Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 05:55 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,195,244 times

Advertisements

Thats not true about Tradition. If you knew the HOA fees of all the areas than you would see it's not as bad as you think for what all it includes. And, the majority of all the different communities DO include lawn unless the individual HOA decided they didn't want it, like Town Park, but that was their decision. The Estates don't include lawn but that was also their decision. ALL the others include lawn cable and Internet. All the communities have watering the lawns included because there is a water tank on Tradition property for that use= less water bills. None of the other communities outside of Tradition include that or Internet service.

Tradition is the name of an area - one large umbrella with numerous communities under it - not just one community like the others you speak of. Under that Tradition umbrella is: The Promenade, Bedford Park, Heritage Oaks, Vitalia, The Lakes, The Estates, Town Park/Lake Park, Victoria Parc (which has existing and new construction but no facilities). Then there is the Brennity- senior living, and new Westcliff Estates.
As for the fees, when you have all the things a larger community included but less people to divide it among, the cost is higher. For instance, Lake Charles has 1128 homes - Heritage Oaks in Tradition has about 500 homes - huge difference.

For instance: All the communities have a pool and clubhouse. Some, like Town Parks, is much better than others, like Bedford Park which has only the pool. Some have a gated entry, two have people manned gates which cost more. Bedford Park is not gated at all. The gate at Town Park is not even run by the HOA, its run by and FOR the developer, for his convenience, for people to get directed to the sales office for his newer development of Lake Park for 55+ buyers.

Newport isles is not part of St Lucie West and I don't disagree. Bugs are everywhere.

ok..Im done doing this yet again.............there ARE differences and if you're going to compare at least compare the same things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
I did compare the same things. They decided to not include it because of the expense and pushing dues well over $400 a month if they did for many communities. Not my problem they have the master HOA albatross hanging around their neck getting all the owners to subsidize areas the commercial tenants should be supporting.

I don't care if the developer is short sighted and made the communities so small and laden with bills that they are forced to reduce services like lawn care yet charge double compared to communities that include it. I also don't care if there are 2, 3 or whatever HOA's. What I care about is what I get and how much it costs. So when you have HOA's that total $360 a month and don't include lawn maintenance I consider it a rip off especially when other communities offer more for half. The fact they can add it for MORE MONEY but don't means nothing as I still have to pay for it or do it myself. Lawn care here isn't cheap.

In addition Traditions will always have a drag on their pricing because of the amount of development that is left to do over there. Any resale will have to compete with the new construction for decades as they won't be finished building out anytime soon. The development plans for that community include thousands of homes that haven't been built yet and many communities are still trying to sell out from 10 years ago. Going to be a long wait.

AS for the irragation water, there are other communities like Lake Charles that run off the lakes and have little to no cost. They also don't have the extra non ad valorem taxes like Traditions or Neport Isles.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on Traditions. There is plenty of data out there for serious buyers to see that area has had problems and will likely continue to have issues value wise for a long time to come. I'm sure some people love it, all the more power to them. Everyone can go there and enjoy it, I see no reason to pay for it. Let some other sucker pay for everyone else to go there.

We got lucky and dumped our house in there just before the crash. I have no regrets and wouldn't go back there even for half of what we sold it for. Which funny enough we could of done.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:34 PM

Aridon.. where did you live in Tradition? Which community

and you do realize that HOA's are made up of HOMEOWNERS who decide what they want and don't want and how much it costs...other than the Main HOA..

Last edited by FlaLadyB; 03-15-2017 at 06:45 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 06:37 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,341,067 times
We built with Toll Brothers in the Estates.

My brother in law built in Town Park at the same time.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:55 PM

The Estates....which was started by Toll Brothers back in 2006 at the top of the prices and chaos --and went under. So this is not even recent.

Now D R Horton is in there picking up the pieces and building, which is what normally happens and has happened in communities that went under back then. Somebody comes in and starts over.

Currently I believe the the HOA fees are at $357/mo

as for Town Park, which does not include lawn care, I just called them and will have a specific amount for HOA fees in the morning.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:49 PM

70 posts, read 79,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
The Estates....which was started by Toll Brothers back in 2006 at the top of the prices and chaos --and went under. So this is not even recent.

Now D R Horton is in there picking up the pieces and building, which is what normally happens and has happened in communities that went under back then. .
D R Horton fixing or building anything is a scary, scary thought. Do a search on them and include the usual terms such as ripoff etc. You'll find all you need to know about D R. And if a RE agent ever recommends them, then you know to stay away from that agent.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:41 AM

Aridon- back to HOA fees in Tradition - specifically the different groups in Town Park, as promised.
This is directly from the HOA that I just now spoke with.

Master Assoc - $300 a QUARTER = $100 a month

Bennington $86 a QUARTER = $28.66 a month

Fieldbrook $120 a QUARTER = $40 a month

Stockton $108 a QUARTER = $36 a month

so its either $328.66 or $340 or $336 a month in Town Park depending on which part you live in. Apparently the difference is fixing sprinklers and some other things that each group decided to do or not do. None of them include lawn maint.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:44 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Aridon- back to HOA fees in Tradition - specifically the different groups in Town Park, as promised.
This is directly from the HOA that I just now spoke with.

Master Assoc - $300 a QUARTER = $100 a month

Bennington $86 a QUARTER = $28.66 a month

Fieldbrook $120 a QUARTER = $40 a month

Stockton $108 a QUARTER = $36 a month

so its either $328.66 or $340 or $336 a month in Town Park depending on which part you live in. Apparently the difference is fixing sprinklers and some other things that each group decided to do or not do. None of them include lawn maint.
Sorry to question your math ....but....

Is there another fee that starts the baseline at $200?

Old 03-16-2017, 10:57 AM

These are the fees that the HOA just told me for Town Park and only Town Park. You are welcome to call them yourself and ask. 772-345-2901

Old 03-16-2017, 11:50 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
These are the fees that the HOA just told me for Town Park and only Town Park. You are welcome to call them yourself and ask. 772-345-2901
Nah, was just wondering. I don't plan on moving...ever again.

It is something that someone should think about if they are reading this thread and come across these posts. They should call directly and find out why the odd math.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach