U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM

4 posts, read 16,424 times
Default moving to vero beach

can anyone give me the scoop on vero beach. i am a single female 55 year old marketing rep looking to move to the area. i noticed a large number of sex offenders on the list. what is that all about. visited VB last week and thought it was very pretty and quiet but that statistic surprised me. what else can you tell me about the area. is it safe, friendly... a good place to start over after dealing with the empty nestor syndrome. thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM

91 posts, read 278,096 times
come on down!! we just moved to woodside trillium and love it. vacation in vero and look around to see if it is what you are looking for. best of luck to you.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:03 AM

2,657 posts, read 2,484,455 times
I just responded to someone who started a post, "Vero Beach residents... please." I live in VB and I love it. It's quiet, safe, friendly, and the beach is never crowded.

There are sex offenders all over Florida. Vero Beach doesn't have a gate around it to keep undesirables out. It's just like any place in Florida. Pick your neighborhood and your friends wisely.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 AM

3,535 posts, read 5,490,390 times
They are everywhere!!!! Heck one lives ACROSS THE STREET from where my daughter goes to school. Nice huh?

Old 03-14-2008, 10:20 AM

250 posts, read 1,125,790 times
yea there are a few sex offenders nearby where we live but at least we know where they are and what they look like....

Old 03-14-2008, 10:21 AM

250 posts, read 1,125,790 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...ts-please.html

this is a link to another thread giving info about VB

Old 05-24-2008, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 1,918 times
My wife and I are exploring the possibility of moving back to Vero Beach to be closer to our family. We lived there from '87 to '92 and have been in Fort Myers most of the time since. I am semi-retired, but looking for work possibly back in broadcasting or a related area. Since my wife is younger she is still looking for fulltime employment as an excellent office manager. Anyone knowing of present opportunities for either of us can contact me @ cliffshell@hotmail.com. Please no work at home proposals. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:59 AM

8 posts, read 21,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoFLigo View Post
They are everywhere!!!! Heck one lives ACROSS THE STREET from where my daughter goes to school. Nice huh?
that's allowed?!?!?! I thought they couldn't live w/in a certain distance of a school?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,559 times
Grammy Lima,

I came across your thread last week and wonder..... might you be the poster who mentioned having a realtor friend who was trying to rent an apartment or condo on Barrier Island for just under $1000 and mentioned condos for $400 and $500? We will be looking for a winter rental as we are considering purchasing there and wonder if you know a long-term real estate agent who knows the area well? Thanks so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach