter Island

Last edited by sammylovesu; 09-29-2016 at 02:33 AM..

Old 09-29-2016, 02:27 AM

115 posts, read 152,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

There's really NOTHING over there. I passed on a beach front condo rental there for that reason. Take me 20 minutes just to go to the store.

Nothing? There's tons of condos / 5 star Hotel resorts and multi million dollar homes on Hutchinson Island. Do you realize how many vacationers come to Hutchinson Island?

Last edited by sammylovesu; 09-29-2016 at 02:51 AM..

Old 04-21-2017, 11:05 PM

22 posts, read 15,744 times
Default Beach Front Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunak View Post
Hi everyone,
thanks for all your answers.
You just pretty much confirmed my thoughts about FP area.
To answer your questions, no, I'm not doing this over the internet:-) just gathering any info what I can get, before we'll come visit. There's no time limit for us.
Yes, I'm very well aware of living on the beach and expense it comes with. And the noise too.:-)

I know about the river lots, but we looking specifically for the beach front lot. We would buy old house on the beach and take it down, but I was really not able to find any. We looking for at least 0.3 ac.

We want lot, that we can build "our" house. I know there are a lot of houses for sale, beautiful houses, just not "our" house. Not our styles.

No, we don't want to flip it. It's not market for flipping beach houses right now.

We don't want to spend $1M on lot, because after buying the lot, you have to build fortress to withhold weather. Even, we don't want any mansion, we would be paying a lot of money to build it, of course.
If you are looking for a beach front lot, you can get great value on North Hutchinson Island. Zip 34949 is unincorporated Fort Pierce. Depending on how far north the lot is, you are basically within 7 miles of Vero Beach. The county line is at Round Island Park. North Hutchinson Island beaches are beautiful and they are accreting which means we don't lose our sand. Along A1A, we have two state park beaches (Avalon and Fort Pierce Inlet State Park) a county beach park (Pepper Park) and a county preserve beach (Queens Island Preserve). Our area is called North Beach by the locals who like the fact that we are not overdeveloped. Don't listen to what people here are saying - go look at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach