Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 07:14 PM

5 posts, read 4,631 times

Advertisements

Greetings! I currently live and work in Tampa. By July of next year, my company will allow me to work from home full time, so I can basically live anywhere in Florida I wish. Although we enjoy Tampa, it's a little too large for our tastes. My wife and I are travelling to the PSL area to look around this weekend. On paper at least, PGA Village seems to have a lot of what we are looking for. We hope to eventually find a condo/townhome, 2 or 3 bedrooms, in the 150K range, in a gated community (plus we like to play golf). It does not have to be luxurious, just a nice, quiet neighborhood. We are both in our mid-late 40's and probably act even older! I really don't mind higher HOA fees if I feel it's worth the cost, in terms of maintenence, amenities, ect.

I don't know much about PGA as a community yet. I'm sure I'll have a better idea this weekend. Any input on PGA in advance would certainly be appreciated. I know we are still about eight months away from moving but any recommended real estate offices would be appreciated as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2016, 08:30 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,198,651 times
I am a Realtor, and I live nearby. Let me say that PGA is a nice community but finding something in that price range is not reality. The least expensive home or villa in PGA at the moment is $174,900, then $185,000. There are 2 bedroom condos available in Castle Pines that are less than $150, (right this moment the least expensive is $125 which is high since they have been anywhere from a foreclosure at around 85,000 or so) but they are not INSIDE PGA Village and are actually set up for golfers (or anyone else) to rent on a daily or more basis.

You will also have 2 HOA's fees.

There are 3 championship golf courses to play and they are open to the public, but member/owners in PGA have first go at tee times. By the way.... the golf courses do not belong to PGA Village and the cost of running them does not come from the owners in PGA Village. They are OWNED by PGA Golf.

There are other golf courses in the immediate area as well that you can play. Season, they are busy, off season you can play all you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach